• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Units Summoned or Spawned on Water?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm not really that much of a map maker or anything but I love to horse around in the object editor.

I made two naval units, one is the Krakken based off of the Forgotten One. The other is a Krakken Tentacle based off the tentacle. I have not had a problem making it so each unit acts like a naval unit.

My problem comes with a spell to spawn a tentacle. I based it off of the pre-existing Spawn Tentacle spell. My logic was that since the Krakken Tentacle's movement type is set to float, then if the spell to summon one is cast over the water it should work. However this is not the case. Is there a way to make it so that a ward or unit can be summoned or spawned over the water?

Any help is appreciated.

Level 1
I don't want the unit to necessarily "Fly". I want it to act more like a boat instead of a flying unit. I don't think the problem is with the unit. I think the problem is more or less with the Spell.

I did try your advice though, and it didn't work.

I think what I meant by spawn over the water was to spawn IN the water, like a boat or amphibious unit. Sorry for the confusion.

My suspicion is that it has to do with either the spell I based mine off of (Spawn Tentacle) not having the right data/stat/whatever field, or having the wrong thing in one of the fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.