• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

CoBrA b's SC2 Creations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Well, I've been on a road trip these last few days, and, with nothing better to do, I pulled out my laptop and started to make some SC2 terrains. Since posting all of them in different threads would probably be considered borderline spam, I've decided to make an SC2 showcase, containing all terrains I have done in the Galaxy Editor to date. I'll update this continuously.

In order:
1. The Void is a Beautiful Thing
2. Nuke Aftermath
3. Forgotten Shrine
4. Water Temple
5. Pacifica (based on what I saw driving along the Pacific coastline)
6. Pacifica II
7. Tropical Falls.
8. Bel'shir Colony.
9. Shrine of the Oasis.
10. Red Shores.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Terrain 005.jpg
    Terrain 005.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 460
  • Terrain 020.jpg
    Terrain 020.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 482
  • Terrain 023.jpg
    Terrain 023.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 420
  • Terrain 027.jpg
    Terrain 027.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 424
  • Terrain 032.jpg
    Terrain 032.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 450
  • Terrain 036.jpg
    Terrain 036.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 446
  • Terrain 038.jpg
    Terrain 038.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 479
  • The Colony.png
    The Colony.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 482
  • Terrain 043.jpg
    Terrain 043.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 308
  • Terrain 047.jpg
    Terrain 047.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:
Level 36
I like the third one the best, and there are some of them that dont really look all too amazing, but hell, what is there to expect when the editor is so new? :p

Good work nonetheless, might have to make another sc2 terrain myself >.>

Level 4
Pretty poor, to be honest. I feel like I'm the only one who can see past the LOLGOODGRAPHICS. It's just really really messy... probably because you're not used to the editor yet.

Level 12
Pretty poor, to be honest. I feel like I'm the only one who can see past the LOLGOODGRAPHICS. It's just really really messy... probably because you're not used to the editor yet.

Elaboration please?

Rockspam, Bushspam, treespam, bad doodad placement?

"Messy" doesn't help me improve.

Level 4
Elaboration please?

Rockspam, Bushspam, treespam, bad doodad placement?

"Messy" doesn't help me improve.

Messy as in unpolished. I can't explain how you'd go about doing that because it depends on what kind of look you're aiming for and what you have placed on the map. All I can say to elaborate is that each one looks like the terraining equivalent of putting a noise filter over a photo. Most of the time I can hardly see what's going on.

Ha, and I just noticed, the 5th one reminds me almost exactly of one of Belgarath's old terrains. Good influence :p

Level 12
Actually, for some reason, my editor's bugged up, and will only show still water past a certain camera angle. Working on it right now.

Level 8
Does water reflections are "automatically created" in galaxy editor? 'Cause they're a pain to do in WE.

Also i agree, sc2 graphics are great, but things looks just to messy. I've seen a lot of WE terrains that are not even amongst the tops that looks better.

I'm not saying your terrains are not good, they're pretty good imo, but it's just i don't like sc2 graphics ;s

Status
Not open for further replies.