• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Incinerate based skill don't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I want use skill based on incinerate for archer hero
Deadly Focus! (ULTIMATE) (LEVEL 1-8)-bonus dmg (no explosion) 25/40/55/70/85/100/115/125.
Attacks it is not increased (not arrow model of skill) per attack (but monster have negative effect). It is hard coded or something. I test it dmg it is not increased. Next question firelord with incinerate can have crit or dmg aura or this stop incinerate (i don't know)? Many maps use skills based incinerate passive and this is work, why this is doesn't work on my map? My dream is made map rpg and I have problem every time to make this skill. Damage from this no stack!

Level 6
Sorry I need easier method, a high amount of map makers make many types of this skill based skills and don't need triggers prbly. I can't use this incinerate, when I don't how in this code change damage and delete dead-explosion damage. It is not useful. I don't need exploding incinerate, but need damage increasing per hit skill.

Level 13
There's no easier method. Most of those map makers probably made their own versions of incinerate via triggers, or they stuck to having only one possible incinerate ability.

Read the spell documentation made by AGD and you'll be able to import it easily.
JASS:
// *****************************                                                                     //
// * Triggered Incinerate v1.2 *                                                                     //
// *          by: AGD          *                                                                     //
// *****************************                                                                     //
//                                                                                                   //
// Credits:                                                                                          //
// - Bribe ( Damage Engine )                                                                         //
//                                                                                                   //
// How to Import:                                                                                    //
// - Copy the all the custom abilities                                                               //
// - Copy the "Damage Engine by Bribe" trigger category                                              //
// - Copy the "Triggered Incinerate by AGD" trigger category                                         //
// But first, check "automatically create unknown variables while pasting trigger data" so that the  //
// "TI Variable Creator" will create the necessary variables in your map.                            //
// Spell Summary:                                                                                    //
// The spell's effect is passive. It activates everytime the unit deals damage to its target. This   //
// spell causes the unit to deal increasing damage (additionally) per attack. The damage stacking    //
// has a duration after which if the target takes no damage from a unit with incinerate spell, it    //
// will be reset back to zero. Upon the target unit's death, it will explode and deal damage equal   //
// to the damage stacked to a certain AOE.                                                           //
// Spell Info (Please Read):                                                                         //
// For those who don't know yet, the Incinerate spell of Fire Lord which was made by Blizzard is     //
// actually buggy if you're not using the original spell ( i.e. if you're using a custom ability     //
// based on that spell ). In this case, even if you change the stats of the custom spell, the stats  //
// of the original spell will persist and it's almost impossible or atleast difficult to make        //
// many incinerate spells with different stats and sometimes you will be forced to use triggers to   //
// do this.                                                                                          //
// For this reason I made this spell hoping that this will help you with your difficulties regarding //
// the buggy Incinerate. In this spell, you can make as many incinerate spells as you like, all with //
// different stats and spellIDs. The spell's effects is also not limited by the unit's weapon type   //
// which, unlike Blizzard's Incinerate, will only work with missile attacks. And lastly, one         //
// POSSIBLE advantage of this sytem is that it works together with other buff placers and orb        //
// effects.                                                                                          //
// Please share your feedback and suggestions about this spell at Hive Workshop or you can PM AGD    //
// at Hive. Please also report bugs and glitches if you found some.                                  //
// Note: If you use this resource in your map, please don't forget to give credits to AGD. And if    //
//       you're having problem regarding how to import or in configuring the spell, you can PM him   //
//       or post your comment at Hive Workshop.                                                      //
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//===================================================================================================//
//===================================================================================================//
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Status
Not open for further replies.