• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Holy Shit Balls Its a Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
After like 5 hours this is what I made. I came up with all kinds of cool ideas and none of them worked. Trying to make a terrain below the ground is way too hard.

So this is what you get. I made a handful of different terrains using this white background, but this was my favorite.

I probably won't open the WE again for a while. Gotta let the frustration settle. Maybe another five years again. I may mess around with SC2 a bit. See what kinda abstract stuff can be done there.

Attachments

• Ship.png
    Ship.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 885
Level 51
I really love the impression this one gave me. The white, you know, like an abyss, an empty world, the ship, a lost mind travelling through eternity. An never ending journey to no where. The birds guiding the way, probably out of the paradox cage, proabably guiding directly into hell. A reminder that you're not alone. Even if it seems so. Never give up. There seems to be no end, nothing you can set on. No land, no despair.

Or it could just be a random ship on weird background hunting dead flies.

Level 34
Can you post the map please? I'd like to know how you did the white background.
I don't have it anymore, but I can explain it; it's super easy.

Simply rotate the camera so that you're looking at the bottom of the ground. This will cause the ground to disappear. Then make sure you have no sky selected, and enable sky in the view menu.

You can do some fun stuff with this. You can leave it black by disabling sky and adding clouds and things for cool effect. The problem is trying to move doodads around and lowering them below the ground is a huge pain. Easily 3 times as hard as making something in the sky above the ground.

Why would you post something like this? :|
Because I liked it?

Level 34
Or you can ctrl + t a couple of times for the same effect minus the pointless effort of trying to move things around from below game terrain.
You can hide the terrain you know.
Well.... shit...

I'ma go back to the drawing board. My ideas might work now.

Status
Not open for further replies.