• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Campaign Vs Melee!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Why is it that we all like downloading campaigns and not Melee or Altered Melee Maps? or is it just me?
I've found that campaigns can get hundreds of downloads within a few days of first upload, but Melee maps struggle to get as many.
This is probably a bit silly because I think I know why but oh well.

So, tell me what you think! Why are Campaigns more popular than melee maps?

If you disagree prove it, by downloading some new Melee Maps! =)

Level 8
for me it's the story aspect of the campaigns. i love story's i love lore so campaigns are rather more interesting to me.

Level 10
The reason is that any game, no matter how good, gets old without variation after a while. While Blizzard's melee races are the best I have encountered to date, it gets boring playing melee over and over and over... we've been doing it since 2003. So we are done with melee. Campaigns, on the other hand, will often give someone a different play every time they download one, and so they will be much more varied than a melee game. That is the answer.

Level 8
The reason is that any game, no matter how good, gets old without variation after a while.

agree. even the games you thought are the best, when you play the same game over and over, it somehow gets boring. melee always has the same reason for playing, destroying someone's bases and structures, while campaigns tend to add a little spice to the destroying bases and most of the times has conditions other than destruction. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.