• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Any More Ideas Please...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh hell , i have no more ideas/concepts to make terrains
Can you suggest some or can you make a concept art for me?

My terrains results to awesomeness everytime you-people give a great suggestion. So thank you for that. :)

~~~
I found this in my old folder , its a Tech-Taj Mahal
This terrain is older than my TP5 Terrain. I mean , this is actually suppose to be my second terrain this year , but it is dropped in about 7 months. So i want to revive this , can someone give suggestions?opinions? ;)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Taj Mahal - TechMod.png
    Taj Mahal - TechMod.png
    736.5 KB · Views: 602
Last edited:

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
ZOffset the camera a bit and give the ground texture/variation a little bit of love.

For snowy landscapes I like tiny sparse spots of dirt/grass with some signs of vegetation, like shrubs, dead trees or pines.

The lead motive needs a bit of work too, more dimensions to it, right now it kinda looks flat like a giant postcard.

Level 16
Well I chose the Taj Mahal It's obviously your best bet, I don't know about the other one but if you can make something out of that you deserve rep.
I would start by looking at the real Taj Mahal, making that road path and the surroundings semms important. Just look at the picture and ask what is making the Taj Mahal seem so grand. After this step you can start getting crazy!

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Concepts you say? Flipping over the camera and doing something like Bioshock Infinite? :D. Or maybe an Asian terrain. #MoreJapanInWarcraft :p. Toby has some damn awesome japanese stuff + Killst4r's panda buildings can be combinded in a fun way.

Concepts you say? Flipping over the camera and doing something like Bioshock Infinite? :D. Or maybe an Asian terrain. #MoreJapanInWarcraft :p. Toby has some damn awesome japanese stuff + Killst4r's panda buildings can be combinded in a fun way.

GoodIdea (σ`▽´)-σ

Icarus01.jpg

640px-JTdvIv95MhCEV.jpeg

640px-Comstock_Police_Force.jpg

~~~

Okay, seems that theres another terrain contest opened past few days ago, and i think i can join , any ideas on "Feelings/Emotions" Theme?

Last edited:
Level 36
For starters, don't bump a thread unless it's really important,
and when you do; at least wait 48 hours before you do so.

Anyway, you can't use terrains that's already started before the
launch of the contest in official terraining contests, sorry.

If that wasn't what you meant, then my advice would be:
Pick an emotion, be creative about it, and device a terrain
around said emotion. I'll likely go for "dread" or "chills".

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

If that wasn't what you meant, then my advice would be:
Pick an emotion, be creative about it, and device a terrain
around said emotion. I'll likely go for "dread" or "chills".

Winter! Ah, a man after my own heart. I'd really like to see another great winter terrain. Even though I'm a bit pre-occupied at the moment link me the terrain contest please, I'd like to stalk a bit and maybe do something ^^

I actually suppose to delete the last post but my internet is so slow and i cant delete it. Ive waited a couple of minutes to be deleted but then my internet is disconnected. I was going to delete it this morning but i saw that you've already edited it .

Sorry for double posting.

Yes i know , i actually joined the old contests before
>Sadly i forgot the passwords my old accounts.

DSGamer said:
Winter! Ah, a man after my own heart. I'd really like to see another great winter terrain. Even though I'm a bit pre-occupied at the moment link me the terrain contest please, I'd like to stalk a bit and maybe do something ^^

Sorry but i lack winter chill models. So i go for halloween-ish terrain (Or maybe fantasy-ish). :> I always make dark terrains (As you notice on my old terrains)
>Im not good in action-ish and winter-ish terrains :p (Remember my http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/terrain-board-267/my-first-terrain-_-235337/?)

Oh and http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/arena-226/terraining-contest-15-feelings-emotions-243666/

Last edited:

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Aye, I was gonna ask. Where did you find the boat model and rock texture for the mountain?

That's... Actually a pretty neat looking sky, how'd you go about it?

Also, why do you insist on having such a BIG fucking interface on your screen?
I'd minimize it to make more space for showing the actual terrain.

Nah Im too lazy to crop it ...

Oh , i shoulda ask this again , how to ...
Set your graphic render option to max and turn on texture filtering, anisotropic filtering and antialiasing before you take a screenshot. Also you should probably turn your resolution up.

Oh can someone answer this , i really dont like to see my terrain cropped in a shitty low quality image.

~~~
That's... Actually a pretty neat looking sky, how'd you go about it?

Using Dark Teal Fog , Nebula Model , Spammed Glows , Toby's Moon , Glow , Star Model , Dust and SkySpheres , Overall 1000 doodads placed.

Last edited:

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Set your graphic render option to max and turn on texture filtering, anisotropic filtering and antialiasing before you take a screenshot. Also you should probably turn your resolution up.
If you have an nVIDIA card just right click on your desktop, go to nVIDIA Control Panel and draw the slider-bar from Performance to Quality. Or go under Manage 3D settings and set Anisotropic filtering and Antialiasing to highest settings. If you have an AMD card there is a similar control panel called Catalyst Control Center.

Nah Im too lazy to crop it ...
He means in the actual editor. Just hover your mouse over the side of the interface till you get this, ↔, then pull it to your left.

Compare bleg.png to bleg2.png

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
No effect so far, the edges of the polygons are still not antialiased. Look at the mountains in the distance, they are jagged and pixelated. MSAA would smooth that out for you. I guess you might have to restart the editor for the changes to take effect or something.

Beautiful! You are starting to become my favorite terrainer here.
If you already have max'ed out the settings then it must be the world editor. Try making the screenshot in game, Wc3 exe and the editor display differently. That might solve the problem.

Screenshot ingame's more worst than d' Editor.

~~~
Reupdated the WIP 4 Image

The rendering issue is really bugging me. It should work.

Are your drivers up to date?

Its in Auto Update so probably yes...

Maybe it's the drivers or maybe his graphics card doesn't support anti antialiasing?

Dunno , High resolution screen is enough for me , maybe the editor and the extensions that ive added mixed up and ruined the game graphics. Some of my games were improved though.

attachment.php

Oh and i should really turn into NVIDIA GeForce 9500 , gonna buy one later.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 175
Level 16
9500 GT is a really old card and couldn't even really handle gaming well for its time.

I don't know what kind of budget you have, but I would at least look into the GTX 700 series.
Yeah it's a SUCKY Graphics card in a SUCKY Computer, real antique stuff. I had a supercomputer two years ago but I had to give it away. Sadly this is the only good computer I have. The graphics card is old but it's a good model compared to other versions so I can do my stuff. I can at least play Starcraft 2 decently a little bit over medium settings. Stryderzero, You should really consider buying a new card if your computer is not so ancient and if you're probably using a incorporated one, It makes a huge difference.

Gotta get me a new satellite (monster comp) in the near future! Hopefully, This one is a old man on the dying bed.

The picture, waiting to see more...

I don't know, it is starting to look really messy. I can't really see where you are going with it.

Also there should be a trillion times better lantern models than that one.

I better wait for other submission of entries so that i can get some idea.

~~~
I shall use B2M trees since bamboos really dont look good ... at your eyes. :<

~~~

WIP 7

I still dont have idea on the middle part.
Ive also changed the trees that is just suggested. So i replaced them in B2M trees.
Ive also improved the lightings
Added some props and units.
Mountains are more detailed.

Oh and the lanterns...

attachment.php

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_111213_200050_01.png
    WC3ScrnShot_111213_200050_01.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 297
Last edited:
Level 36
I honestly don't see what there's not to understand, you are supposed to base your terrain on an emotion, like "happiness," "sadness," "madness" etc...

I'd say you're doing it wrong, because you're halfway through the process of making this terrain and you still don't know what the theme is about, in that sense,
you should have chosen an emotion BEFORE you started doing the terrain and THEN make a concept based on that emotion. However, you might "bypass" this by
going for an emotion now and then tweak the atmosphere to suit the theme, in that way you can claim that you're terrain is following the theme, chances are,
though, that doing this you might not come off with the best score in relation to the theme.

And if all that didn't make things clear about the theme, here's a simpler way of explaining it:

"Make me a terrain about happiness, or sadness, or madness, or whatever other emotion you can think of."

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Hmmm, I think I'm going to go with emptiness for my entry. Or my rendition of Fear, both work. Anyway, I personally feel that the terrain is becoming a bit too complicated. There are too many objects that require attention and that takes away from the initial impact most other pieces of terrainwork have.

Level 16
There are too many lights and effects that draw your attention in all places plus the background structures are starting to get even more confusing. I liked the sky at the beginning, maybe you should lighten the load a little, also a dark contrast between the foreground and background structures will fix some visual issues. I like the idea, maybe you will still work at this as one of your terrains. Good luck on finding a theme for the contest!

The sky man:) How did you do it? What models have you used? I looks great:)

Uberclouds , Cloud (By B2M) and Glows...

For the Night Skies , im using Glows , CloudStars , Nebula , Ubercloud and the Moon (By Tobyfat)

So far the focal point is a birch tree. I would probably remove that and leave the horizon open for something more appropriate.

(*_*)b

Status
Not open for further replies.