• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Hi there!

I need your help. I'm creating a campaign called "The Chosen Ones". I have already released some alpha versions of it. Current one is alpha version 1.5 which can be found in here. Today I have been making chapter 7 but I got a little problem right now with terrain. Maybe you can help me?

Like you see, I have imported three pictures of the place I'm currently working. I must make this entrance "mighty" or "glorious".

Soooooo... like you see it's now little empty. How should I make it "mighty" or "glorious"? You maybe have some nice ideas? Or maybe awesome models to this place? Any suggestions are welcome and I will give reputation for those who give nice suggestions!

Don't judge this terrain, give some ideas. This is far from finished.

Attachments

• CaCa 1.JPG
    CaCa 1.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 141
  • CaCa 2.JPG
    CaCa 2.JPG
    116.4 KB · Views: 143
  • CaCa 3.JPG
    CaCa 3.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 151
Level 8
Columns and banners, lots and lots of columns and banners. Use the banners from the cityscape tileset, the blue ones and the white ones. Line the sides of the main road with them and go for an epic verticle scale. Use the Lantern Post doodad from the village tileset to make some hanging lights by putting them inside columns so only the horizontal bar and the light are showing. All these things give a royal, expensive feeling in my opinion. You could try checking out some pictures of the interiors of gothic cathedrals, they have those awesome long, tall, highly decorative aisles. Hope I gave you some inspiration :D

Level 34
HermanTheGibbon, nice to see you around! Welcome back.

I would take his advice. Just throw stuff down. Buildings, arches, columns, flags, ect. Take a look at HappyTaurens city.

Level 8
I will try and throw a quick example of what I'm talking about together when I got some free time :wink: I wouldn't put the columns so close together as HappyTauren does though. Although it is a nice effect in the context he uses it, you want to create an 'epic' feel, so make them big and space them far away from each other, which will add to the epic scale and feel of things. Having them close together makes for a cramped impression which I'm guessing you don't want :thumbs_down:

Status
Not open for further replies.