• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Hi all.

I want to create an epic AoS map. And I'm tired of the default wc3 terrains so I want to import new ones. Problem is, I'm having a hard time finding terrain on the hive. I've been looking for half an hour around in the skin section, but I only found one.

Can someone suggest terrain packs? Best would be something that changes the entire terrain? I would like an Ashenvale or Sunken Ruins terrain pack if it exists. If not, link me some good terrains you know or have used.

Level 14
Have you seen the Ultimate Terraining Map 4.0? Link

Unless you are wanting a completely finished terrain template, then you might want to look through the map section.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Have you seen the Ultimate Terraining Map 4.0? Link

Unless you are wanting a completely finished terrain template, then you might want to look through the map section.

Nice. But from the description, this is a high poly count models and stuff.
I'm not sure I can make a multiplayer map from this.
Still, ty for the link. +rep

Please start here. Happy searching :)

But these are just maps? What am I looking for here?

It depends on what you're going to make... anime ? or dungeon-like ?

I am making an Aeon of Strife kind of map. And its gonna be an open with forests and stuff. So no dungeon like and not like an anime either.

I heard for hd terrain some people use ubersplats, you might want to search for that also.

Thanks I will search for that.

Level 14
Nice. But from the description, this is a high poly count models and stuff.
I'm not sure I can make a multiplayer map from this.
Still, ty for the link.

Ya there are a lot of real texture and high poly models, but there should also be a lot of lower poly models that you can export. I believe some of the earlier versions have more of the low poly stuff you may want to use.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Ya there are a lot of real texture and high poly models, but there should also be a lot of lower poly models that you can export. I believe some of the earlier versions have more of the low poly stuff you may want to use.

I will give a try thanks

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Status
Not open for further replies.