• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sight Range becomes maximum and unchangeable after map transition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hi, the other posts on HIVE have helped me so much to get to this point of map making. However, this is a problem I couldn't find anywhere so I decided to post my first post here.

I've been making my RPG campaign for more than 50 hours, up to the 8th map now then I realize that whenever a hero transition to another map, his vision becomes maximum even if it's night time. Since then his vision will be unchangeable (as far as I can see). I tried everything I knew such as:

- Changing time of day
- Turn off time flow
- Set day sight range as low as night sight range then give ultravision
- Even gave them the 'decrease sight range' ability to those heroes

However, the heroes' sight ranges are still maximum. I still can't figure the reason why.
I also upload a test campaign file with the transition of map 6-8 and all the triggers in it so that you can see what's wrong.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Map6-8Test.w3n
    4.6 MB · Views: 129
Level 12
One thing I found is that the increase of the sight range after transition is not due to the complication of other triggers. Since I tested with 2 very simple maps with only triggers for transition. You can download the tested map here as an attachment.

Also, I was not sure of how the reload all cache data and clear all category triggers work, so I disable them to see if they affect the change in sight range. And nope they did not. Reload all cache data is useful when you want to come back to a map you have been to before, or else you cannot load your heroes.

Now I'm thinking maybe it's not in the triggers but in some other settings of the map.

Attachments

• Maptest.w3n
    35.3 KB · Views: 51
Level 12
Thanks A]mun, I also replayed the Exodus of the Horde and the Rexxar Campaign to check about the sight range issue.
And yes, all of them have this bug. All loaded heroes sight range becomes maximum after transition.
It seems like this is a problem that not only we have but also Blizzard.
Maybe it's a hard-wired problem in the game itself that fixing using conventional means may not be possible.
However, the possibility is still there. There are many things I haven't tried. Maybe someday, somebody may be able to solve this problem.

Level 21
Nice find then, i really never noticed, strangely enough...
Maybe they bugged it with recent patching?

Whatever the case, i encourage you to report this bug in their official classic games forum, as patches are commonly happening these days.

Level 12
it might be a load zone problem

Hi Warseeker, I tested the Rexxar Campaign and they got the same problem. For now I don't think it's about the save load. I uploaded a simple set of maps. If possible, you can check it out to see what's wrong since save load is the only triggers in those test maps.

Also, thanks for the Transition Guide, I've looking for guide like that for sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.