• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ward on water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
basicly how to make the "healing ward" ability be casted on water.....i tried everythin i know...but i'm noob at triggerin so....

EDIT:eek:r make an ability (preferebly dat shows area of effect) dat will spawn a summoned unit where targeted

Last edited:
basicly how to make the "healing ward" ability be casted on water.....i tried everythin i know...but i'm noob at triggerin so....

EDIT:eek:r make an ability (preferebly dat shows area of effect) dat will spawn a summoned unit where targeted

you can cast it on land and water if the ward has a movement type of amphibious...

Level 12
You could make a dummy ability (that does nothing) and trigger the effects. Since we're looking for a ward ability, you could simply do this:
  • Water Ward
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) equal to Water Ward
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Water Ward at (Target point of ability being cast) facing WTF
      • Unit - Add a X second General expiration timer
Now, to look at what we've done:
The event states that the trigger will fire when a unit starts the effect of an ability, here summoning a Water Ward.
The condition states that the trigger will fire only if the ability that was casted by the unit was Water ward and not otherwise.
The actions are:
-Create a Water Ward where the ability was casted (NOTICE: The ward needs to have movement type Amphibious so it can stand on water but 0 movement speed so that it cannot walk)
-Add an expiration timer of X seconds to the created ward, which means that after X seconds it will be destroyed.

If there's any more you need to know it really means that you're not too farmiliar with the editor and should learn a bit: explore it by yourself or try some relevant tutorials.
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.