• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Learning and Levelling Skills through Neutral Shops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm trying to create a way for Hero to learn and level up skills without the Hero Skill button. Also, to save Shop space, players only need to click the same skill repeatedly to level it up.

What I've created is selling the Skills as items and creating 3 versions of the skill, then triggering it to remove the item and add the skill to the Hero. When a skill levels up, it is supposed to remove the previous level and add the new level. However, the trigger only allows the Hero to learn the skill. Clicking it repeatedly does not level up the skill, which is what I'm trying to do.

Finally, if the skill is maxed, player is refunded with the gold used, and a message pops up saying the skill is at its maximum level.

Btw, is there a way to make it so that players don't need to buy the item and directly gain the skill?

• Brilliance Aura Pack
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Brilliance Aura
    • Actions
      • Item - Remove (Item being manipulated)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Learned Hero Skill) Not equal to Brilliance Aura 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Brilliance Aura 1 to (Triggering unit)
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Brilliance Aura 1
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Remove Brilliance Aura 1 from (Triggering unit)
              • Unit - Add Brilliance Aura 2 to (Triggering unit)
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Brilliance Aura 2
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Remove Brilliance Aura 2 from (Triggering unit)
                  • Unit - Add Brilliance Aura 3 to (Triggering unit)
                • Else - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Brilliance Aura 3
                    • Then - Actions
                      • -------- The skill is at its Maximum Level and cannot be upgraded again. --------
                      • Player - Add 100 to (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Current lumber
                    • Else - Actions
                      • Do nothing

Level 2
Why dont you level up skill instead of adding new skill?

Technically, the skill is leveled up. I'm just replacing the lower level with a higher level. If this doesn't answer your question, clarify what you mean by leveling up the skill.

And what do you mean by directly gaining the skill? If you mean that hero wouldnt need inventory slots to get skill, just make the skill item to powerup?

Exactly. What I'm doing right now requires the Hero to purchase an Item (Buy->Item->Level Up Skill). What I hope to do is bypass purchasing Item and directly make Buy->Level Up Skill.

Level 4
Technically, the skill is leveled up. I'm just replacing the lower level with a higher level. If this doesn't answer your question, clarify what you mean by leveling up the skill.

Exactly. What I'm doing right now requires the Hero to purchase an Item (Buy->Item->Level Up Skill). What I hope to do is bypass purchasing Item and directly make Buy->Level Up Skill.

There is function like "Set level of Ability to"
And What you mean by that Buy->Leve Up SKill? Is it still that you want that skill thing to be bought from shop? If then make the item PowerUp so, you dont need free inventory slots.

Level 2
Problem solved with the purchasing.

However, I can't find "Set level of Ability to". The closest I found was Set Variable = Value. Is that what you mean?

Level 2
@TurboJyri:
Ah, ok, found it.

@Huurka
Will do.

Thanks to both of you. Problem solved, thread can be closed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.