• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warhammer 40k models-pyramidhe@d

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahhhhhhhh is it just ultramarines? cause i just abhor ultramarines. maybe you could do an Emperors Champion >.> or maybe some space marine vehicles... or drop pods...
Edit: Yah, the helmet of dragoons models are kinda screwed up, but for right now they could pass, but theyll need some polishing, and can you get me a picture of the bolter in the screenshots? cause i think theyre all holding meltas... or are those bolters?

About the helm I know. I'm uploading some videos of my models (from the earlier version to the latest).
And i've some trouble with bolter and melta. They almost look the same ! we need to come closer to see the difference
Family
Melta is in the front middle, the bolter is right on the right.

Edit: Yeah, i'm kinda parasiting the pyramidhe@d post. i'll do mine soon

Level 15
Burning, ANIMATE AND RELEASE THY MODELS, LEST YOU BURN IN HELL! (sarcasm)

AND YOU, PyramidHe@d, FINISH YOURS AND RELEASE THEM TOO, LEST YOU BURN IN HELL ALONGSIDE BURNING_DRAGOON! (sarcasm)

Level 13
I too, would like to see both sets of models grace our glorious model downloads page.

But Pyramidhe@d is not done, and dragoon wont release his models for some unknown reason. Plus, both have lives outside of the PC, as (i would hope) we all do, and so simply saying -even sarcastically- to release they're models in a timely fashion would be unwise.

i did say before that i use way too many geosets.
yes i know. its just that i am retarded and none of my models are in one single geoset.
<<<that thing right there has a geoset for arm, the other arm, body, head, club and shield. its just the way i animate.

...please dont kill me...

i am not making any different models until i know i can do it properly so dont worry.

yes indeed ultramarines are awesome. just by looking at them, you can tell they are going to kick some major tyranid ass.

dont worry about the flag Ghost765. i wasnt going to say this until i was sure of it, but once i make the space marine model, i was going to make it fully customisable.
i am talking about, not just the teamcolour but the trim, the eye colour, the chapter insignia and banner, all able to be changed on the modeleditor.
yes. i got big plans for this model. i just hope i could make it well

Edit: i made (or tried making) just the space marine helmet. its more diffecult than i thought. and it is becoming increaingly obvious that by the way i was making the model, would make the whole model a polygon count of near 5000.
looks like my big stupid plan is way too big for anybody's good

so i just decided to leave the space marine for now and do something with less polygon, like a dreadnought.

Last edited:
Level 15
PyramidHe@d, you put too much work into model detail. Remember, we aren't going to see the fingers up close ingame, therefore, less detail is required there. The point I'm trying to make is this: lose some of the detail on the model, then add back detail with a decent texture. Take Dragoon's models, for example. They have NO fingers. The most detailed part looks like the guns, but even they have low polygons. Think about it.

I would like to see guardsmen too (so massive_attack is not alone :p).

nooo!!! that makes it even worse. thats two people i cheated so far.

and about the polygons, yeah i know. the too much polygon problem way due to me not knowing how to do texture wraping. the skulled wing on the space marine,for example, is taking aabout 20 polygons i think when it could all be done by a texture. same problem with the hand, as you mentioned.

Level 13
this is pointless. He has made SM, so its only natural at least some elements of the IG are to follow, yes ?

Oh, and a CSM would be good too, base it off your SM model and just add horns and other chaos bits.

Level 22
No no no, what we need are cannon fodder (Guardsmen/Cultist) that i could use in my AoS, and of course, some Grey knight terminators...
there could be an Imperium without SM, they would just draft billions more regiments.
We need Inquisition, but we also need some Disorder guys, maybe a few Tau infantry, Eldar maybe...

Level 22
hes taking a break right now, doing homework.Well heres a priority list from what i see:
1.Guardsmen
2.Orks (although i personally hate orks, the people want them)
3.Chaos
4.Other Imperials
5.Inquisition
6.Necron
7.Tyranid
8.Eldar/Dark Eldar

You guys think a Dark Templar from SC would make a nice Rogue tau with energy blades? after all they do look a bit similar...

Level 35
For goodness sakes, Eldar hatred is incredibly stupid. They are not gay in the least.

Sure I don't like them very much (they are not my favourite kind of elf) But surely enough "ELDAR ARE GAY!!!!lolol!111oneone!!!!111" is incredibly stupid and unfounded ignorance.

If you cant prove it, then shut up.

Eldar should be made 3rd, because Eldar are one of the base races.

Orkz, SM, Eldar. Then the rest of the races.

Level 15
They are a terrible race and I'll tell you why: There are NO STRATEGIES WHAT-SO-EVER for them. Space Marines, they are like Protoss: Fewer units, better units. Eldar are weak. Orks are not only strong in melee combat, but also can swarm the opposition quickly with their many numbers. Eldar suck at melee, and cannot swarm. The Imperial Guard is DEFINITELY a race meant to throw lots of men at you. Eldar, still cannot. The Daemon Hunters of the Inquisition are INCREDIBLY powerful and have magical abilities. Eldar are weak, and even with magic, they suck. The Ordo Hereticus (Chaos) has great EVERYTHING, with powerful-at-melee Khorne Bezerkers, to powerful ranged troops such as the Thousand Sons and Chaos Space Marines, MANY swarming Daemon troops, and INCREDIBLY STRONG giant Daemons, such as the Daemon Prince, and that huge Khorne Daemon (forgot the name at the moment). Eldar only have ONE. Their Avatar thing... whatever it's called.

You mean there is no MEATWALL without guardsmen. There is no Imperium without the Adeptus Astartes.

Imperial guard has also Kasrkin and Ogryn regiments, who are much stronger than ordinary guardsmen. Then you have vehicles, which you must agree, that are better than those by Marine corps. And Space marines are just a special forces for the Imperium, where the conditions are too hostile for common humans. And they are too few in numbers to control large areas.

Level 35
Ever consider that they have no strategies because you have no ability to play them?

Eldar have: Highly specialized units and loads of strategies from rushes to waiting out and having a massive attack in the later tier. (DOW) And many features that give them an edge in combat against all races depending on how you play them.

A noob cannot play the eldar, you have to be an experienced and brilliant strategist to play them.

There are NO STRATEGIES WHAT-SO-EVER for them. Space Marines, they are like Protoss: Fewer units, better units. Eldar are weak.

Wrong.

Eldar are weak. Orks are not only strong in melee combat, but also can swarm the opposition quickly with their many numbers.

A brain dead vegetable could play as the orks, especially with those kinds of stregnths.

Eldar suck at melee, and cannot swarm.

The focus of the Eldar is not to swarm in the first place. Their purpose is mobility and rushing and then backing off, cutting at the enemy and weakening them with specialized units until the stonger units can break them.

The Imperial Guard is DEFINITELY a race meant to throw lots of men at you. Eldar, still cannot.

Again, not meant to...Eldar are specialized to handle every task with a different type of unit, efficiently and effectively.

The Daemon Hunters of the Inquisition are INCREDIBLY powerful and have magical abilities. Eldar are weak, and even with magic, they suck.

Psychic abilities actually, and the Eldar have some of the most powerful abilities in the game. Again you probably have no idea how to use them properly.

The Ordo Hereticus (Chaos) has great EVERYTHING, with powerful-at-melee Khorne Bezerkers, to powerful ranged troops such as the Thousand Sons and Chaos Space Marines, MANY swarming Daemon troops, and INCREDIBLY STRONG giant Daemons, such as the Daemon Prince, and that huge Khorne Daemon (forgot the name at the moment). Eldar only have ONE. Their Avatar thing... whatever it's called.

Of course, another chaos fan boy...

The Chaos marines are all different depending on how you play them anyway, and are meant to be uber powerful. Chaos is probably one of the easier races to play anyway because of their powerful nature...I dont play them often enough, but I am quite sure that they are no challenge at all to play as.

Eldar on the other hand, are powerful only in the hands of those who deserve it. Noobs cant play them and the Avatar of Kaine is an incredible force to behold.

Level 15
Ever consider that they have no strategies because you have no ability to play them?
I have the smarts for strategy. I played Age of Empires I when I was in diapers. And guess what? I ALWAYS outsmarted the enemy. The reason I don't play them is because they are weak.

Eldar have: Highly specialized units and loads of strategies from rushes to waiting out and having a massive attack in the later tier. (DOW) And many features that give them an edge in combat against all races depending on how you play them.
Dawn of War Eldar are even gayer. They remind me of Night Elfs, absolutely NO male units except for one overlord with leather straps and a whip. If you think they are so "strong and mighty", go buy a box of them from a Games Workshop store. When you finish assembling your army of women-only soldiers (as well as painting them), engage in a skirmish with some one. A troop of his men against a troop of your wussies with guns.

A noob cannot play the eldar, you have to be an experienced and brilliant strategist to play them.
As I have said before, I played strategy games all my life. I won EVERY Warhammer 40,000 battle I've fought. I've even won the fight to the death with my friend's Necrons (I was the Imperial Guard, since I'm still fixing my Space Marine squad). My Sergeant's power fist obliderated them. And there was terrain as well. Trees and other forms of cover.

A brain dead vegetable could play as the orks, especially with those kinds of stregnths.
Pit an army of Orks against an army of Space Marines in table-top. Orks do have many strengths, but even though their melee rivals that of the Space Marines, they have a lower chance of piercing through the Space Marine's power armour. Your puny little Space Elfs have WEAK armor, making them easy prey for the Ork's melee ability.

The focus of the Eldar is not to swarm in the first place. Their purpose is mobility and rushing and then backing off, cutting at the enemy and weakening them with specialized units until the stonger units can break them.
Again, you HAVE no strong units.

Again, not meant to...Eldar are specialized to handle a special task with a different type of unit, efficiently and effectively.
Just like Elfs, weak and pathetic. Physique and tactics is better then specialization and tactics. Every infantry unit is basically a mockery and could be easily put to rest by the bigger races.

Psychic abilities actually, and the Eldar have some of the most powerful abilities in the game. Again you probably have no idea how to use them properly.
Note: I DON'T USE THEM TO BEGIN WITH. Infact, I wouldn't know how "strong" you say they are on tabletop since I generally NEVER SEEN ANYONE WITH THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Of course, another chaos fan boy...
Not just a fan of the Ordo Hereticus, but also the Adeptus Astartes and the Orkish WAAAGH!!!.

The Chaos marines are all different depending on how you play them anyway, and are meant to be uber powerful. Chaos is probably one of the easier races to play anyway because of their powerful nature...I dont play them often enough, but I am quite sure that they are no challenge at all to play as.
Then explain how my Ordo Hereticus got crushed by Tyranids? Like you said, the Chaos are the easiest race to play! And I don't mean Dawn of War. Dawn of War is easy, and I play hardcore mega-battles at my nearby Games Workshop store... everyone I see DOESN'T EVEN USE ELDAR! It's usually either Orks, the Xenomorphs (Tyranids), the Ordo Hereticus, or the Adeptus Astartes.

Eldar on the other hand, are powerful only in the hands of those who deserve it. Noobs cant play them and the Avatar of Kaine is an incredible force to behold.
Only for you, because he's the only REALLY strong unit.

Level 35
I have the smarts for strategy. I played Age of Empires I when I was in diapers. And guess what? I ALWAYS outsmarted the enemy. The reason I don't play them is because they are weak.

Yeah blame the units...

As I have said before, I played strategy games all my life. I won EVERY Warhammer 40,000 battle I've fought. I've even won the fight to the death with my friend's Necrons (I was the Imperial Guard, since I'm still fixing my Space Marine squad). My Sergeant's power fist obliderated them. And there was terrain as well. Trees and other forms of cover.

A bit haughty aren't we? Was your friend a sucky strategist?

Dawn of War Eldar are even gayer. They remind me of Night Elfs, absolutely NO male units except for one overlord with leather straps and a whip. If you think they are so "strong and mighty", go buy a box of them from a Games Workshop store. When you finish assembling your army of women-only soldiers (as well as painting them), engage in a skirmish with some one. A troop of his men against a troop of your wussies with guns.

Male Units- Guardian, Bone Singer, Avatar, Reapers, Rangers, Falcon pilots, Warp Spiders...the irony that you cant get past a higher pitched voice and have to stoop to stereotypical elf hating. And I have not seen any Eldar model with a whip...I think you are seeing things.

Pit an army of Orks against an army of Space Marines in table-top. Orks do have many strengths, but even though their melee rivals that of the Space Marines, they have a lower chance of piercing through the Space Marine's power armour. Your puny little Space Elfs have WEAK armor, making them easy prey for the Ork's melee ability.

Thats why we hold you off with some banshees while picking you off with long range firepower.

Again, you HAVE no strong units.

Farseer, Reaper, Swooping Hawks, Avatar....I think we have quite a few strong units.

Just like Elfs, weak and pathetic. Physique and tactics is better then specialization and tactics. Every infantry unit is basically a mockery and could be easily put to rest by the bigger races.

Yawn, again stooping to elf bashing...

Then explain how my Ordo Hereticus got crushed by Tyranids? Like you said, the Chaos are the easiest race to play! And I don't mean Dawn of War. Dawn of War is easy, and I play hardcore mega-battles at my nearby Games Workshop store... everyone I see DOESN'T EVEN USE ELDAR! It's usually either Orks, the Xenomorphs (Tyranids), the Ordo Hereticus, or the Adeptus Astartes.

Who ever you were playing against was better than you were or atleast lucky. (at least at the time)

Level 22
Fanboy Rage...
BTW, Ordo Hereticus is Witch Hunters...
Ok, I personally need Eldar more than Orks right now for my AoS (the theme is Disorder vs Order) and i want to get Order done first, so I can balance Disorder units to Order units. Already got my Marine hero done with Pyramids Space Marine Model, just need to add a couple more custom spells.
Eldar are really basically hit and run wait no thats tau...

Space Marines-Hit em Long Range and then Rush in Strategic Thinking required since SMs have low numbers

Daemon Hunters-Keep GK in power armor in the back and use true grit during Assault and just shoot, dont charge, and Mass Deep Strike Gk Termies into enemy lines while Gks in power armor kill them from afar Incredible Strategic thinking required since DH has like the lowest number of units, but they are incredibly powerful

Imperial Guardsmen-Mass Guardsmen, and use them as human shields against your stronger units like Ogryns and Tanks Just know how to keep your Guardsmen from going into Assautl

Orks-Paint your vehicles Red so they go faster (an actual rule) and just swarm. Not much strategic thinking

Necrons-USE RANGE. necrons suck at assaulting i believe.... not much strategic thinking, just keep them in line and retreat when you have to

Tyranids-Orks but not as many guns, just swarm and use your zoanthropes very wisely, not much strategic thinking, just make sure your Carnifexes and Zoanthropes stay alive

Tau-Hit and Run. RUn. Run. Requires some level of thinking, using your range wisely, while also using your kroot mercs to engage at the front

Ill post something bout eldar later...gotta go right now

wow. getting heated up. i dont like elder cos i cant draw them interestingly thats all. i think they are pretty decent. basic eldar guardian is much much better than bloody cultists and cadian shk troopers for sure in my opinion. those guys are good for nothing except getting in other people's way. and i love the wraithlords. looks cool as.

oh and by the way, its okay for you to guys to have a decent discussion. i dont really mind. i dont think this website has a warhammer discussion thread.
but dont turn it into flamefest(i think thats what it is called) and get the thread closed or something.

i am not gonna do any modelling this week due to my busy school life. i will check in regularly though.

Level 13
Uh.... Guys... nobody cares what you may think about eldar. the fact is they exist in the warhammer universe, and therefore should have models. Whether you choose to use them or not is another story.

I, personally, don't mind the eldar. I think they're units take alot of skill and finesse to use (in TT and in DoW) and thus -as im a laid-back gamer- generally don't use them. My opinion on this discussion is one of a disappointed member of the human race. The fact that we are having such a heated discussion about a fictional race in a fictional game universe designed for the pure enjoyment of its players. It just seems so strange to me that we have managed to so totally derail this thread and go on for... how long is it.. a page ?

...and while the creator allows it, really, you should know better. Especially you elenai, really, cant you just accept some idiots opinion and carry on instead of... this ?

Please, lets all just get back to the subject at hand. Let this post be the end of it.

Edit: oh and pyramid, the word your looking for is "flame-war" what we are seeing right now is a developing conflict, sort of like a "flame skirmish" if you will. Thats why I've tried to douse the flames with this post.

DKG

DKG

Level 3
Elenai, the nerzhul guy is a moron. End of discussion.

Also these models are shaping up pretty neat, I've always wanted to see 40k in WC :D

Level 15
I'm not a moron, I simply posted my opinions about Eldar, which conflicted with Elenai's, and we had a decent argument. You have no reason to call me a moron, let alone ANYTHING... Massive_Attack, however, has a little idea of what's going on, and even though being called an "idiot" for my opinion is improper, he's right. Arguments DO tend to end in flamewars, so let us end on this note: I DO NOT LIKE Eldar. My reasons are above- so don't ask why, or don't give me any retorts about being a terrible tactician. In fact, the game I'm not THAT particularly great in (WoW, which I re-installed) I do well in BECAUSE of my strategic ability. I could take on an onslaught of Alliance warriors with my own group of Horde warriors because I know the strengths and weaknesses of my enemy, due to being a fluent player on both sides. I know various "sayings" about war, such as "if your attack is going good, then your walking into an ambush" and "the best offense is a great defense". So please don't judge without knowledge. Sure, I have little knowledge of the Eldar, which is why many of my statements are probably FALSE. But the much that I DO know (or just believe) lead me to not like Eldar.

Level 11
Nice models... I am makeing a map with these models and a few others, and i will gladly add your name to my "Thanks." Keep up the good work and be sure to look for my map.
....We shall keep in contact....
-GeazerGimli2

Level 11
Woo 40k on WC3

Hey,

Im liking what you have done right now with the weapons, models (or skins). I just have one question for you what program you used to make models? Cause I wanted to create Tau models (user name says it all :xxd: ). And It would help you out cause well I like the Tau and I know ALOT of Tau stuff and you will have to do less models for peoples who keep requesting you to do it.

Last edited:
Level 15
Unfortunately for all of us, this is not the right thread to ask that question, regardless of your 'want' to make Warhammer models... delete your post before I bring you before a higher authority.

Level 8
WRONG! they have males, DOW just decided to suck crotch when making their voices.

And I)deadnerzhul...mabye they are terrible, because you suck at playing them.

Eldar require finess, and cleverness...orks just bash someones head in, a three day old monkey with a brain hemorage could play them and win.
110% agree
Eldar are very nice once you get the hang of them, they p00n

Level 1
your models are so nice, pyramidhe@d!
add custom textures to the chaplain and the dreadnought!

...and where can i download the models of burning dragoon?

Level 8
How about try creating a Possesed Space Marine form the Emperor's Children?

WRONG! they have males, DOW just decided to suck crotch when making their voices.

And I)deadnerzhul...mabye they are terrible, because you suck at playing them.

Eldar require finess, and cleverness...orks just bash someones head in, a three day old monkey with a brain hemorage could play them and win.

Don't be daft everybody, any idiot could play any race. Actually, Orks need slightly more skill to play then Eldar. The Orks may look stupid but the players require skill to play them well.
Well, the best players are all Orks, I seldom see Eldar players, compared to those of Orks.

110% agree
Eldar are very nice once you get the hang of them, they p00n

Yes the Eldar are great, only in late game, bear that in mind. Not many professional players on novices could do such a thing.

This is NOT a thread about the Eredar, nor any WarCraft III race. This is about Pyramid's Warhamm 40k models, so can we please just let that discussion drop?

Well, hope they stop it. I hope I am not dragged in but in an unlikely event though.

Imperial guard has also Kasrkin and Ogryn regiments, who are much stronger than ordinary guardsmen. Then you have vehicles, which you must agree, that are better than those by Marine corps. And Space marines are just a special forces for the Imperium, where the conditions are too hostile for common humans. And they are too few in numbers to control large areas.

Well Mech Man, without Guardsmen, you can't have Karsrkins. They graduate form them. Ogryns? Those retards needs are leaders to guide them through. Nevertheless, I quite agree with you. Hey! Tell you what, no humans, no Guardsmen, no Space Marines, no Imperium.

Praise the Necrons anybody?

Last edited:
Level 15
I'm quite finished with our little disagreement... anyways, I like the Imperial Guard. The first regiment I've ever bought (other than the 'for beginners' Battle for Macraage) was an Imperial Guardsmen regiment. I painted those bad boys up with a black/gray color scheme, then rightly named them Hawks Platoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.