• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

It's a bloody tank!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Well, hello there!
Remember those two gravtanks me and Mechanical Man made? Well, we decided to make another tank shortly after... unluckily we delayed it A LOT but, nonetheless, we've kept working on it.
Still not finished, requires some mesh finalizing and animations, but here it is:

The Imperial Guard Leman Russ!
attachment.php

m1252738_99120105011_IGLemanRussmain_445x319.jpg

Old Mechanical Man's Leman Russ

A teamcolor skin will be avaiable shortly after release (which will hopefully be soon).
Comments and constructive critics are welcome! =D

Attachments

• LEMANRUSS.jpg
    LEMANRUSS.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 681
Level 12
Hmm, the texture is great, the pipes are well made on the back, the size of the tank is good.
For the first i noticed 2 things, other is my oppinion and the other is either me or just a mistake or for a reason:
1: I think the side gun pipes should be abit longer (i might be wrong since i havent seen anything about WH40K in ages)

2: I noticed a minor thing in the picture, the one on left down: should the guns pipe on the left side to be like that, i mean, like being over the side of the area?

Meh, i put more things here what i like in it:
1: The main gun is absolutely amazing, really well made and just the right size of a real Leman Russ.
2: It is pretty well detailed overall, the light on the front, the 'dirt' looking pieces on the texture/skin, The side guns and so on.
3: It was a good thing you noticed to add the 'skull' in the boxy area next to the pipes in the rear, might not be easy to be seen ingame later when it is finished, but it is great nevertheless.

Overall: Great texturing, Well made, very well detailed.
For now i would rate it a 4/5 (dont ask about the rating, im used to rate everything :p)

Level 10
1: I think the side gun pipes should be abit longer (i might be wrong since i havent seen anything about WH40K in ages)

2: I noticed a minor thing in the picture, the one on left down: should the guns pipe on the left side to be like that, i mean, like being over the side of the area?

1- Perhaps a little bit but I find it good enough as it is now.

2- Yep, we got to fix that.

And thanks everyone for the comments! =D

Level 22
have it so the edges are a bit worn and the paint has worn off and you can see the metal underneath. leman russes are one of the oldest battle tanks of the imperium, so its best if they look that way. it actually looks really nice, although i feel it should be elevated higher. it seems to hug the ground too much at the moment, but that might just be me.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Or maby a nuke on the back with lazerz, and a gnome cannon (Jk lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.