• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A few silly questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I've run into a number of (seemingly) easily-solvable problems with the campaign editor, but cannot seem to remedy them. These are:

First, I have a unit that, whenever the mouse pointer is anywhere near it, its name and level appear above its head. The radius for this to happen is about 2 inches around the actual unit, so my allies are often attacking the unit by mistake. I've adjusted both the collision size and selection size, but these changes don't fix the problem.

Second, when the game rolls to night, the sight radius around my hero shrinks from 1000 to 500 (as it should). However, when daytime returns, the radius fails to revert back to 1000. In fact, I've tried changing the unit visibility to 1000 for both day AND night (and even added ultravision), but this sight radius shrinks at night regardless. Is there some hidden setting I'm not aware of?

Last, is there a setting I can change (or any other way) to disable the "shadowy" areas appearing behind buildings and trees that conceal enemy units?

Thank you for the help, guys!

Level 3
First question:

Allies as in computers or other playable characters? Becuase if its computers than they are oviously not allies since they are attacking you so maybe you have a problem there?

Second Question:
You really shouldn't be encountering an error here changing the day/night vision is as easy as what you did (simply changing the numbers) are you sure that its not returning to the original vision.... or are you just thinking its not returning to the original vision? (you dont really need ultra vision unless you want it as part of your game)

I mean the only thing i can think of is the visibilty change rate in gameplay constants.. but if you havn't touched anything else that should be fine....

Final Question:

Shadowy as in fog of war? Or just the shadows of a unit?

To disable fog of war for a small area you can set up a region and use a visibility trigger for that specific region.

As for shadows of units you can just go into the object editor and change the shadow settings in the art section of the unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.