• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ideas for skills!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Yesterday i was thinking about some skills that maybe will be usefull for the next update...

Necromancer :
[ Death Obelisk ] : summon a death obelisk (model of the outland obelisk), the obelisk gives an aura that the necromancer and his summons get bonus in the normal attack of [10%] and attack speed of [10%] also reduce the attack speed of the enemy around by [10%]. the obelisk lasts for 30 sec and is invulnerable.
45 sec of cooldown. (maybe a talent that inscreases the duration for 45 sec)

Monk :
[ Finger of god ] : Channel all holy energy around for 1.5 sec and cast a single attack that deal a burst of energy at a single target dealing [SP x 1.5] stunning it for 2 sec and after the stun it receive a secondary damage [AGIx1.5] also inscrease the health of the monk by [SP + AGI]. 60 sec of cooldown. (maybe a talent that remove the cast time)

Berserk :
[ Champion's Flag ] : The beserk place a flag in the ground (maybe the orc rally flag model) , that lure monsters that are [1000 range] close, also it inscrease the aggro generated by the beserk by 15% and descrease all other ally aggro by 10%. the flag lasts 30 seconds. 50 sec Cooldown. (maybe a talent that inscrease the duration for 10 sec)

Druid :
[ Storm's Totem ] : Place a totem (maybe the healling ward model) in the ground that creates a lightning storm around the totem in a [1000 range ], the thunder's are random if there is more than 1 enemy at the range, the lightning storm hits every 0.5 sec for 5 seconds dealling [SPx0.75] lightning damage, if the unit is soked with water deal a bonus of [SPx0.15]. The totem lasts 5 sec. 35 sec of Cooldown.
(maybe a talent that inscrease the duration for 1 sec.)

Bishop :
[ Pray for the Sins ] : Remove all the negative effects of all the ally and prevent it from return lasts 30 sec. Cooldown of 75 sec.
(maybe a talent that descrease the cooldown for 15 sec)

Crusader :
[ Angel's Cry ] : Restore all ally health by [10%] per 10 sec, reduce all the damage received by 5% and also gives the crusader a bonus holy damage in the offensive skills of 10% for 15 sec. Cooldown of 90 sec.
(maybe a talent that reduce the damage received by more 5%).

Bard :
[ Silence Melody ] : The bard dash foward dealling [APx3] damage and pass through any enemy, the enemy damaged get silenced for 2 sec (1 sec on bosses). Apply battle rhythm. Can only be used with an instrument equipped. Cooldown of 30 sec. (maybe a talent that gives a bonus lightning damage of [0.25xSP].

Hunter :
[ Backflip ] : The hunter make a backflip (jumps back for 500 range) while shooting 3 arrows in a cone dealing [APx3.0] Damage and reducing the aggro generated by 15%. Cooldown of 60 sec. (maybe a talent that reduces cooldown for 45 sec.)

Assassin :
[ Shuriken's Toss ] : Throw a storm of shurikens at a area dealling [AGIx1] per second during 3 seconds the shuriken reduces the enemy movement speed for [15%] for the duration 3 sec. Cooldown of 20 sec. (maybe a talent that the assassin can use that skill when using invisibility).

Sorceres :
[ Arcane pulse ] : Deal 3 pulse of arcane magic in a 360° each dealling [SPx2] and knockback all enemy. Cooldown of 50 sec. (maybe a talent that reduces the cooldown for 30 sec).

Hexblade :
[ Chain's of death ] : Etangle the target and deal [SPx1.5] damage per second during 4 sec (2 sec etangle duration at bosses but the damage continues). Cooldown of 10 sec. (maybe a talent that stuns the target at the end of the etangle).

Psion :
[ Illusion field ] : Create a field of psionic energy that inscrease the evasion of ally for [10%] the field have [1000 range] the psionic field also regenerated [1%] of the mana every 5 sec and Lasts 30 sec. (maybe a talent that inscrease the mana by more 1%).
(the model of the field could be the invulnerable field cinematic)

Level 9
Damn, dude.
1. I see no way any of them will fit to heroes.
2. Scalings are crappy.
3. Each of them is either OP or useless.
4. Huge AoEs aren't cool.
5. Random spells like ur druids totem aren't cool.
6. You haven't specified vital info about some spells. Like monks hp bonus. How long is it? Is it passive?

Ira

Ira

Level 4
about the psion thing: since there will be skills added and one of them has to compete with psionic blades, maybe there could be a skill lets call it clairvoyance, wich would allow this witchthing to use gems and increase allys evasion or smth.

Ira

Ira

Level 4
maybe useing the gem for clairvoyance stuff or fortune telling could be a sorc thing too

i imagine it like a crystall ball thing

Level 2
Hunter :
[ Backflip ] : The hunter make a backflip (jumps back for 500 range) while shooting 3 arrows in a cone dealing [APx3.0] Damage and reducing the aggro generated by 15%. Cooldown of 60 sec. (maybe a talent that reduces cooldown for 45 sec.)
The Matrix has you...

Level 10
Damn, dude.
1. I see no way any of them will fit to heroes.
2. Scalings are crappy.
3. Each of them is either OP or useless.
4. Huge AoEs aren't cool.
5. Random spells like ur druids totem aren't cool.
6. You haven't specified vital info about some spells. Like monks hp bonus. How long is it? Is it passive?

1. some are support skills for offensive class some are offensive skills for suport class so you can choose between a offensive skill or a suport skill or defensive beserk already have lots of damage skills so i put a support skill on him if you want to do shield beserk for tanking for example...
or storm's totem for offensive druid for example

2. any skill are hard to scale but tnis ones will be late game skills so you will learn then at level 40 or 45

4. not huge they work as areas auras only druid effect would happen in a "huge aoe"

5. why not? think with me there is 3 monsters every 0.5 sec 1 lightning will hit 1 of this 3 or 3 lightning will hit this 3!! it would help a lot for d3 waves or for farming purpose for example. (druids dont have offensive skills anyway not area skills)

6. all the info are specified unless the monk one that is a heal not a bonus health and its instantly (i forget to make it more clear)

Level 5
1. some are support skills for offensive class some are offensive skills for suport class so you can choose between a offensive skill or a suport skill or defensive beserk already have lots of damage skills so i put a support skill on him if you want to do shield beserk for tanking for example...
or storm's totem for offensive druid for example

2. any skill are hard to scale but tnis ones will be late game skills so you will learn then at level 40 or 45

4. not huge they work as areas auras only druid effect would happen in a "huge aoe"

5. why not? think with me there is 3 monsters every 0.5 sec 1 lightning will hit 1 of this 3 or 3 lightning will hit this 3!! it would help a lot for d3 waves or for farming purpose for example. (druids dont have offensive skills anyway not area skills)

6. all the info are specified unless the monk one that is a heal not a bonus health and its instantly (i forget to make it more clear)
Regarding point 5 and d3 farming...Why dont we just go back to the old Imbue Armor triggering Levitate spelldmg then?

Level 5
These are pretty good man!

And DrizztDoUrden, it's unnecessary to be so negative about someone giving only raw concepts or ideas for new skills. These can all be twiched a little bit of course.

Level 9
These are pretty good man!

And DrizztDoUrden, it's unnecessary to be so negative about someone giving only raw concepts or ideas for new skills. These can all be twiched a little bit of course.

I was talking about their quality mostly. Most of them simply can't be coupled with anything or are absurd, like hexs making his enemy in roots for 50%+ time coupled with jolt and stunning after that.

I am not negative to ideas cuz they are raw or have bad numbers. I just say why are they bad as they are. If you can prove that they are good do it. This is public discussion anyway. And why should I ever react nicely to any idea posted here for no reason?

SHBlade

Hosted Project GR
Level 14
Berserker:
Bloodthirst
consumes stacks of Berserker rage and deal 0.2 x number of stacks x ap dmg and healing hero for 60% of the dmg dealt. - I think cd isn't needed cause u have to build up rage stacks again to use it.
So basically u get some self heals at the cost of rage stacks.

Last edited:

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Random Hunter skill suggestions:

Disrupting Shot: The Hunter takes aim for 0,5 seconds and fires an arrow at the target, interrupting it and dealing Xblablabla damage.

Feint Death: The Hunter feigns death. All threat removed on the Hunter. Lasts 20 seconds or until cancelled. (Wow ninja)

Caltrops: The Hunter throws calrops at the selected area. Any enemy inside the area of effect will take physical damage per second and have movement slowed by 60%. Lasts for 5 seconds.

Level 8
Well, they could be added as alternate choices to the current CC, but those caltrops look more like an Assassin thing.

Level 3
Hunter DPS buff

Hunter has massive AoE potential and CC, she doesn't need any more DPS.
She does not need more dps huh , the dps is so laughable and furthermore not even test bosses and foothill bosses are even begging for hunters need to be there. I mean like if u see all the bosses , all the adds (like BM and garg adds) are easily killed by sin , bish(with aoe skill and lvl 50) ,a sorc with fireball and even a necromancer. I know that hunter is specially made for massive aoe creep control and i dont even want to mention zerk which does that better. It's like the thing hunter is specialized at is too easy to cover which makes hunter quite useless compared to other classes. I still want to say that hunter's dps must be heavily buffed or make bosses that summon way harder adds.

Last edited:
Level 1
She does not need more dps huh , the dps is so laughable and furthermore not even test bosses and foothill bosses are even begging for hunters need to be there. I mean like if u see all the bosses , all the adds (like BM and garg adds) are easily killed by sin , bish(with aoe skill and lvl 50) ,a sorc with fireball and even a necromancer. I know that hunter is specially made for massive aoe creep control and i dont even want to mention zerk which does that better. It's like the thing hunter is specialized at is too easy to cover which makes hunter quite useless compared to other classes. I still want to say that hunter's dps must be heavily buffed or make bosses that summon way harder adds.

i think this is one of the most absurd boosts i have seen being asked.

Level 3
much irony in Manipulation's words.

Hunter not needed in a party? I consider hunter core in any party for a few good reasons:

1) 7% crit aura boosts your entire party dps by a good amount. I dont care how much single target damage a unit can deal, its irrelevant when you compare it to boosting an entire party's dps.

2) Again about aura. 7% evasion is not laughable especially with the current crusader meta. Same for ensnare. 20% miss chance for 16 secs (with talent) with a 20sec cd is fucking OP. This increases your crusader's DPS, threat control which effectively gives your ENTIRE PARTY threat reduction which is fucking amazing for the new test bosses.

3) As stated before, foothills content is irrelevant. Any class can maintank, almost any 5-6 man party does not require a healer. High single target DPS means nothing on the upcoming test bosses. The key is sustain and debuffing.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Random ability suggestions vol. 2:

Invisibility: The target ally becomes invisible for 3 seconds. Enemies cannot see the target and will not attack it. Attacks made by the target from behind enemies will deal X% extra damage for the duration.
Damage from area of effect abilities still hits the invisible target and so it isn't invulnerable. Aggro gain is continued as normal while under the effect of Invisibility.

Magical Barrier:
Physical attacks made against the friendly target for the next 5 seconds also reflect back on the attacker. Does nothing against attacks to the back.

Exorcism (Crusader): The Crusader removes one buff on an enemy target or one debuff on a friendly target. Undead and Demon targets also take X x SP holy damage.

Unholy Armor (to stay in WC2) (Necromancer):
The target's hitpoints are reduced to 30% of total hitpoints, but the target takes 90% less damage from all sources during the duration. Lasts 6 seconds.

Overcharge (Hexblade): The Hexblade's attack strike targets with such force that it also strikes enemies in a line behind the target. Lasts 5 seconds.

Soul Drain (necromancer): The target is struck by a wraith, leeching it's life essence, dealing X x SP shadow damage and further striking up to 2 nearby enemy targets before returning to the necromancer and converting the damage dealt to hitpoints.

Level 3
Hunter not needed in a party? I consider hunter core in any party for a few good reasons:

1) 7% crit aura boosts your entire party dps by a good amount. I dont care how much single target damage a unit can deal, its irrelevant when you compare it to boosting an entire party's dps.

2) Again about aura. 7% evasion is not laughable especially with the current crusader meta. Same for ensnare. 20% miss chance for 16 secs (with talent) with a 20sec cd is fucking OP. This increases your crusader's DPS, threat control which effectively gives your ENTIRE PARTY threat reduction which is fucking amazing for the new test bosses.

3) As stated before, foothills content is irrelevant. Any class can maintank, almost any 5-6 man party does not require a healer. High single target DPS means nothing on the upcoming test bosses. The key is sustain and debuffing.

Don't get me wrong but are u saying hunter is more like a support class? If that's the idea then i have nothing to say.

Level 3
Not entirely a support class. Hunter is still primarily a dps class with uber utility. Dps with utility > pure dps classes for reasons i already mentioned. Higher team dps > higher solo dps

Level 1
SHOTS FIRED! xD

Com on Zwieb !!! be honest! i didnt ask for boost, i suggested something NEW if you consider its too powerful, there are always ways to nerf it and you know it !!! ffs i play many classes why would i care to boost only a specific class:vw_wtf: Gaias doesnt even have PVP to justify it that way plus this skill seems like the worst skill for PVP... :vw_death::vw_sad: .....

(the rest are ignored, cant see their posts!) Q+Q

SHBlade

Hosted Project GR
Level 14
That feeling when u suggest simple zerker's skill and then wild hunter shitstorm appears.

Imo hutner is fine, she got amazing party buff and still pulls some nice dps along with aoes (no gonna mention 50% crit rate lol).

Ira

Ira

Level 4
with the anymal stances thing comming back alot of people liked the idea and i just thought of the thing:
give the monk one ability that he uses on one of the animals and then gets a buff based on the animal and can only have one of those buffs at a time. the animals that are in the game right now are wolf, spider, crab, boar, crow and bear if i am not mistaken. and the wolf could grant some offensive bonus while the crab could be more of a defensive thing

Level 1
But there isnt another fighting Monk in west zwieb. Its only the Shaolins and they belong to the east...... Nvm....

Actually i have been doing research these days regarding the animal Stances/Styles but i think the styles dont fit the Monk in gaias due to how skills and everything function in gaias already. Why?? Well what i had in mind was that there would be lets say 5 basic animal stances and players would be able to choose only 1. After choosing the stance/style you will get passive stats bonuses (depending on the animal style) but also more complicated passive and active skills. But well... i as i said i dont see this happing in Gaias.. it requires too many changes and stuff (i think).

Last edited:
Level 3
But there isnt another a fighting Monk in west zwieb. Its only the Shaolins and they belong to the east...... Nvm....

Actually i have been doing research these days regarding the animal Stances/Styles but i think the styles dont fit the Monk in gaias due to how skills and everything function in gaias already. Why?? Well what i had in mind was that there would be lets say 5 basic animal stances and players would be able to choose only 1. After choosing the stance/style you will get passive stats bonuses (depending on the animal style) but also more complicated passive and active skills. But well... i as i said i dont see this happing in Gaias.. it requires too many changes and stuff (i think).

to save you effort and from others reading your suggestions, lets just say that NONE of what you suggested so far will even come close to even being a rough idea on what you expect in gaias for the any forseeable future.

Status
Not open for further replies.