• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is the Wc3 modding community still alive in 2013 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't dying at all, people will leave... then the ones who really did like the game will return once in a while therefore this thread shouldn't be in this section. As well Wc3 will never die, if you want more players I hear RoC and un-official servers have quite a few. It is the same story with Sony's EQ. Games that have made history and were the best will always stay.

Level 19
Meh. I just use the WE as a form of a creative medium anyway, so it's life doesn't matter to me. Trying to learn OpenGL so I don't have to play with this piece of shit anymore :p

the hive will dont die since we can add other games to mod. We were talking about the wc3 dying not the hive.

Yes, sorry for that. Forget what I've said, I've not read correctly :)

Can WC3 itself be "dead"? Instead of discussing about that you could be more creative and active by yourself in here, for example.

Only us folks can decide how active WC3-modding is. So don't keep back in activity until you see something cool here.. instead, just create something cool be yourself.

And you also can follow other sites like EpicWar to see more new WC3-maps.

Last edited:
Level 4
IMO until blizzard really improves SC2 custom map making WC3 will be around.
Wc3 Map Making > Sc2 Map Making

1. Wc3 modeling is easier
  2. Wc3 mapping/terraining is generally easier
  3. Wc3 triggering is generally easier
  4. Wc3 is generally easier on the eyes and looks fun
  5. Wc3 already has a powerful hero/stat system built in (High potential for Hero based games)
  6. Wc3 is a classic game

back in the day Starcraft 1 was the game to make maps for, then blizzard developed the world editor. when starcraft map editor is up to par, wc3 will probably slide into the forgotten custom game depository.

Level 15
Well there needs to be some advertisement for warcraft 3 custom gaming, otherwise you'll run out of new blood no matter what, and eventually the veterans will retire or die out so to speak.

With all these great projects, I'm sure there's something for everyone that they'd enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.