• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
We are working on a Warhammer 40,000 TD WMW kinda map.

Every player should be able to spawn monsters and they should be able to upgrade their building. How many times should they be able to upgrade and how should the spawns be? The -spawn command will not be available cause it will only make it so people could build in one place (maze together) and all the creeps would come there so should the spawn turnoff on leave or what? what if it only was the people like gray who was left?

Level 2
thats a hard one... how many players have we got to work with? The max ive seen in WMW is 5v5....

I can tell you that I have had extensive WMW experiance... so i might be a good source for this map....

Whats the plans for layout? maybe 2 smallish versions of the current, with enemies spawning in all corners...

Sorta like this
40KWars.jpg

the red lines are move paths. Players can only build in the Green boxes.

That pic is massivly off scale... Imagine the player areas big enough for a good maze...

The gap being so huge between the middle and the outter areas is to avoid stolen kills....
Maybe limit each player to one race....

What do you think?

Level 21
i think the terrain should be changed a little because otherwise tis the same as the current map, but with a different tileset, mabey if u have three channels on either side for the two different teams, and then one channel in the middle for the final defenders of each team.

like this i mean:
for some reason i cant insert image, plz fix.....

also i will help with the triggers if u need any help, and mabey some units coz i can do them ok

Level 2
that terrain looks ok... Ill post more comments later... my brain is still lagged from a Lan Party right now....

Level 2
I would say go with the same units (exactly) from the 40K TD map.

My rough terrain has the monsters in the centrer able to walk around the outside of it. That way its impossbable for the player to block n entrance, and have monsters have to walk around....
One thing you are going to want to do is avoid the possability of monsters trying to goto the center voa the top, then being blocked, and having to go to the bottom...

Maybe have a teamate voting system. A team can opt to kick a player. Usefull if they are playing badly...

Level 2
The real name things are like the "Mega Bosses" in WMW. Level 3 gives you stuff like "Duke Wintermall", "Owlman" and stuff... So mabye if you wanted to do something like that it would be a third level of monsters.

I would say three levels (WMW style) with basic mosnters for level 1, more advanced ones for level 2, and the "Boss Monsters" for level 3.

The one thing you really want to put in is the commands/features of 40KTD. Stuff like Multi-Races (though, make it harder to get), Banking, Fuckoff and stuff...

Also, here is a little Idea I just had, which you might want to look at putting into both 40KTD and 40KCS.
Ok, it was here, then I moved it to the 40KTD "Anything we could do better?" thread

Mastif

M

Mastif

maybe instead of making the spawn building upgrade, there could be a upgrade that made the same monsters tougher and more expensive. That way you dont need a whole bunch of monsters :)

Status
Not open for further replies.