• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Import-Problem: Model does not show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Uhmmm guys, I'm a newbie so... please help me! How can I make a downloaded modelfile(Tree) into a doodad. When I make it into a doodad, it only appears as a cube with black spots. I even restarted my WE! Plz help!:goblin_cry:

Obviously that Tree has a custom texture file which requires you to change its path file once it is imported. The path name is most likely to be located from the page you downloaded the tree.

For example, if you have "war3mapImported\Tree.blp" your going to edit it and write this instead "textures\Tree.blp" or just "Tree.blp". One of those will surely work.

Level 17
two cases.
#1 do you have frozen throne or regular wc3 ? the palm tree texture is found only in the frozen throne expansion.
#2 you are attempting to replace a destructable tree not a doodad, the model in question does not seem to be working as destructable tree (possibly lacks birth/tree eat animations ?)

Level 2
Yep. I've tried everything. Still... the cat still hides itself. :-( . Okay... maybe I just have to give this up. I'll try to learn more knowledge. Thanks guys! :)

Level 23
Moved to World Editor Help Zone for you to get some more ideas and help on your problem.

(WEHZ is the better place to ask for general WE questions, while the Terrain Board is more fitting for questions regarding terraining, level design and everything around those two.)

Level 2
Maker, you're a saver. Thank you very much guys. Yeah... I knew the problem. I don't make it as a doodad, I make it as a destructible.... so, that's pretty much the problem. Again, thank you all. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.