• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Soloing Warhammer 40k TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Some people can probably do it, I'm sure I'm not the only one - but here's a handy guide for those of you who haven't but want to.

First things first - If you want to make it really hard, be red. Otherwise, be grey.

At the start of the game, turn on all spawns by typing -spawn and following things from there. Captain Ralle made it easy enough to accomplish :)

Pick a race you feel suited to. Or one you don't. If you are playing the newest version, you should have 90 gold. Build at the top-left and bottom-right corners of the central donut. Divide the gold evenly to these points; I suggest 4 Dark Eldar Warriors in each of these corners.

With the money that you make from the spawns running through this, you should have enough left over to wind around the center and slightly outward into a maze.

You should also plan on losing a couple lives doing this. It is not easy to get off on the right foot. Once you reach your first peice of lumber, I suggest converting it into 1500 gold immediately and spawning larger units atop the ground along the passage. Continue with this as you see fit.

Game-winning units:

Drazhar, Master of Blades - When you get a lot of lumber, this becomes a masterful creature, so long as there are plenty of them.

Old One Eye - heheheh... eheheheheheh......heheh.

Any of the Chaos Gods - Teach everything. Especially Khorne.

Marneus Calgar - sweeeeet.

C'Tan Star God - Takes everything to SCHOOL. One of these early in the game will hold you off for nearly the rest of it.

Defiler - A pleasant touch of chaos. The splash is what makes this special, and very useful as a sentry.

Starting race suggestions: Go with either Eldar, Dark Eldar, or Tyranids. Orks, while one might think they work, aren't the best for it. Same rules go for Imperial Guard, though I often use them for a second race.

It can be done. So do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.