1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Do you have good ideas for new contests? If so, please open new threads in the Contest Submission sub-forum to discuss them.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Inactive Users

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by Hakeem, Jun 5, 2007.

?

See question below.

1. Yes

45 vote(s)
    54.9%
  2. No

37 vote(s)
    45.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolverabid

Wolverabid

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Consider it done.

~ Threads merged.

2. Narrat0r

Narrat0r

Resources:
    Resources:
    I was searching for a user in the Members List, and I just, out of fun, wanted to see what was the earliest leaving of the hive... And i saw like 400 or more users that have ever been in the Hive from 2004-2007. I think that users that are absent for that long should be removed or banned, since the site with lots of inactive users is like a book without lots of pages. It's a shame that Hive has so many users that have once seen it, told the tale, and left forever. But, there are execeptions: users with very high reputation should be kept. No need for explaining, i will just say: Aeroblyctos and Kitabatake. Ones of the greatest users ever, and will never come back. THEY should be kept in the Hive.
    P.S. Also, users with EXTREMELY low rep should be banned. I saw a user with -48 rep. And he's still there.... with 5 cute red gems.

3. HINDYhat

HINDYhat

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    There really is no point to removing or banning old users. They don't really clutter the site at all.

4. Narrat0r

Narrat0r

Resources:
    Resources:
    But there IS lots of them.

5. Pyritie

Pyritie

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Why? They don't take up much file space at all, so that's not an issue.
    Why ban them? They haven't done anything wrong and they could suddenly become active again.
    Most of the members just came here to download resources and make the occasional comment or post in the requests/map dev forum.
    I wouldn't say they're the greatest users ever.
    Those users tend to not go to the hive any more. No need to ban them unless they come back. (As for inverted, he just got a lot of negrep for rep whoring)

6. HINDYhat

HINDYhat

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    It's not as if old inactive users actually bother anyone. I mean, when you come to Hive, you wouldn't even notice them unless you're specifically looking for them.

7. Coolty44

Coolty44

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    You arn't allowed to complain about -48 rep, becuase I saw a -666 rep awhile ago.

Removing users for being inactive wouldn't really serve much of a point. I mean, theres more space being wasted with thousands of locked threads then users I bet, not to mention that theres lots of resources that probably sit in the deleted/rejected area that users might ingore, and waste space with too

8. bounty hunter2

bounty hunter2

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No point really, I was inactive for three years before I returned. So you see that inactive members might return.

9. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    lmao that's funny. Go inactive and get banned xD

10. Rocker742

Rocker742

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I was inactive for a couple years too.. eheheh..

11. VergilThazaar

VergilThazaar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Same here, and look at me now!!!:cool: ..oh right you can't:hohum:

12. Desolator

Desolator

Resources:
    Resources:
    As I can see ,,Join Date: Jul 2007", so 2 years aren't ,,couple years"

13. VergilThazaar

VergilThazaar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Mayby express your opinion on the original topic rather than "what's gonna be" off topic?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  14. Desolator

Desolator

Resources:
    Resources:
    Maybe I didnt ask you anything. So please... just stay cool okay?

15. VergilThazaar

VergilThazaar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm always cool, anyway what do you really think about the topic? Should the inactive users be Deleted/Banned?

16. Desolator

Desolator

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, to answer directly, I dont think that they should get banned, like Pyritie said they did not do anything bad or wrong to get banned. About deleting, I can agree, that some old users with 0 posts and whose last visit was day when they registered, should be removed. Because we all know if they are registered in 2004,2005,2006 and last activity was in day when they was registered, they will never return, they forgot about site. However, personally I dislike when someone just register for nothing, without planing to post, visit or do anything in site. But with other way, I dont really think that they should also be removed because of one great reson: For such job, lot of time is required. I doubt anyone would search for such users. VergilThazaar, was this enough?

17. VergilThazaar

VergilThazaar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes, thank you, but you missed something else Pyritie said...
    ...so cleaning the member's list up from inactive users (which if happened earlier would clean me too) has no pros, only cons.

18. Desolator

Desolator

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, you are right, I read that from Pyritie but forgot to mention in my post. But like I said, I didnt mean to clean people like you, only who are registered, and never visited site again. Its pointless to keep such users (I dont think they are even users, they have empty accaunts, and most of them if no all forgot about this site)... Of course users , it to late now to do that, its waste of time. Also like you said those accaunts use low of size, so ... its all pointless, it should stay just like that it is.

19. Pyritie

Pyritie

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Plus a bigger user count makes us seem more active :p