• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Imported knockback spell but it won't work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi Guys, I have been trying to get this spell to work, Fireball by by Darkt3mpl3r

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-a-148321/?prev=search=knockback&d=list&r=200

However when I import the triggers and object data and follow instalation instructions i get a "Syntax Error" in Jasshelper and my map becomes unplayable.

I also tried testing it in the Fireball map and it seems whenever I add another normal trigger the map breaks even if that trigger has no relevance to the spell at all.

See attached map Fireball by by Darkt3mpl3r

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I only have basic knowledge of triggers so any help would be appreciated?

Attachments

• fireball.w3x
    35.4 KB · Views: 50
Level 7

I downloaded that and installed but when I try to open my map I get 2 errors then WE crashes, its strange bacuse I could use my map in the old JNG editor fine.

"Trigger function doe snot exist in database: IssuePointOrderLocbj"

"Not enough storage space is available to precess command"

Do you know why? Please see attached images for error screenshots.

Attachments

• error1.jpg
    error1.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 118
  • error2.jpg
    error2.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 81
Go to UMSWE -> checkmark "Enable UMSWE". That error occurs most often when you have used a custom TriggerData.txt. UMSWE has WEU functions integrated into it (iirc) so you must have had them enabled when you were making your map. Otherwise, you may have also used EGUI, by Sevion.

You may also want to find those "Custom functions" that you used and replace them with normal functions. Otherwise your map won't be openable in the world editor by other users unless they supplement the necessary TriggerData.txt (it will still run fine in Warcraft 3).

Level 7
Well I got it working by deleting a costum spell i had imported, it looks like there waws costum script in it which was causing the new updated jasshelper to crash. I got the fireball spell working but if I try and edit any of it the map crahses.

I think coding on this advanced level is abit over my head! Nevermind I'll just use the old version. Thanks anyway guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.