• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Give a unit sight radius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Is it possible to have a unit with 0 sight radius at day and night and give it, say, 100 sight radius at day and night?

I basically want certain dummies to have a small vision radius for when they are placed too far from the cast to see. I could make extra dummies with some vision, but I am wondering if there is another way.

Level 8
As Warseeker has said, you could use the Goblin Night Scope ability to add the vision to the dummies.

Alternatively, you could use triggers to create visibility modifiers. It would save you the trouble of having to set the sight radius of each of your dummy units and allow you to specify the radius to your particular needs.

Level 12
I'll give the night scope ability a try again. I tried it a couple weeks ago and it didn't seem to work, but maybe I messed something up.

Some of the dummies move, so I don't want to play with visibility modifiers. I'd need to set up some kind of system to have the visibility follow them.

I really don't have that many different dummies, I just don't want to duplicate the 3 or 4 that I have to add vision if I can do it in a more clean way.

Though, I am now starting to wonder if I ever actually need the dummies to not have vision lol. I'll have to think on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.