• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Illidan Hero Concept

DQyI3KC.png

ur6wNav.png
2u82piF.png

Illidan Stormrage, The Betrayer and the first of the Demon Hunters. Illidan, in this Hero Concept, is a main Melee Assassin specialized in countering Magic damage and Spell casters. Thanks to all that have been credited for their awesome work on models, effects, icons and code library's, and please, if you find that no credit was given to you for your work here or credit were given by mistake, let me know, so I can fix it. Enjoy!

Adapted Warrior

Evasion

Immolation

Adaptive Strike

Spell Shield

Metamorphosis

Mana Burn

SU50yCV.png

cNrBEYM.gif

Q7CguYX.png

Lo65jCz.gif

cKzU7ZX.png

GqKNNpl.gif

BWTErwl.png

0F0pTFg.gif

Lp7pVXF.png

lsl2FmE.gif

X4qZayw.png

3UpOXEi.gif

q4jvCfS.png

MvwLs8p.gif

RSb9Ne8.png

• YourArthas and the Rebirth Team
  • Henry and the Warcraft Underground
  • FrIkY
  • Vexorian
  • Mythic
  • Magtheridon96
  • Bribe
  • BLazeKraze
  • Darkfang
  • BETABABY
  • Blizzard

10/18/2020
  • Requirement Systems updated to their latest versions.
  • New Library PluginSpellEffect
  • Spells that require SpellEffectEvent by Bribe now also requires the new library.
11/02/2020
11/23/2020
04/30/2021
  • Concept ported to LUA
  • Updated the required systems to their latest versions
05/11/2021
  • Updated to use the latest version of the requirement libraries
06/06/2021
01/13/2022
01/01/2023
  • Metamorphosis v1.3
    • Updated to use the new CrowdControl system
02/04/2023
  • Spell Shield v1.3
    • Spell Shield now fully utilizes the Crowd Control library to block disables instead of using the Spell Block dummy ability.

For those who cant open the map due to a problem in the editor when trying to load Object Data, get the Object Data here.
Contents

Hero Concept (Map)

Hero Concept (Map)

Reviews
MyPad
A well-done Hero concept, although this one is a bit plain compared to the others. Nicely done, as usual. Status: Approved
Level 8
Nice work mate, but you could've been more creative if you added more original skills such as "Dive" or "Sweeping Strike" from HotS...that would make it more interesting. Or "Fel Beam" into his demon form. This is just regular Illidan with same but improved abilities. Still awesome though:)

Level 20
Nice work mate, but you could've been more creative if you added more original skills such as "Dive" or "Sweeping Strike" from HotS...that would make it more interesting. Or "Fel Beam" into his demon form. This is just regular Illidan with same but improved abilities. Still awesome though:)

Similar to Samuro, i think Illidan original kit is pretty good but it lacked some "juice" for his playstyle, so i wanted to leverage and improve upon some of his original conepts, like evasion. Tbh, i never liked Illidan spells from HOTS, the spells that you metioned, Dive and Sweeping Strike are basically the same, a dash that do damage at the end, so it felt not that "cool" to do just that, so i came up Adaptive Strike and Spell Shield instead, but i got your point, this is just my view of him. I thought of creating a Fel Eye Beam for him, like in the cinematic from Legion, and it would fit pretty good for his Demon form, but i wanted his last spell to be useful for both of his forms, and since i played around him being a counter spell caster, mana burn with extra touch fit pretty well i think. Anyway, thx for the reply.

Level 8
Yeah sure, it's all subjective, I myself enjoy Illidan a lot in HotS because he feels extremely agile, can do all those crazy stuff and pursue enemies forever:)

Your reasons are understandable though. But at least you could've added Fel Eye Beam which is like the most iconic spell of Illidan nowadays. It would've looked awesome with that cool flying demonic form. One exclusive ranged spell for that form would make the transformation more interesting in my opinion.

Anyways, do Tichondrius next!:)

another excellent hero concept. the only thing that needs fixed is the deactivate immolation needing a disabled icon. it shows as the green box when you have the menu open.

otherwise, i agree that the standard illidan pack is fairly solid and is made even better with these bonuses. however, an additional spell or effect being added somewhere to set him apart from the melee version but not making him the HoTs version could be useful. for example while his flying metamorphosis is active, he creates flames of azzinoth that get stronger with the amount of mana he burns off enemies. i would also suggest adding a cancel button for metamorphosis in case you want to use the fear effect more effectively

mr chopinski bro lol, your concept are just amazing and so much fun, this illidan set is tough as hell. Lol i got a problem with the fear though, me and friend have 1v1 dota style map going for playing around with our newly created factions while setting up skill sets for heroes. so when he uses the metamorphosis and the groups of enemies get feared, it works all fine, except that it my heros' level is reset back to 1 and also lose my skills, and giving me extra hp. so something is wrong here, i am not familiar in any jass type stuff to know exactly what the problem is, my initial thoughts here of looking through, would be the bear form skill being used for fear, you reckon we can use a different skill that wouldnt try to change the form to an alternate unit? as being the issued order, would technically try to change it forms (blaming blizzard for this nonsense lol) so im thinking this is why its resetting my level and stuff and not sure what to think about the hp being added either.
So whatcha reckon there mate?

EDIT: oh well i did end up adjusting the bearform skill that was being used for fear, to berserker, and now its working without resetting heros. sorry to keep finding problems here though, its like not intentional lol,
so the new problem i got is still with the fear, So using your Samuro Hero Concept, with his illusions, i was in a mimic of windwalk with all them, heading to attack the demon hunter that my friend is playing, he uses metamorphosis and fears everything, now this feared the illusions and stuff and caused a Player Desync and kicked my friend out of the game, left me in there though, so what ups with the illusions, you got any ideas there chopinski? lol

Last edited:
Level 2
This Illidan abilities are just Amazing ! Im having so much fun with this hero, awesome job done here!
Thanks for sharing this, the only problem here is that i found this so late :D anyways gj nice

A well-done Hero concept, although this one is a bit plain compared to the others.
Nicely done, as usual.

In the SpellShield library, the following block could logically be improved into the following: (This is actually nitpicky)

JASS:
// Old code
static if LIBRARY_Metamorphosis then
    if GetUnitAbilityLevel(Damage.target.unit, Metamorphosis_BUFF) > 0 then
        set height = GetUnitZ(Damage.target.unit) + 400
    else
        set height = GetUnitZ(Damage.target.unit) + 100
    endif
else
endif

// New code
static if LIBRARY_Metamorphosis then
    if GetUnitAbilityLevel(Damage.target.unit, Metamorphosis_BUFF) > 0 then
        set height = GetUnitZ(Damage.target.unit) + 400
    endif
endif

Approved​

Level 8
Spell shield doesnt work anymore (I just downloaded the Hero Concept. no changes made)
I opened the Jass Version (with Latest Wc3 update) and after activating the Spell the Hero doesnt gain bonus Damage and the ''Shield'' Special Effect doesnt show

I have question (or questions rather) because i have been away for awhile, so i need to obviously update a bunch of systems. But the question is, Has there been any significant changes to the fear system? As my problem from few years ago being that, the fear would cause player desyncs and/or crash thier game. So I am curious if that was ever fixed, but then brings up another question, Was these concepts never meant to be used in a player vs player map? because that was the problem with fear when it was player vs player, works fine in player(s) vs computer(s). So just that info i am after. Not sure if its still same or not, currently don't have someone to do a player vs player test with.

Level 20
I have question (or questions rather) because i have been away for awhile, so i need to obviously update a bunch of systems. But the question is, Has there been any significant changes to the fear system? As my problem from few years ago being that, the fear would cause player desyncs and/or crash thier game. So I am curious if that was ever fixed, but then brings up another question, Was these concepts never meant to be used in a player vs player map? because that was the problem with fear when it was player vs player, works fine in player(s) vs computer(s). So just that info i am after. Not sure if its still same or not, currently don't have someone to do a player vs player test with.
The fear system that I use in my concepts was created by myself and it is multiplayer safe, so you can use it without worrying about desyncs. Cant say the same about any other fear system you might use, but mine is safe because I don't use any GetLocalPlayer() blocks. You can use any of my system/concepts in multiplayer.

The fear system that I use in my concepts was created by myself and it is multiplayer safe, so you can use it without worrying about desyncs. Cant say the same about any other fear system you might use, but mine is safe because I don't use any GetLocalPlayer() blocks. You can use any of my system/concepts in multiplayer.
Ahh ok, i was just looking at it now, seems my previous issues from awhile back have been changed, yet to test in a versus but looks good. drunken haze seems to work much better than metamorphosis did (and my berserk replacement too back then for it aha)