• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Range vision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi, its posible too see the abilities range like in a circle for example like league of legends. Soo you can see better what is the max range of AOE or others.

You also want to show it only for one player. You can create a dummy unit with no visible model and attach a effect which is visible for only 1 player.

Here is an example: (not MUI, but you can get the idea maybe)

ShowRange on
  • Aktionen
    • Custom script: local string s = ""
    • Set Unit = (Triggering unit)
    • Set PT = (Position of Unit)
    • Set Real = 0.00
    • Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() == GetTriggerPlayer() then
    • Custom script: set s = "Doodads\\Cityscape\\Props\\MagicRunes\\MagicRunes0.mdl"
    • Custom script: endif
    • For each k from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Set Real = (Real + 45.00)
        • Set PT_2 = (PT offset by 500.00 towards Real degrees)
        • Unit - Create 1 Show Range for Player at PT_2 facing 0.00 degrees
        • Set Show_Range_Unit[k] = (Last created unit)
        • Custom script: call AddSpecialEffectTarget(s, udg_Show_Range_Unit[udg_k], "origin")
        • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_PT_2)
    • Set Unit = No Unit
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_PT)

ShowRange off
  • Aktionen
    • For each i from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
      • Schleifen - Aktionen
        • Unit - Remove Show_Range_Unit[i] from the game
        • Set Show_Range_Unit[i] = No Unit

You could also create them once at start and then only hide/unhide them instead of re-creating them each time you want to show range.

Attachments

• dummy model.mdx
    34.2 KB · Views: 79
Level 6
Thanks for the answer IcemanBo but i ask for mre complicate stuff i mean. It has too show the range all the time or ( this will be the best ) like in league of legends you just put your mouse on the ability and shows the range all the time. Even if the unit is walking.

You know what i mean no?

Level 12
you just put your mouse on the ability and shows the range all the time.

In normal wc3 it is impossible to detect when the mouse hovers over an ability. You will have to use another method to toggle the range indicator.

Level 6
You can periodicly move the Show_Range_Units with the hero, so it looks like they follows him.

Yea i was thinking of that.... But do you think that moving lets say 48 units with a hero its a lot?

range of Q - 16 units
range of W - 16 units
range of E - 16 units

Maybe there is an special effect circle that if I scale it can be use no??

Moving 48 units in a periodic event isnt a big deal, if you make it efficient.

What you also could do is to create several levels for this ability what I posted, and only one indication circle.

Then make hotkey "R" for example. So when ever user presses "R", range indicator changes would it's radius, and also displays the current value. (depending of current level of ShowRange-ability)

After several uses it should get back to minimum range indication again.

MUI and smooth range indication could be something for our spell section maybe..

Level 6
Nice ideas. Combine with a nonstop cast spell could show the range. Shame is not eyecandy like a circle.

Maybe i would trigger a loop around a unit using some effect thats leaves a stela behind it. Then if it moves fast it could seems like a circle.

anyway + rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.