• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Monk 1.2B(14) feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I think this class lacks physical damage build. Or you (Zwieb) didnt made him with purely physical damager in mind??
I personally would like to see physical and elemental oriented Monk paths.

Focused Mind (new skill)
The monk goes into deep mental state focusing his energy for 10 seconds (if you get hit you will be interrupted). His next standard attack will deal AP x10 physical damage and either:
1)Stun the target for 5 seconds (2,5 seconds on a boss).
OR
2)Slow the move speed of the target by 60% for 10 seconds (5 for bosses).
OR
3)Blind the target, reducing its chance to hit by 60% for 10 seconds (5 for bosses).
OR
4)Reduce the target's casting speed by 60% for 10 seconds (5 for bosses).
OR
5)Deal damage equel of 50% of the targets max life (15% for bosses).

-----

And now i have the best idea ever for Monk.
Introduction of -> Animal Stances.
I havent thought of the possible stances yet, plus it requires a little research so that they can make sense and fit the Monk. One rule that came to my mind, is that it should be possible to speciliaze only in one Stance.

Ill prob come up with some suggestions these days. BUt OFC anyone that knows about Monks (real monks) should suggest.

Last edited:
Level 5
I think this class lacks physical damage build. Or you (Zwieb) didnt made him with purely physical damager in mind??
I personally would like to see physical and elemental oriented Monk paths.

Focused Mind (new skill)
The monk goes into deep mental state focusing his energy for 10 seconds (if you get hit you will be being interrupted). His next standard attack will deal AP x10 physical damage and either:
1)Stun the target for 5 seconds (2,5 seconds on a boss).
OR
2)Slow the move speed of the target by 60% for 10 seconds (5 for bosses).
OR
3)Blind the target, reducing its chance to hit by 60% for 10 seconds (5 for bosses).
OR
4)Reduce the target's casting speed by 60% for 10 seconds (5 for bosses).
OR
5)Deal damage equel of 50% of the targets max life (15% for bosses).

-----

And now i have the best idea ever for Monk.
Introduction of -> Animal Stances.
I havent thought of the possible stances yet, plus it requires a little research so that they can make sense and fit the Monk. One rule that came to my mind, is that it should be possible to speciliaze only in one Stance.

Ill prob come up with some suggestions these days. BUt OFC anyone that knows about Monks (real monks) should suggest.

monk is an autoattack caster tank.Having that in mind Focused Mind will always get interrupted cause you always get hit

Level 3
Pls Zhewjh giv monk x10 ap skillz no cooldown and bigger tits or i repor u.

:ogre_kawaii:

Adding more stances = Good.

Level 5
Pls Zhewjh giv monk x10 ap skillz no cooldown and bigger tits or i repor u.

:ogre_kawaii:

Adding more stances = Good.

If you want tits i suggest you head to ranger or mystic :D However zweb can you pls tell me why do you still keep those trolls iin the forum?:D

Level 3
If you want tits i suggest you head to ranger or mystic :D However zweb can you pls tell me why do you still keep those trolls iin the forum?:D

Man, the monk has some glorious mantits.:ogre_hurrhurr:

Indeed, but I just couldn't control myself after reading 2 of his prepotent ass threads. :ogre_kawaii:

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

Lol.

Anyways 10x and 15% is clearly too high. One of the strongest skills in the game, Crippling Curse, deals 7x over time, This is 3x int higher and burst?? Not to mention the 15%. But even if there were balanced numbers, it's still not a well designed skill. A random ability with 5 outcomes is too random, not a good thing. Focusing energy for 10 sec is way too much. It doesn't fit in with his role, or his other skill set.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.