1. Are you planning to upload your awesome spell or system to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Seek unity between the elements in the 22nd Terraining Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Seize the moment! The 18th Mini Mapping Contest has commenced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Illidan Hero Concept

Submitted by chopinski
This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
[​IMG]

[​IMG]
[​IMG]
Illidan Stormrage, The Betrayer and the first of the Demon Hunters. Illidan, in this Hero Concept, is a main Melee Assassin specialized in countering Magic damage and Spell casters. Thanks to all that have been credited for their awesome work on models, effects, icons and code library's, and please, if you find that no credit was given to you for your work here or credit were given by mistake, let me know, so I can fix it. Enjoy!

[​IMG]
  • YourArthas and the Rebirth Team
  • Henry and the Warcraft Underground
  • FrIkY
  • Vexorian
  • Mythic
  • Magtheridon96
  • Bribe
  • BLazeKraze
  • Darkfang
  • BETABABY
  • Blizzard
10/18/2020
  • Requirement Systems updated to their latest versions.
  • New Library
    PluginSpellEffect
  • Spells that require SpellEffectEvent by Bribe now also requires the new library.
11/02/2020
11/23/2020
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
For those who cant open the map due to a problem in the editor when trying to load Object Data, get the Object Data here.
Contents

Hero Concept (Map)

1. chopinski

chopinski

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    If your world editor cant open the map because of an Object Data error, here is the Object Data for you to import

Attached Files:

2. hemmedo

hemmedo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice work mate, but you could've been more creative if you added more original skills such as "Dive" or "Sweeping Strike" from HotS...that would make it more interesting. Or "Fel Beam" into his demon form. This is just regular Illidan with same but improved abilities. Still awesome though:)

3. chopinski

chopinski

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Similar to Samuro, i think Illidan original kit is pretty good but it lacked some "juice" for his playstyle, so i wanted to leverage and improve upon some of his original conepts, like evasion. Tbh, i never liked Illidan spells from HOTS, the spells that you metioned, Dive and Sweeping Strike are basically the same, a dash that do damage at the end, so it felt not that "cool" to do just that, so i came up Adaptive Strike and Spell Shield instead, but i got your point, this is just my view of him. I thought of creating a Fel Eye Beam for him, like in the cinematic from Legion, and it would fit pretty good for his Demon form, but i wanted his last spell to be useful for both of his forms, and since i played around him being a counter spell caster, mana burn with extra touch fit pretty well i think. Anyway, thx for the reply.

4. hemmedo

hemmedo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah sure, it's all subjective, I myself enjoy Illidan a lot in HotS because he feels extremely agile, can do all those crazy stuff and pursue enemies forever:)

Your reasons are understandable though. But at least you could've added Fel Eye Beam which is like the most iconic spell of Illidan nowadays. It would've looked awesome with that cool flying demonic form. One exclusive ranged spell for that form would make the transformation more interesting in my opinion.

Anyways, do Tichondrius next!:)

5. Jaccouille

Jaccouille

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Very nice post, I am eager to see more.

6. Tier10Trash

Tier10Trash

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    another excellent hero concept. the only thing that needs fixed is the deactivate immolation needing a disabled icon. it shows as the green box when you have the menu open.

otherwise, i agree that the standard illidan pack is fairly solid and is made even better with these bonuses. however, an additional spell or effect being added somewhere to set him apart from the melee version but not making him the HoTs version could be useful. for example while his flying metamorphosis is active, he creates flames of azzinoth that get stronger with the amount of mana he burns off enemies. i would also suggest adding a cancel button for metamorphosis in case you want to use the fear effect more effectively