• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Immobilise Unit w/o abilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to immobilise, or slow down almost completely, a unit without using abilities? If not, what would you recommend for that? Tornado Slow is currently causing problems, and a negative value of boots of speed ability doesn't work. I could try casting ensnare, but that requires the creation of a dummy and I want to limit overhead as much as I can + i dont know if that would interrupt orders or now.

The unit's orders must not be disrupted.

Set movement speed to 0 via triggers... you can also reset if iirc.
Ofc, this will interrupt move :D

Yeah, I probably should have mentionned orders except move :D

If you want unit to be completely immobilised, you could set unit's prop window to 0 (by triggers). That has a similar effect to ensnare, meaning that the unit can turn but not move. I'm not 100% sure about orders, but they shouldn't be affected.

Oh, that should be exactly what I need.

SetUnitPropWindow(unit, 0) and SetUnitPropWindow(unit, GetUnitDefaultPropWindow(unit)) will do the trick. It won't even interrupt oders (unlike f.ex. ensnare). The unit will still be able to turn, use ranged attacks or attack, it just can not move.

Aw nice! Thanks, works flawlessly.

Nope, the projectiles come from the unit and home in if necessary, but the unit doesn't play its attack animation when launching the projectile. That was looking weird to me, so adding the cargo hold ability while the prop window was set to 0 worked great. The channeling spells don't get interrupted when that ability is added, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.