• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ion Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
This is probably the most epic scale terrain i've ever done, to the extent that all the stuff on the map made the ground all glitchy and crashed my WE once...
(does the nametag thingy fit btw?)

Enjoy!
EDIT: Added new version

Attachments

• Ion Storm.jpg
    Ion Storm.jpg
    363.2 KB · Views: 1,667
  • Ion Storm 2.jpg
    Ion Storm 2.jpg
    958.4 KB · Views: 1,293
Last edited:
Level 17
Very nicely done.

The only downfall (for me, personally) I seem to have with it is that the trees in the middle may seem a little.. over-populated. Just might be me though.
Aside from that, great work!

Level 36
Extravagantly beautiful terrain. Truely.
- And so exactly to my likings and taste.

There are only minor details that I'd like to see changed. For one, I honestly think you should try out a darker fog, not very much darker, but dark enough so that the darkness of the fog makes the mountains in the background compliment the skies, rather than contrast them. Then, I don't exactly know what, but something about the furthest to the left mountain, the pillar-like one, just doesn't seem right. Possibly that is due to its build, you could try adding some more "flesh" to it, if you get my drift.

Lastly, I'd like to see some more variation in the grassy bit of the center foreground, what exactly I do not know, but just something to fuck up that "repetetive" feel I get when I gaze upon it.

Apart from those small details, I love this terrain ;)

Level 7
The atmosphere and skies that you make are all unbelievable. I'd probably go mad trying to figure out how to make one half as good as yours. Are they made from UTM doodads or ones that you made yourself?

Level 7
I haven't made any models myself, everything is from UTM, hives model section or B2M's high res pack.

Finally figured out that ball's made from one of those planet models...quite creative. How long did it take you to make that sky and background? I think it's the most impressive part of the terrain.

I see what you've done here. :)
Rotated the cloud model for the brown background clouds.
The aurora is made out of nabula models.
A lot of stars which were raised in front of the camera on the ground which is hidden by the invisible tiles! :D
And glows, here and there.
A very neat trick with the clouds, I like it! And I also like how the trees blend :) Good job my man!

Level 13
That explains a lot better the only thing I was wondering was the aurora as Oziris mentioned.

Level 36
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.