• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need ideas and opinions for this map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3

Attachments

• Eddy.w3x
    3 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Level 17
Honestly, it is good.
The only thing that bugs me is the resource selection.
The wooden structures really don't make much sense with the modern ones neither does a signpost that references boulevard and avenue in a middle of nowhere.
It wouldn't be much of an issue it is just that the wooden structures have completely different art direction and they don't fit too well in there.

Also, more people would review your map if you simply added like 4 screens instead. Most people can't be bothered.

Level 3
Honestly, it is good.
The only thing that bugs me is the resource selection.
The wooden structures really don't make much sense with the modern ones neither does a signpost that references boulevard and avenue in a middle of nowhere.
It wouldn't be much of an issue it is just that the wooden structures have completely different art direction and they don't fit too well in there.

Also, more people would review your map if you simply added like 4 screens instead. Most people can't be bothered.

Finally! :ogre_rage:

Actually, the wooden and modern structures makes sense.
,,There was a time when people used to live in nature, but they left to live in a big industrial city" (that's all I got for now)

I put some screenshots in another tread : http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/terrain-board-267/my-terrain-wip-233146/#post2320718

If you have any ideas please tell me!

Thanks! :goblin_yeah:

Level 36
well, this section is pointless if nobody is gonna review my terrain

it's very hard to write a sentence about this terrain (sarcasm)

ok then

For starters, having only waited three days and then making a statement like that is being a bit too rash. And secondly, you have a much higher chance of getting a review or two, or three, or ten... For your map if you actually invest some time in making it attractive, such as adding screenshots with the post from the map or writing up an appealing description and such.

Actually, the screenshots part is probably the most important factor, terrainers are lazy, and we don't like having to download things and open them in the editor unless we're sure it won't be a waste of our time.
- I'm not really speaking on behalf of all terrainers here, though.

Level 14
It's alright, but a bit empty for my taste. Firstly, if you're going to have really pronounced rock structures like you have now, you're going to want to make something interesting out of them, rather than just randomly placing a bunch of rocks together on the side of a cliff. Mainly, the way you're doing it now adds a certain jarring effect where the two different elements lack any type of cohesion (rock to ground). However! if you were to make the rock structures more appealing, and put more work into them, you could use this jarring effect to your advantage and make a very eye catching attraction in your terrain.

Other than that, add more well placed shrubs and grasses and trees so that they meld with other elements of your terrain - shrubs against rocks, shrubs and grass against tree bases, etc. What I mean by, "well placed" is to add elements of foliage that help to naturally diverge a player from the extremely linear, and extremely boring pathway that you currently have set up. But, you also want to make sure the player has enough room to move around in the area given, and complete the desired tasks of the area.

Also, add a fog. Light grey, dark blue, blueish grey, whatever, just add something to it. Give it an atmosphere, give it style, and make it your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.