• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sight Radius Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Hi everyone, I don't know if I'm going crazy (it's not impossible) but now all of a sudden all units loaded from cache have sight radius (day - 1800) permanently, no matter if it's night or if I change the value manually, any unit loaded from any cache appears to me like this no matter what. I got so mad that I deleted the game and reinstalled it, but still the same... This happened suddenly, I wasn't even editing, I was playing and suddenly in a map where it was night the sight radius of the charged unit was like this and there is no way to change it.

If anyone has an explanation or solution for this I would greatly appreciate it.

Game version - 1.31.1

Level 21
I vaguely remember game caches behaving strangely since a recent version.
Then i read
Which got me into

If you check Warseeker transition.w3n test (from link 3) and set all maps to night time, then sadly yes, the paladin uses his 1800 sight range on all the maps.
Unit - Set Unit: (Last restored unit)'s Real Field: Sight Radius ('usir') to Value: 800.00
^ does not fix the issue (many new natives aren't working anymore if they ever have)

I fear this is another "little" bug, that probably didn't exist in 1.29, because i played Frostwhisper's Troll campaign with that version.

Level 23
I vaguely remember game caches behaving strangely since a recent version.
Then i read
Which got me into

If you check Warseeker transition.w3n test (from link 3) and set all maps to night time, then sadly yes, the paladin uses his 1800 sight range on all the maps.
Unit - Set Unit: (Last restored unit)'s Real Field: Sight Radius ('usir') to Value: 800.00
^ does not fix the issue (many new natives aren't working anymore if they ever have)

I fear this is another "little" bug, that probably didn't exist in 1.29, because i played Frostwhisper's Troll campaign with that version.
This is amazing, I updated to 1.35 and the same thing is still happening :xxd: Nothing, this is a sign from the universe, it's time to turn the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.