• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is melee map dying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Just like Ken-E said, melee maps are not dying, just unpopular. We're not the only ones that play melee maps, there are still a few of them in the unknown and perhaps they don't know hiveworkshop, yet still play them. So, overall we're not the only ones playing, there maybe some more few people in the world that play and just doesn't know hive yet. Just my opinion.

Level 15
Yes, i agree with the others, melee maps are not dying, bot not the exactly most played map type. Unfortunately, lots of people do not like them, because they have to use the melee tech, and they have to wait a bit until all of the buildings and units are finished. so that's why people prefer ORPG or AoS maps, because they just have to control only one hero.
I really like melee maps, and they are better than DoTa, or AoS maps.
@Dark One There are several terrainers on this site who can terrain your map. :) You should ask them, and post the requested map to the forums.

Level 60
I haven't really played much melee lately because I'm too busy with school stuff and making new maps. As for terraining, what I do is take at least one Blizzard map, cut it to pieces and put them together in a different manner. I have also taken some of the campaign maps, particularly the ones involving cities, and modified them to be melee compatible.

Level 30
What do you think of this? Many here on hive keep telling that melee map if not dying... dead.

then they lost there honor of warcraft 3

well depends on the community or the people that play this game, the common reason is the sporting of brand new (highly graphics) games that we don't spot them much on competitive matches by event or in online consoles

some people still play this though(especially us, and other wc3 forums) with friends, scheduled day/time in consoles, or the usual LAN

but its not dying only reducing

In my opinion, melee maps are dying. unlike other maps, melee maps can't improve because when you change any unit data, add triggers, import models, ect, then it isn't classified as a melee map anymore. Melee maps are the same for about... 8 years? The downside of alerted melee maps is that each map works diffirent and usually has bugs or is incomplete. To keep melee maps popular, it must be improved, and if we want's to improve it, all melee maps of that 'melee version' must work the same

Status
Not open for further replies.