• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is there another Warcraft 3 expantion coming up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Does anyone have any word or think there is another Warcraft 3 expantion coming up?

I personally another expantion'd be great. Maybe one that would allow introduce something... like the Gnome problems, or a hovering continent freed from the icy mountains of the Northend by the over heated first and second arrivial of the Legion, or a expanding on lesser influenced races expantion.

Do you think they'll make another expantion?

(I'm just thow'n ideas out there)

Level 22
Blizzard has never released more the one expansion for any of their games, so its unlikely they'll start now...althought it would be nice if they did :wink:
But you can always count on their support for their existing games. I mean, starcraft is how old now and they are still patching it?? (although it seems like they are only patching now to invalidate .ums maps)
-VGsatomi

Level 12
Don't get angry at me, but I have a feeling they won't release an expansion or another sequel. From the story I can only think that there are too many aspects to cover and that the story get a bit too complex. So no, from now on Blizzard will focus more on WoW (or perhaps another Diablo and Starcraft).

Level 4
Well the player made campaigns and what not are cool but not enough of them are prefect.

Personally Blizzard should have off some more folk, or should hurry with the second part of that Orgrimmar campaign, or a dwarf/gnome side of the Scourge (keeping them back), or just the fall of Gnomeregan which (if anyone can make a gnome model right) would have to have horabily-cool apocalypic machines of pass-destruction and be a fight like theres no tomorrow.

I guess as long as there is something to look forward to. Need more Blizzard heros and units.

Level 11
the second part of that Orgrimmar campaign

What Orgrimmar campaign? You don't mean Blizzard's Orc campaign do you? That was completed a long time ago.

But a Warcraft 4 any time soon is very unlikely. They'll probably just focus on WoW and their other games for a while.

Level 2
I think next will be Starcraft 2 coz they wouldn't do another Warcraft and a Diablo 3 would split people when it comes to RPG's (i would assume Diablo 3would be a free alternative). Anyway wouldn't another expansion technically destroy the Alliance and the Scourge? Because it would suggest time has moved on and that mean the Blood Elves would be long gone and not part of the Alliance leaving them a Hero and 4 units short. And the Scourge without Dreadlord's?

Status
Not open for further replies.