• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Introducing Streams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
twitch1.png

The Hive Workshop has added live streaming support!

We've added a new feature to the site that allows live streaming, primarily www.Twitch.tv streaming, to be shown live on the site. In other words, you can watch, interact, and follow people who play (or even mod) Warcraft 3, Starcraft 2, and other games in real time here! This section was made possible by buying the add-on, XenRio, and by people sending donations allowing this add-on to be bought.

The objective of this is to support streamers and connect Hive to the Warcraft 3+ streaming scene, which has already been attracting larger audiences nowadays partly due to our partner, over at Back2Warcraft. We also think this is just so cool and a huge upgrade to the site.

We already have around a dozen streamers who are participating in our project because we've told them about this before we released it. But we're looking to add more streamers, no matter the experience or popularity - long time Hive member or newly registered. So go check out the stream tab, and go check out all of our partnered streamers working relentlessly to provide entertainment playing the games they love!

-> ENTER THE STREAM TAB <-
The stream tab can also always be found on the top bar of the site.
(We plan on posting this somewhere in the streaming section if possible)

Welcome to Hive's streaming section! This section shows a list of streams that are live and are partnered with the site.

How do I stream?
There are multiple venues to stream on, but the most popular venue people use is www.Twitch.tv.
Here's S3xytime's How to stream WC3 tutorial.

How do I get on the list?
1. Submit your stream on the submit channel button on the top of the streaming section OR message @StoPCampinGn00b on Hive or Twitch. You cannot speak on behalf of someone else, so if you want a streamer you know to partner with Hive, you're free to direct that person here.
2. Link Hive Workshop by using any of the options below.

• Add this image to your stream page and have it linked to www.hiveworkshop.com
  • Link Hive Workshop in text with a caption that you're free to customize. Must have the words Warcraft 3 and modding. Example: Supported by www.hiveworkshop.com, the Warcraft 3 / SC2 modding and custom games community.
Once you do that, we will add your stream to the list, and nothing else needs to be done.

Rules:
Streamers and viewers must abide to the streaming site's rules of conduct.
Rules of Conduct - Twitch

Tips & Guidelines:
Streamers
- If you have links blocked on your stream, it would be good to exclude hiveworkshop.com from the block list for obvious reasons.
- Other games are allowed to be streamed, but we encourage Warcraft 3, Starcraft 2, and other Blizzard content more since that's how our site rolls :cool:. It'd also be awesome to see some creative streamers, such as drawing and concept art people.
- Best place to put your cam if you're streaming WC3 / SC2? On the character portrait (right of the minimap) so no gameplay nor text is blocked.
Viewers
- Don't annoyingly tell people what to game, map, etc to play. Streamers are not your personal tools.
- Many streamers have a few simple rules or guidelines. Read them before using their chat box.
- Enjoyed someone's channel? Support them by following, going to their channel page! You can also donate and subscribe.

That's all! We encourage people to explore the whole streaming section. You can find the full list of approved channels, featured games, and more.

Last edited:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I will stream CoD and kill people in an airport

Level 32
We've got a lot of suggestions in the past to support other games other than WC3 on the forum. However, all of the current streamers have WC3 or SC2 as one of their main games.
Plus, we have forums for other games including League, DOTA2, WoW, Hearthstone, HotS and Diablo.

Anyway, we'll see if we can try to put a sticky thread on that section. In the mean time, we're looking for more streamers!

Last edited:
I am really excited about this. I hope that @Mr.Goblin will start using Twitch for his streams and we can have it show up in this new "Streams" tab. I am even considering making some coding sessions on Hive for Hive. I think it's very cool :)

I wouldn't mind it :D perhaps I could even do a few blizzard related fan arts for the giggles, because why not. :D I'll explore the twitch platform some point next week and come back to you about it.

Level 32
I wouldn't mind it :D perhaps I could even do a few blizzard related fan arts for the giggles, because why not. :D I'll explore the twitch platform some point next week and come back to you about it.
There is a creative section that includes drawing, 3D modeling, music, food, and more. I don't watch it much, but when I do, I enjoy of what comes out of those streams.
Twitch

Level 14
Cool, good job guys :)

Unfortunately, the streams do not play, when I click on it... Is there something, one has to do prior to watching?

Edit: Now it works. Thanks jondrean anyway :)

Last edited:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

What does your console (F12) say? Try with newest Chrome/Firefox.

LeP

LeP

Level 13
nice addition. but i would rather have it as a sidebar where i can see every stream without clicking anything. that's what im used to from other sites.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Really impressed with how fast this was implemented. It looks fantastic and works great!

Love these improvements, sounds like you guys are really hard at work behind the scenes.
Ah, I'm cheating. This is an add-on we paid for. That's what the news say :). Anyway, yeah. I make a few changes every day to improve things.
nice addition. but i would rather have it as a sidebar where i can see every stream without clicking anything. that's what im used to from other sites.
I think that should be possible.

Great and all but are there alert preferences for this too?
Not so far.
Neat feature! Though the chat dissappears after you log in you twitch account and you have to refresh to fix it
Isn't that a setting you have for Twitch?

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
*mouse drop*

I'm a little ambivalent about streaming, but I think it's good to 'hook into' the currently-active Wc3-streaming community in order to keep things going.

A part of me gets excited about streaming my Wc3 modding... Then a bigger part of me realizes that no one wants to watch a dude copy/paste back-and-forth, filling data fields lol.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

It could be motivating to see a person having ur stream open muted @144p.

If you have the tools to stream and your connection is good enough, you could try streaming one session.

Level 32
Every single streamer here streams WC3 or SC2 as one of their main games. However, we will not restrict anyone to only streaming WC3 / SC2. It's just too controlling and that's not what we want. To regulate these things is not worth the work anyway. Plus, we allow other games to be discussed on the site. We have a LoL, WoW, DOTA2, Diablo, HotS and Hearthstone forum. We also have the gamer's hub / general gaming that allows anyone to chat about any other game. Why assume to restrict something that was never restricted?

For example, Pohx streams WC3 all day on Fridays, but only for less than an hour on a weekday because Battlerite takes up his time (also, Pohx's connection to Hive is that he used the site to be a Gaias beta tester back then). Another one of our streamers splits time with WC3 castle fight and League of Legends. @pOke was streaming DOTA2 and WC3. There are more that do this, and we won't stop them because it's not worth it to force people to stream a specific game all the time.

Just get in the mind of a streamer and find out that people want to explore new games, are attached to other games other than WC3, and such. Hopefully that clears things up.

Last edited:
Level 32
Glad that you're not complaining :)

There was an Overwatch thread in Site Discussion, but it didn't get much support. Probably due of the FPS genre not being all that attractive to old school Hivers / Blizzard fans here.

I don't know how to rephrase it to make it more understandable. We've always allowed discussion, videos to be posted, and news of other games. People talk about them in General Gaming, and there are age old social groups dedicated to other games like Minecraft, Call of Duty, Terraria, and more. It's not like non-Blizzard content is harming anybody or the site. It would be detrimental and extra work if we were to spring a wall up against our WC3 / SC2 streamers that also stream non-Blizzard games (which could be around half of them).

Last edited:
Level 32
Ah well, DSG, we're featuring streamers, not games. I made sure every streamer is a WC3 or SC2 (or other Blizzard game) streamer, but like most people, they play other games too. So we're not choosing Battlerite, but it's a popular game among many PC gamers and evidently including WC3 gamers at the moment.

Battlerite is just one of the newly released MOBAs.

Last edited:

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

StopCampingNoob contacted me on twitch: I am VoyagesDelAme and I stream DotA and sometimes map development

Level 32
StopCampingNoob contacted me on twitch: I am VoyagesDelAme and I stream DotA and sometimes map development
Oh cool, I didn't know that was you. I thought you were just a random DotA player playing on ENT.
So yeah, if you link hiveworkshop the way it's described in the first post, I will add you right away :)
About that.
I never watch casual streams, I only watch some esport tournaments through streams so I do not know the numbers.
How much do the more 'popular' wc3 modders get when streaming? emphasis on modders, nor players.
I don't know if anyone who primarily streamed map making has grown a bunch. I wasn't really keeping track.
There are a few that do stream WC3 modding, but I don't remember who except @Heaven Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.