• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DarkIron's Terrains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Ok i made a few terrains and i want to know what you guys think of them and what i can improve on.

Dalaran Terrain: This one i did not really raise or lower the ground considering Dalaran is pretty flat surfaced.

Foggy Terrain: This one i was going for a ambush on a duskwood highway.

Sunken Ruin Terrain: This one is my favorite so far.

Attachments

• Sunken Ruins terrian.JPG
    Sunken Ruins terrian.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 268
  • A foggy Night Terrain.JPG
    A foggy Night Terrain.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 294
  • Dalaran Terrain.JPG
    Dalaran Terrain.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 236
Level 14
On the 1st, at the gate, use he raise tool and then the plateau (did I spell right?) tool insteed of blizzard cliffs

On the 2nd, yup, the fog

On the 3rd, see if you can add something more to it, it's nothing to see there.

The 1st was the best I think

Level 8
Well, they are not good, but of course not bad either.

1st one:
You should remove the rain, as it is not a rainforest but an island (i think :D)
You also should add some green fog, that will make it look more exotic.

2nd one:
As everyone said you should remove some of the fog at the hill of the mountain.

3nd one:
Me, I don't know what to say, but I don't really like it. You should avoid those selection circles at all costs. You must at very little fog at the end, all terrains look better with fog. Also the textures of the units aren't very good, so showing them close isn't a very good idea. Also the Shield Field thing makes it look too crowded.

I would like you to improve them. Then I can see the difference between the old and new versions.

Level 16
The first one is really like a old fort the mages are in so i used the walls instead of just raising the land and mostly i only like the first the other i have to say suck.

Level 16
-Bump-

Any way after messing with that UTM i did not really like it i might use it later on in terraining but i have picked up a few things so far. Mostly right now i am making things for 2 down on there luck Milita Bob and Dave there just little funnies hoping on getting speical models for them.

Attachments

• Ah crap!.JPG
    Ah crap!.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 119
  • Crap.JPG
    Crap.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 98
Status
Not open for further replies.