• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

User Accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
The Hive Workshop

User Account Rules

Hive Workshop users are encouraged to maintain only one user account to access the site and take part in its activities. Under certain unusual circumstances users may create an additional user account.

If another account exists or is created users must report their new (or secondary) account in THW's Admin Contact forum. The report must indicate:
  1. The primary username and e-mail address.
  2. The secondary username and e-mail address.
  3. The reason(s) for which the additional account exists or is being created.
Users detected to be using I.P. hiding software or maintaining multiple user accounts without permission from the administration may be banned.

Last edited:
Level 12
Odd signs of danger in Hiveworkshop

I'm maybe not the most brilliant person on earth, but I'm smart enough to figure out whats going on right now.

If you take a look at the Map Development sub forum, or maybe other forums which I have not looked into, there has been a series of noob postings that are encountered by mods, either moved or deleted.

Now all of this happened in three - six days and that tells me there is something wrong. Either a phenomenal increase in noob posters occured or someone is trying to screw hiveworkshop.

Technically by posting up various noob posts, first of all it will distract the focus of the forum. Secondly it will kick out some of the threads from page 1. Thirdly to newcomers or maybe to users, gives a bad image of hiveworkshop ("forum full of noobs" Captain Griffen said in a conversation with me).

All of this also happened after the news about forum improvement was released. So think guys, is there someone out there looking for trouble?

Evidence of noob posters at map development forum:
05-04-2007 - Evel Muffen
05-04-2007 - Roosterkin123
05-07-2007 - Doron
05-06-2007 - Ancient_Mystic
05-06-2007 - No_one87

Average posts: 2 (Ranges from 1-5 only)

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

It's a conspiracy!1!1!11!!!oneone!!

hmmm... well that thread makes you look like a smartass, but lets get back on topic.

Seriously, I think if anyone creates a second, or third or whatever account on the same IP (use some sort of code magic to figure that out when someone registers), then SOMEONE, either admins or mods should get notified, and then THEY can decide whether they should just IP ban the guy or leave him/her alone.

Level 21
off-topic

lets do this. Whenever someone tries to make other account, it automatically ip-bans him, and in account creation dialog, POINT OUT that if you try to make 2 accounts you will get an ip ban. sounds fair?

Amazing how we IP-ban... and yet some1 said that using IP's to see if people vote for themselves on different accounts in contest polls is wrong. So that's just a slap to his face :p

Last edited:
Level 32
Multiple User Accounts

1. Informal policies that relate to this issue have long been in place.
  2. This policy has now been published in THW's FAQ.
  3. A copy of these rules has been appended at the top of this thread.
  4. This thread has been renamed.

Last edited:
Level 12
Last edited:
Level 12
I know, I'm not against them, I was a noob once also, but what if these noobs are intentionally made since they have the same date of registration and maybe same IP. The sudden increase over noob postings is something odd to me. I'm just being suspicous.

Last edited:
Level 32
I consider this issue to have been fully addressed.

DoOs_101: if you have suspicions that other users might be breaking the rules, please post them in the Admin Contact forum.

Other administrators may reopen this thread if they feel that further discussion or clarification is needed.

~ Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.