• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Infatuate V. 1.2

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
I wanted a spell like this to my map, and then I thought, this is going to be a great spell! ;) So I uploaded it! I hope that someone can use it!

The target cant see during a period of time and decreases its movementspeed with 50 %.

Credits:
Element of Water
Super-Sheep
Eccho

V. 1.0 - Uploaded the spell
V. 1.1 - Added aray in the variable, dunno if its better o_O
V. 1.2 - Added a Jass script so the spell won't desync

Keywords:
Infatuate, blind, see, visibillity, target, GUI
Contents

Infatuated V. 1.2 (Map)

Reviews
14:50, 13ndth Sep 2015 This resource has been set to Need Fix by BPower. Reason: First of all, I love the concept. It's very unique in our database. You should definitely fix the spell so I can re-approve it again. A basic must have of...

M

14:50, 13ndth Sep 2015

This resource has been set to Need Fix by BPower.

Reason:
First of all, I love the concept. It's very unique in our database. You should definitely fix the spell so I can re-approve it again.

A basic must have of public spell submission in our database is that it is MUI. This spell isn't MUI.
Users will run into bugs when using it on multiple units from the same player.
When picking up the work on this consider stacking time and level based configuration.

21:06, 4th Apr 2009
Eccho:

A short but useful spell. Enough documented. I know... It is very short, but the fading is something you dont see everytime. Also, it does not desync.

Overall useful, but it would be an idea to fix the structure of the tooltip. See post and you will know what I mean.

Keep in mind that fading the screen will not be as useful when having alot of units. But it suits well for a hero arena/aos for instance

Level 22
I am speechless. Lovely spell thought I don't see the point with that you cant see a shit, a little op in my opinion but it's your spell.

So basiclly you turn yourself (in the testmap) into ethernal form. Slowing you down by 50%. The basics of a banish. Then your trigger cause the whole player screen to turn black in a 0.25 sec. Also makin the targeted unit disabled, not just with ethernal form but with disabled attack + wander (lol do you wanna turn them into critters also? :) ) And ofc the black mask fade out and you are good to go.

Gj

Level 11
Yeah, I agree with baassee, what the matter in slowing the target down by 50%, if I can't control it? And also if I use it in a map, where I control not only this particular hero, which is infatuated, but also a whole army of units? Do they all become also infatuated? This large black screen really makes the spell useless for all maps where you control more than 1 unit.

Level 16
I have been told that it will desync then, shall I still do it?

• Infatuate
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Infatuate
    • Actions
      • -------- Some custom scripts that is necesarry, dont change them if you dont know what you are doing! --------
      • Custom script: local player p = GetOwningPlayer(GetSpellTargetUnit())
      • Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() == p then
      • -------- Walking over to cinematic mode --------
      • Custom script: call ShowInterface(false, 0.25)
      • -------- Fades over to a black background --------
      • Cinematic - Fade out over 0.25 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Custom script: endif
      • -------- Remember the target, so I can check some more stuffs --------
      • Set TargetInfatuated[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • -------- Disable the targets attack --------
      • Unit - Add Disable Attack to TargetInfatuated[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
      • -------- Make the target to run away from the caster --------
      • Unit - Add Wander (Neutral) to TargetInfatuated[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
      • -------- How long time then target is --------
      • Wait (2.50 x (2.50 + (Real((Level of Infatuate for TargetInfatuated[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]))))) seconds
      • -------- Remove Disable Attack --------
      • Unit - Remove Disable Attack from TargetInfatuated[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
      • -------- Remove Wander --------
      • Unit - Remove Wander (Neutral) from TargetInfatuated[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
      • Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() == p then
      • -------- Remove cinematic mode --------
      • Custom script: call ShowInterface(true, 0.25)
      • -------- Fades back --------
      • Cinematic - Fade in over 0.25 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Custom script: endif
      • Custom script: set p = null
I've got this now, is it better or am I lost?

Level 10
You don't need to disable his attacks, just creat a second trigger with the following functions:
  • Second Trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit is attacked
    • Conditions
      • ((Attacking unit) has buff Infatuated ) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Stop

Level 23
Hmm, there is a huge problem here, and that is that it desyncs.
In fact, everytime you do something with a handle, creating/destroying and such, it will desync.

• Cinematic - Fade out over 0.25 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
  • Cinematic - Fade in over 0.25 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
Deyncs since that BJ function uses a timer, and thus, desyncing.

What you need is a custom one with Jass. I helped a guy with that a while ago.
Check it out if you want: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f269/help-ability-using-getlocalplayer-116223/#post1001325

Level 23
Meh, I would not recommend having submissions uploaded which is going to desync.

The use of that Jass function is pretty simple.
Here is another version=)

Note that the custom jass code is located at the top, above all categories (if you didnt knew already). Add that in the description too.

Oh and, the following image is using jass newgen pack. That shouldn't be a difference but the code colors and the extra buttons:p

Attachments

• Infatuate V. 1.2.w3x
    60.8 KB · Views: 65
  • importhelp.JPG
    importhelp.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 64
Level 7
Hmm, i have made this spell 1 mount ago... Well a guy helped me, its in GUI combined with custom scripts.. But i don't know if my spell malfunctions multiplayer.. Because i tried it with my friend and when i casted he got dissconect.. So im asking, is this spell good multiplayer? Can some 1 try it and reply here

Level 7
I've casted this spell on myself. And I didn't expect that also the user interference will also disappear. This spell is really overpowered. But nevertheless, it is a good ultimate. This would make enemy players go "WTF?!" :3