• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Long Sight Radius??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hey guys. For some reason my hero has a rediculously long sight radius, night and day. I've set his sight radius down to 200, then to 1. Nothing changes it. Anyone know why this might be? He doesn't have ultravision or anything.

Level 6
Well it's a campaign map sadly, here's a pic

2je1m5u.jpg

Level 6
I already checked all the possible dummies, involved in his spells etc. All their sight radius' are already 0 : / And the 'sight radius' he currently has looks to be like 2200. I've gone through the triggers, there's nothing that seems be doing anything to do this. If there was a trigger doing this other than his spells it'd be affecting more units that just him, but i've looked through them.

Level 12
Have you checked gameplay constants? If you fiddled with those it may have caused some kind of problem.

Level 19
I already checked all the possible dummies, involved in his spells etc. All their sight radius' are already 0 : / And the 'sight radius' he currently has looks to be like 2200. I've gone through the triggers, there's nothing that seems be doing anything to do this. If there was a trigger doing this other than his spells it'd be affecting more units that just him, but i've looked through them.

that's interesting since the limit is 1800
do you have any abilities or upgrades affecting sight range?
of you don't I'd recommend that you upload your map because guessing into the blue is just plain boring

Level 6
I'm unsure of what gameplay constants would've caused it. It's something on the specific map though. As when I loaded a different map of the campaign is sight radius was very small due to me having it at 200. Im checking all the triggers again now.

Edit- Okay, i've gone through all my triggers and deleted each folder. I've narrowed it down to loading him with hashtables. Here's the trigger.

• Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game Cache - Create a game cache from Origin.w3v
      • Set TutorialCache = (Last created game cache)
      • -------- Load Hero From Cache --------
      • Game Cache - Restore Darkterror of Origin from TutorialCache for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Void Start <gen>) facing 90.00
      • Set Darkterror = (Last restored unit)
      • Unit - Change color of Darkterror to Black
      • Hero - Enable experience gain for Darkterror
      • Hero - Make Player 1 (Red) Heroes gain 30.00% experience from future kills
      • If (Darkterror Not equal to No unit) then do (Skip remaining actions) else do (Do nothing)
      • -------- Create Default Hero --------
      • Unit - Create 1 Faceless Void for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of Void Start <gen>) facing 350.00 degrees
      • Hero - Set (Last created unit) Hero-level to 5, Hide level-up graphics
      • Set Darkterror = (Last created unit)
Unsure of why this is doing it, but I played him on the map without this and his vision was normal. It's not an item he's holding either.

Last edited:
Level 12
Try turning them all off. test. If it goes back to normal, turn off triggers in individual segments (Depending on the number of triggers you have) and testing then. Turn off, say, 10 at a time. Test. Do it again till you find it change again. Then you know which segment it is. Then test each individual trigger in the segment. It's long and arduous, but it works, if that's the cause.

Level 12
I'm not sure... I've not had such an error with GameCache.

My GameCache problems are all just not loading the bloody map to begin with, ><

Check the save trigger of the previous map, though. That would be my guess. If it has to do with being loaded from the cache, the problem must originate from the cache itself, meaning the data inside of it, so check the previous map. About the only thing I can come up with.

Level 6
Well it's what I think it is anyway... It's definitely from loading him, and I deleted all the other triggers so all thats left is that trigger, god its frustrating. Maybe I should try remaking the loading trigger or something? Or, is there anyway to set a units sight range via triggers?

Level 12
Honestly, I haven't any idea. I'm going to have to bass the baton to someone more knowledgeable than I if you wish to ignore my comment about checking the previous map.

I wish you luck, however, and would like to say: <3 Wolf's Rain

Level 6
Good idea, i'll check the previous map. Alright. So I checked the previous map and deleted all the triggers but the one at the end that stores the hero.

Note that on the previous map his sight range is normal. Then when I load the next map it's still the same, and the triggers of that map are all gone too except the loading triggers... : /

Reset the gameplay constants and interface to default, still no result

Okay, I was browsing the forums and I found one talking about holding shift to increase sight range over 1800. Anyway it gave me an idea and I lowered his to -600, and it worked! Put his sight radius right now, but he can still see to about 500 radius... wtf is giving him extra range!

Alright so i've discovered a solution. I changed his sight to -50 in the object editor so that it doesnt affect the first map. I'm giving rep to everyone that helped me. Would be good to find out whats causing it though, though im starting to think it's a glitch

Yes, <3 Wolf's rain :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.