• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jade Horizon Demo v1.1

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
What's this about?

I made this map out of inspiration from the PSX Final Fantasy games which I dearly love. This is a short RPG demo of the turn-based system I created. It includes the start of a story, cut scenes, epic Final Fantasy music and battling of course. It's a single player map.

Making this was very tedious work, I prolly won't make a full RPG of it though but you never know. This is just a taste of what it could be.

Screen1.jpg

Screen2.jpg

Screen3.jpg

Screen4.jpg

Screen7.jpg

Screen6.jpg

Credits
Battle/Scene Music Artist: Nobuo Uematsu
(Songs in order of play)
Loss of Me
Retaliation
Edgar & Mash
You're Not Alone
Fighting

Models and skins:
WolfmanArc (Delvero, the armored guy in the beginning that doesn't talk)
General Frank (Virgo)
Kitabatake (Geahl)
jigrael (Shika)
jigrael (Cedrin, awesome model)
Ayane (Hero Auras)

Map Creater: Me :)

Fixes
1.1 Did some major optimization and replaced Don't Be Afraid with the You're Not Alone song.

Known Bugs
Party members will sometimes attack or cast magic on their own teammates... It's a problem I know but one I cannot seem to fix. It's funny when it happens anyway.

Remember to turn on ur wc3 music for some epic FF beats!

Keywords:
jade, horizon, rpg, final, fantasy, turn, based, hadezown
Contents

Jade Horizon Demo v1.1 (Map)

Reviews
15:12, 13th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 6
Yea I started this map a few years ago, didn't know about leaks then. Don't worry it's just a demo you won't be playing it long enough for the leaks to start lagging it.

Edit: There we go down to 5mb.

Last edited:
Level 9
Ah I love the good old ff battles, does this map have a custom inventory system? Either way I'll find out soon enough

EDIT: Played it, liked it, but bug ruined it

When I started fighting the beetle boss, I did all my actions, but nothing happened, it just got stuck, my units did nothing, nor did the enemy...

If you can fix the bugs this would be a cool map
+rep

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

It would be a MASSIVE shame if you don't continue this project, it has gigantic potential