• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Custom Incinerate - bugged? (+ Rain of Fire- trigger order)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Heya folks, long story short.

I wanted to make custom spell, based on Firelord-Incinerate (passive. active one doesnt have any data to adjust, like dmg etc :D (only duration, basic ones)), the one where hero does more dmg per every next attack.

However, i made custom spell, aaaand it did no bonus dmg. I set value of that dmg multiplier column to like 200 and still nothing hero hit for 30 all the time, and then tried changing data in the original spell, and it suddenly worked. After 2 hours i still havent found out anything new (its not influenced by custom buff, buff duration, missile speed or anything), this spell just seems to work only with original one, if i want custom version of it id have to change original one to my image, what id do only out of uber desperation.
ps: i didnt check whether explosion after death dmg works, im only interested in dmg multiplier in continuous punching :D

*Also, ive read this spell might not work with some spells like lifesteal or feedback, my hero had none such spells - custom incinerate which didnt work, and then when i gave him original one he suddenly did bonus dmg.

So, im totally foolish and blind that im doing something wrong, is this spell a known bug or what? Thanks :D

And then one more thing, to put it in single topic: I had classic trigger that ordered unit to cast custom "Rain of Fire" - Archimonde to some area, but even after order unit just stood there, did nothing. I tried it with Archie, he had his rain of fya, nothing happened.
Is this also known bug, one of few spells that cant be cast by triggers or what? :O

Thanks for help!

Level 20
As long as i'm aware of, incinerate only works by the real ability, not custom ones based on that, AND i'm not sure if you can modify that one too, i guess you can. That means you can only have one working incinerate ability on your map unless you trigger it (which isn't so hard).

If the unit can't cast Rain Of Fire, maybee it doesn't meet the tech tree requirements, or doesn't have enough mana, or doesn't have the ability, or some other trigger is stoping him.

Level 30
For the Rain of Fire. Order it with this:

• Unit - Order >>>Unit here<<< to Neutral Pitlord - Rain of Fire
When used, it will order the unit to cast the ability with that exact ID. I am pointing the Neutral Pitlord - Rain of Fire as the ID.

For the Incinerate. After sme experiments, I did found out that there is an aility too called Incinerate (Arrow). I think you need to modify this too.

Level 7
Oh sorrz, my bad- i meant rain of CHAOS, not Fire, the Archimondes spell to summon multiple Infernals (and funny spell to experiment with) - classic trigger like

Unit - Order >>>Unit here<<< to Archimonde - Rain of Chaos

doesnt work, boom. Rain of fire works normally

And Incinerate: Mkay, it seems i cant have really just 1 of this thing after all. I guess ill trigger it somehow, should be within my capabilities :D

Level 20
  • Custom script: call IssuePointOrderById(caster, 'xxxx', 0, 0)
Unit: Caster
Ability id: 'xxxx'
X coords = 0
Y coords = 0

I don't know what trigger you're using but you must be using "issue unit an order targeting a point" in this case, the point is "x, y", and "order" is the Id 'xxxx', and the Unit, is the "caster".

Custom script: call IssuePointOrderById(GetTriggerUnit(), 'ACrg', 0, 0)

That would make the Triggering Unit Cast Neutral Rain Of Fire at the center of the map.

If you use a point/location global variable you can replace the 0, 0 with "GetLocationX(udg_PointVariable), GetLocationY(udg_PointVariable)"

Level 7
Well again, i guess i should change name of topic to rain of CHAOS, as i mentioned above ive mistaken those two in 1st comment. But Ill try that script of yours with Rain of Chaos, (im utterly useless at custom scripts myself), it might work better than trigger /order unit to cast rain of fire there and there/.

1hour later: Im useless at custom scripts, using

IssuePointOrderById(GetTriggeringUnit, 'ANrc', 0, 0)

gives me merely error Line 23:
IssuePointOrderById(GetTriggeringUnit, 'ANrc', 0, 0)
Expected a name

Ccrew custom scripts.
Ill go for Channel + dummy that will cast multiple inferno-based spells instead of rain of Chaos.

Level 20
You need to use "call" before the custom script :D "call issuePointOrder..." and change the 'ANrc' for the rawId of your ability

Level 2
try use
Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Undead Dreadlord - Inferno (Center of (Playable map area))

or

Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Special Archimonde - Rain Of Chaos (Center of (Playable map area))

:thumbs_up:

Level 7
try use
Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Undead Dreadlord - Inferno (Center of (Playable map area))

or

Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Special Archimonde - Rain Of Chaos (Center of (Playable map area))

:thumbs_up:

Well YOU try that second one and youll see that Archimonde doesnt react to that trigger at all, it works with every other spell (or at least have worked so far), except for sweet Rain of Chaos (what im trying to solve)

You need to use "call" before the custom script :D "call issuePointOrder..." and change the 'ANrc' for the rawId of your ability

ANrc is rawID of rain of chaos already...
and still doesnt worn, but i guess its cause ive got no idea what to write instead of that "caster" (in Custom script: call IssuePointOrderById(caster, 'xxxx', 0, 0)), Archimonde 0757 etc didnt work

But nevermind, ill make caster cast channel and use dummy to randomly cast Infernos (that one works) in area around channeler, i just wanted to avoid triggering spell that can work without any triggers (well it seems it cant)..
thanks for your time :D

Status
Not open for further replies.