• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Item's skills levels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Heloes Hive Workshop
I encountered a slight problem. I have a pretty big eq trigger in my map, everytime somebody 'equips' an item, they use a dummy item which comes up as a skill in eq's inteface and then the hero gets various skills (like +dmg, +def, etc.). My problem is, when I make a 100 lvl skill increasing unit's damage by +[level of the skill] and then set it to given level when equipping the item, it stays on lvl 1. I don't know how to cope with it, making different skills for every item bonus seems to much of work.
I also had a different idea which included increasing technology level everytime the item is equipped (giving +1 dmg per tech level, for example), but this one desn't work in the other way.
So, I might have two questions here: is there a way of changing item-based skill level? Triggers don't work. And also, it would be better for me, is there a way of decreasing tech level? If I set it, for example, to 5, it gives the bonuses, but setting it again to 1 does nothing to the unit (and it should reduce bonuses).

Status
Not open for further replies.