• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shockwave infront of caster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I want to make a non-targeted spell, that creates a shockwave infront of the caster, but how do I get the Dummy to cast it infront of the caster?

Level 7
The way I know is that you use "Facing of Unit, try something like

• Actions
    • Set Temp Real = Facing of triggering unit
    • Order dummy to cast shockwave in TempReal direction ofset by 100
or something like that

• Trigger
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to X
  • Actions
    • Set Point = (Position of (Triggering unit))
    • Set Point1 = (Point offset by 200.00 towards (Facing of (Triggering unit))
    • Unit - Create 1 dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Point facing default building degrees
    • Unit - Set level of Shockwave (dummy) for (Last created unit) to (Level of (X) for (Triggering unit))
    • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave (Point1)
    • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point)
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point1)

Level 7
Sorry for the late reply, but I haven't really had time to look at the map.
But I followed your instructions and ended up with this:
  • Shocking Strenght
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Shocking Strenght
    • Actions
      • Set ShockingStrenghtPos = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set ShockingStrenghtPos2 = (ShockingStrenghtPos offset by 100.00 towards (Facing of ShockingStrenghtCaster) degrees)
      • Unit - Create 1 DUMMY for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at ShockingStrenghtPos facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add Shockwave (Neutral Hostile) to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave ShockingStrenghtPos2
      • Unit - Add a 10.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_ShockingStrenghtPos)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_ShockingStrenghtPos2)
But it's still not working. I might just have missed something, but I haven't been able to see what I've done wrong.

Level 19
Erm, you never set the ShockingStrenghtCaster to anything in the trigger.

And.. Strenght should be strength :p

Why, he can use (Triggering Unit) ... Problem could be that the dummy unit doesn't have mana to cast the ability. Set the offset to 200-250 and use "Real" veriable for the facing as well as for the offset, and add 2-3 seconds expiration timer, 10 is just too much, unless theres something else that the dummy will do after the shockwave.

Level 7
The ShockingStrenghtCaster is just an old variable haunting the trigger, and the 10 seconds expiration was just to test if it was because the dummy needed more time.
EDIT: I decided to redo the whole spell (and trigger) and that apperently solved the problem. rep-rain
~Solved

Status
Not open for further replies.