• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ability ID chaning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello, right now im doing a hero. A sludge model and he has two abilitys. Spawn Tentacle (like the orginal from the "Forgotten One") and Summon a Forgotten One. One is based on Serpent Ward and one is on Spawn Tentacle.

Now the big question. Can i change the "ID" of the abilitys? cause when i try to cast Spawn Tentacle, Summon a Forgotten One does cast too but just one finish casting. Can i change the ID or something in them so both of them dosnt cast when i cast one. Hotkey and everything is diffrent on them.

Please help! /Arree

Last edited:
Level 19
You cant
Make one of them based on Demon Portal (or whatever its name)
Archimonde's summon ability

Level 2
You cant
Make one of them based on Demon Portal (or whatever its name)
Archimonde's summon ability

okay ;/ but when i base it on demon portal the tentacle or forgotten one never die, it will be there forever :s

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
Create a custom ability based off of the hero ability Channel. Change the Data - options field to Visible so you can see it on your unit in game.

Then change the Data - Target Type field to Point target so the ability lets you choose a spot on the ground rather then target a unit. Or you could use Unit or Point target.

then use this trigger

• Custom Serpent Ward
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Custom Serpent Ward
    • Actions
      • Set customserpentwardpoint = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Create 1 Serpent Ward for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at customserpentwardpoint facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 60.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_customserpentwardpoint)
change the specifics for your spell however you please.

Level 2
Create a custom ability based off of the hero ability Channel. Change the Data - options field to Visible so you can see it on your unit in game.

Then change the Data - Target Type field to Point target so the ability lets you choose a spot on the ground rather then target a unit. Or you could use Unit or Point target.

then use this trigger

• Custom Serpent Ward
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Custom Serpent Ward
    • Actions
      • Set customserpentwardpoint = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Create 1 Serpent Ward for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at customserpentwardpoint facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 60.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_customserpentwardpoint)
change the specifics for your spell however you please.

ty! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.