• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Its corrupted, im soo done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
1639042895624.png
as you can see, game is suddenly like this...anyone knows the cause?
1639042970221.png

Level 5
ahhh, i forgot to included in-game, all models [imported ones] are 'circle shadows'

PLS SOMEBODY REPLY, i need help...this is the first time i've encounter like this
1639047016866.png

Last edited:
Level 5
'If you're mapping on Reforged'
i don't own the reforge, im using the classic, i was just editing the cinematic shake (did post yesterday about it) then suddenly there's a popup on bottom left corner that models are missing (i tot its just false alarm, since world edit with PH box model is normal) but then all imported stuffs are affected, even the audios too

tried opening other maps, its fine...but this one is broken, i need help to revert to normal i spend a week creating that (i want accurate as possible and im quite meticulous xd)

Level 5
oh no, it took me 3hrs per terrain, i found it and its fooking corrupted Suddenly all my imports stopped working.

my war3 map was 104,000kb but now its 274kb FAAAAK

first my fire emblem got upgrade to reforge due to trigger that i need is gone (cant use in classic), now my second warhammer mortal empire is corrupted, fak this shit
1639058174274.png

Last edited:
Level 5
might as well show this (currently from chaos waste to sylvania)
1639058009250.png

1639058078502.png

all yours, if you can fix it, you can keep it also. I'm so done~

Attachments

• whack map.w3x
    241.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Level 4
oh no, it took me 3hrs per terrain, i found it and its fooking corrupted Suddenly all my imports stopped working.

first my fire emblem got upgrade to reforge due to trigger that i need is gone (cant use in classic), now my second warhammer mortal empire is corrupted, fak this shit
View attachment 391588

Did you have a crash by saving your map? I always lost all my Imports if I saved my map and had a crash (and then ur imports are lost). Nowadays I always create backups because of that shit

Level 5
Did you have a crash by saving your map? I always lost all my Imports if I saved my map and had a crash (and then ur imports are lost). Nowadays I always create backups because of that shit
it didn't crash there was just a notice below that models suddenly 'filepath/thisandthat/notfound' (saw a glimpse) and i was like meh, until i tried testing it and no i didnt create backup coz i switch from different maps from time to time [cause of changing maps, every time i copy a unit/rename/change icon the game takes 30 second to respond or load it annoys me for an old game]

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
No triggers are locked behind the pay wall as far as I am aware. Only the Reforged models and graphic mode is. Classic mode will run all triggers fine. Logically legacy versions of Warcraft III will not be able to run such maps due to format differences and missing features that were added in updates.

All imports have been deleted. They are now nothing but empty files. You will need to reimport them all. This is best done using the current version of World Editor by saving the map as a folder and then using file explorer to move and rename the imported files to the required paths. Once all imports are in place you can open the map file and save it as a MPQ again.

You can save the import folder tree separately from the map folder as a backup for the future in case the imports delete themselves again. This will make restoring them take much less time as you can copy the entire folder tree in a single operation.

If using a legacy version of World Editor it might not support saving maps as a folder. In this case you will just have to slog through the annoying import manager to reimport all the files individually. Make a backup copy of the map after doing this as you might be able to then bulk copy imports across for the current state using MPQ editor if this ever happens again in the future.

If using a legacy version of World Editor it might not support saving maps as a folder. In this case you will just have to slog through the annoying import manager to reimport all the files individually. Make a backup copy of the map after doing this as you might be able to then bulk copy imports across for the current state using MPQ editor if this ever happens again in the future.
Also if your version is far enough back (pre 2017), as I recall back in those days we would use JNGP to achieve the same goal. I seem to recall it had either a menu dropdown option or at least an external call from the preprocessor to import an entire folder of assets including all subdirectories and their paths, so it would be the same as if you copied the assets back into the map with the newer folder mode on Reforged engine's 1.32 World Editor. Basically if you have that kind of backup like DrSuperGood is suggesting, then there will always be a way to restore it into the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.