• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Inactive Users

See question below.

• Yes

Votes: 45 54.9%
  • No

Votes: 37 45.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
If you look at the poll on my thread then you'll see that most people would delete empty accounts. Ralle is not one of these people. It's not a debate, the 2 sides are gray and a slightly different shade of gray.
We are not going to delete any user accounts just for being inactive.
I still think we should let them stay.

I strongly suggest this be merged with my thread and left closed.
Consider it done.

~ Threads merged.

Level 4
I was searching for a user in the Members List, and I just, out of fun, wanted to see what was the earliest leaving of the hive... And i saw like 400 or more users that have ever been in the Hive from 2004-2007. I think that users that are absent for that long should be removed or banned, since the site with lots of inactive users is like a book without lots of pages. It's a shame that Hive has so many users that have once seen it, told the tale, and left forever. But, there are execeptions: users with very high reputation should be kept. No need for explaining, i will just say: Aeroblyctos and Kitabatake. Ones of the greatest users ever, and will never come back. THEY should be kept in the Hive.
P.S. Also, users with EXTREMELY low rep should be banned. I saw a user with -48 rep. And he's still there.... with 5 cute red gems.

I was searching for a user in the Members List, and I just, out of fun, wanted to see what was the earliest leaving of the hive... And i saw like 400 or more users that have ever been in the Hive from 2004-2007. I think that users that are absent for that long should be removed
Why? They don't take up much file space at all, so that's not an issue.
or banned, since the site with lots of inactive users is like a book without lots of pages.
Why ban them? They haven't done anything wrong and they could suddenly become active again.
It's a shame that Hive has so many users that have once seen it, told the tale, and left forever.
Most of the members just came here to download resources and make the occasional comment or post in the requests/map dev forum.
But, there are execeptions: users with very high reputation should be kept. No need for explaining, i will just say: Aeroblyctos and Kitabatake. Ones of the greatest users ever, and will never come back. THEY should be kept in the Hive.
I wouldn't say they're the greatest users ever.
P.S. Also, users with EXTREMELY low rep should be banned. I saw a user with -48 rep. And he's still there.... with 5 cute red gems.
Those users tend to not go to the hive any more. No need to ban them unless they come back. (As for inverted, he just got a lot of negrep for rep whoring)

Level 12
You arn't allowed to complain about -48 rep, becuase I saw a -666 rep awhile ago.

Removing users for being inactive wouldn't really serve much of a point. I mean, theres more space being wasted with thousands of locked threads then users I bet, not to mention that theres lots of resources that probably sit in the deleted/rejected area that users might ingore, and waste space with too

Level 3
Well, to answer directly, I dont think that they should get banned, like Pyritie said they did not do anything bad or wrong to get banned. About deleting, I can agree, that some old users with 0 posts and whose last visit was day when they registered, should be removed. Because we all know if they are registered in 2004,2005,2006 and last activity was in day when they was registered, they will never return, they forgot about site. However, personally I dislike when someone just register for nothing, without planing to post, visit or do anything in site. But with other way, I dont really think that they should also be removed because of one great reson: For such job, lot of time is required. I doubt anyone would search for such users. VergilThazaar, was this enough?

Level 3
Yeah, you are right, I read that from Pyritie but forgot to mention in my post. But like I said, I didnt mean to clean people like you, only who are registered, and never visited site again. Its pointless to keep such users (I dont think they are even users, they have empty accaunts, and most of them if no all forgot about this site)... Of course users , it to late now to do that, its waste of time. Also like you said those accaunts use low of size, so ... its all pointless, it should stay just like that it is.

Level 7
I suppose if there were mass amounts of people, that would make us seem highly populated. But if more than 70% of them were inactive that would make us seem very inactive wouldn't it?

Level 9
- Is it Really worth it?:con:...

@ Narrator
- Haven't you ever eaten a candy? Your hands get sticky after touching it. That's how the players stick into a Question/Opinion/Suggestion and generally anything that can be a thread.

- ...even if it's brought up a few times, the thread being sticky... just doesn't seem right to me. Perhaps a notification or something..?

Level 19
Just let them stay, they do contribute to the site in the way, by helping to get more members, and they should download Hive's stuff once in a while, which is also playing a part in making Hive better...

Level 3
Wait a second. How do they contribute to site if they arent active and never posted before? ,,by helping to get more members" haha if he visited site only once, it means that he is not interested in site, so why would he bring someone else for site if he himself isnt interested?

Level 19
Well, we could give them a chance because at least they did help to add to the member count, unlike those who only visit hive once to download something and just cancel without even bothering to become a member in case they might want to help out at times...

Level 9
@ Desolator
- I don't really think he means that the "inactive guy" will directly bring friends, but might download some maps/other resources, which shows the maker that the thing he did was downloaded, therefore it was usefull for someone. Plus if the "inactive guy" is pleased with the download, that will motivate him to comment 'n rate, which is even a greater contribution. Don't forget that the number of "Downloads" and the "Rating" is the main criteria for quick searching.

@ Miss_Foxy
- The user that is mentioned would be the "Tottaly Inactive Guy" that doesn't visit the forum in a looooooong time, so doesn't contribute in anything besides fakely increasing the Number of Members.

- Either way the conclusion is still the same, there is absolutely no reason to do the cleaning.

EDIT: Damn, Foxy's fast!

Well, we could give them a chance because at least they did help to add to the member count, unlike those who only visit hive once to download something and just cancel without even bothering to become a member in case they might want to help out at times...

- Adding the member count isn't a clear plus, 'cause if he's gonna be inactive for the rest of his life then the account exists only as a number, not as a user (like it should properly be). So you are basically comparing the ones that come, download and leave, with the ones that come, register, download and then leave. Doesn't make a point to me.

Level 3
- Adding the member count isn't a clear plus, 'cause if he's gonna be inactive for the rest of his life then the account exists only as a number, not as a user (like it should properly be). So you are basically comparing the ones that come, download and leave, with the ones that come, register, download and then leave. Doesn't make a point to me.

And that is awesome explanation, just what I want to say! I totally agree with that....

Level 10
"Ban neg rep guys!?" - That's just Heartless!!! They can always change.

"Ban inactive users!?" - Blasphemy!!! That's just omfg.

"What about these 1 - post count guys?" Its good for us, They may not support THW with their own hands, but their acc's increases THW member count by 1. High number = Bigger popularity.

"Space usage!?" 1 Terabyte and THW could have some millions of users or even more, regardless who makes more garbage.

"Sticky?" Its a lil dart which helps thread pages to not fall down.
Why sticky this? I mean really... All answers are given - No changes, no banning and all that crap, so why continue this =P ?

Status
Not open for further replies.