• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.2B(15) released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...1-2b-15-a-144066/?prev=status=a&u=Zwiebelchen

BUGFIXES/GENERAL:
- Replaced some core systems with newer, more up-to-date systems, hopefully fixing some issues with crashes and permanent buffs
- NOTE: Please keep me informed if permanent buffs still happen or not; this is not something that is easy to reproduce, so I kind of have to apply bugfixes in sprinkler fashion
- Implemented new stat: Hit Chance (counters Evasion)
- Gold penalty when dying removed from the game
- Lord of Caverns: Increased life
- Lord of Caverns: Battering Ram damage is now dependant on the distance to the target
- Lord of Caverns: Battering Ram is now a random target ability (prefers heroes over minions)
- Overseer: Increased life
- Overseer: Reduced Cooldown on Mass Teleport
- Bladefury and Opportunist can now be properly interrupted by stuns or interrupt effects
- Fixed a bug that allowed learning both first tier spells when clicking rapidly on the skill selector buttons
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused "Chorus" to not apply the damage/heal effect properly
- Servant of the Skies can now attack air units and will perform "Claw Strike" and "Beast Fury" from a distance (just like normal attacks)
- Fixed a bug that prevent town portals from triggering their cooldown
- Fixed a bug that caused Gargoyle to lose the steal marker when changing it's form
- Fixed a bug that instantly removed spawned blue souls after disenchanting three green souls
- 'Bottle of Whine' no longer grants any stats
- 'Deathfire Veil' will no longer redirect threat caused from minions to the Necromancer
- Fixed a bug with Frostbite Arrow affecting allies
- Fixed a bug with low to midlevel bosses sometimes not dropping any items
- Fixed a bug that caused certain talents to not properly apply if abilities were selected after picking talents
- Lightning charge can now be cast on air units
- Fixed a terrain leak near the beacon tower
- Fixed Zharo'khen AI
- Riding Turtle now has a faster walk animation
- Made the SFX of Holy Surge less aggressive and moved the ring art more towards the feet of the target
- Corrected tooltip of Warcry buff
- Embrittling acid now scales with AGI instead of the character level
- Detonating Bones armor reduction now scales with SP instead of the character level
- Jolting Strikes damage modifier increased from 0.5 to 1.0
- Shield Throw will now deal the remaining hits against the currently affected target if no other unit is within range
- Dancing Blade damage will now ignore armor of the target
- Soul Strike no longer does reduced damage when under the effect of 'Weakened Soul'
- Corrected tooltip from the evasion damage reduction talent
- Ensnare now works on bosses (at a drastically reduced immobilize duration, followed by a slow for the remaining duration) and also reduces the chance to hit of the target by 20%
- Burst of Light cooldown reduced to 90 seconds
- Added a 30% haste bonus to Symbol of Fury and increased attackspeed bonus by 5%
- Divine Fist now doubles ArP score of the monk, but elemental damage bonus applied is now 2% per stack across the board, including monks
- Divine Fist stacks will now also be applied if the monk deals physical ability damage (instead of just auto attacks)
- Ressurection now works like Life Infusion
- Life Infusion and Ressurection now only heal the target by 50% and grant only 20% mana instead of 30%.
- Using Dazing Trap and Explosive Trap in combat will no longer trigger a cooldown
- Several talents have been revamped or replaced by new ones (more talent changes following throughout the next updates)
- Skeletons under influence of Deathfire Veil and the Servant of the Skies are no longer affected by Broodmother Chrysalis ability
- Load limit has been removed
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused Vaults to disappear when a player without a vault leaves the game

Level 8
Yes.

No death penalty:
outwE.gif

-40Armor acid is pretty hardcore.

Last edited:

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

Wow, those are some HUGE buffs to bishop. Thanks for the update!

Has the water globes no-cd/no-casttime exploit been fixed?

(edit) Answer: yes, it's just unlisted.

Level 8
Zwieb, seeing as you're rebalancing some skills, you should probably take a look at inspire again. 150MP singletarget at lvl50 for 160CD is pretty unimpressive, even necro can beat that (with AoE to boot). Maybe the songs could be rebalanced for stats aswell. Acid multiplier is a bit high, I think 0.25x would be better.

Level 10
The farm and dungeon bots are now running 1.2b(15) :D

EDIT:
Just read the patch notes and I am not too crazy about these two changes to be honest:

I feel like you SHOULD be punished for dying and you need to lose something, also I think having two different types of resurrections is huge. The Bishops res should be able to res fast maybe out of combat, but in combat it should remain a long channel. Druids finally got the long overdue res that they needed and I think their res's mechanics SHOULD be different than the bishops res. If you plan on scrapping gold loss and just allowing every healer to battle res you might as well just remove the entire revive system and just make it instant (which I do not think is a good idea). There should be toss-up's when it comes to the healers you choose to bring into your party. A big advantage in new content for having a druid in the party was the option to battle res, while with bishops you can get shields and aoe heals.

however:
- Life Infusion and Ressurection now only heal the target by 50% and grant only 20% mana instead of 30%.

I do agree that the res shouldn't be full HP/Mana and I enjoy this change XD

I'm kind of indifferent about this one:
- Load limit has been removed

On one hand it makes things MUCH more convenient, but on another hand having a load limit forces players to remake games periodically which gets old players with new. Players will just stay in the same games now without remaking and old players will not blend much with new as a result.

Just my two cents.

Last edited:
Level 2
- Several talents have been revamped or replaced by new ones (more talent changes following throughout the next updates)

Any chance getting some details here? Would appreciate it very much.

Edit: not on upcoming content ofc, i'd like to know which talents got changed without having to rotate through each class and double checking with talent database to figure out the changes by myself.

Level 7
I agree with you in theory s0ul, but we simply have no way of actually enforcing the penalty. People just repick and then leave the game if enough deaths happen, very rarely do you see someone actually taking a significant gold loss in exchange for anything. Cleric Ressurection needed to be fast, otherwise it'll never get used as very rarely do we get enough time to bother casting it during a fight and end up with a net positive.

Ira

Ira

Level 4
seeing that the vault bug was the last thing on the list i wonder how much faster this release could have been if we had the required replays earlier :D

Level 8
EDIT:
Just read the patch notes and I am not too crazy about these two changes to be honest:

You've got to ask yourself, when have the average player-base been actually willing to pay the price for dying (instead of just repicking then eventually remaking)? The problem with war3 RPGs is that you completely control your saves unlike a standalone ORPG where your death and penalties are written the server as soon as it happens. Any death penalty can be avoided with reloads, there's really not much reason to keep having this around.

I also preferred the old resurrection. Then again, this is easier to balance. Would be better to think of other ways to make resurrection and infusion different.

On one hand it makes things MUCH more convenient, but on another hand having a load limit forces players to remake games periodically which gets old players with new. Players will just stay in the same games now without remaking and old players will not blend much with new as a result.

I hated the idea of being forced to remake just because some guy burnt his loads, it completely breaks the flow of the game. Also, if the only reason to remake was because of loads, it will just be the same team remaking and starting quickly (99% of cases). There are enough community hubs around these days for newbies to find groups (or ask for rmk).

EDIT: :O did anyone notice the changes to Lord of the Caverns? Now he will be a lot harder.
In terms of movement, it's like the first iteration of yeti which is a lot more fun than the static fights in recent versions. In terms of AP and HP he is harder but it's just in line with how an entry boss into an area should be, not a cakewalk with foothills items but not wipe-tastic either.

Level 8

Any chance getting some details here? Would appreciate it very much.

There's actually not much reason to know exactly what has changed. It's better to just check talents when you load something and make sure your build is the best for the current team anyway. Alex will update his guide when the bulk of the changes are pushed through.

What I've noticed so far:
Cleric level 25.2: 'Heal' now also replenishes 1% of max MP to the target healed.
-> Crippling Curse and Sunfire generates 50% bonus threat with Steel Body and 50% less threat without it.

Bishop level 30.1: Attack speed bonus of 'Symbol of Fury' increased by 10%.
-> In addition Spellhaste is also increased by 10%

Bishop level 40.1: Removes 'Weakened Soul' spell damage malus on 'Soul Strike'.
-> Sunfire heals allies in range for SPx0.7

Monk level 45.1: Attacks against targets debuffed with 'Crippling Curse' ignore armor.
-> Fist Flurry CD decreased by 30%

No changes

Squire level 20.3: Increases damage blocked by 'Parry' by 10%.
-> Parry block increased by 15%, Presence threat increased by 7%

Squire level 25.1: 'Hateful Strike' will now also deal damage within an small area of effect when a two-handed weapon is equipped.
-> Backhand added to this effect

Squire level 25.2: 'Taunt' will now deal additional 1 x Spellpower magic damage.
-> Increased to SPx1.5

Squire level 25.3: When parrying an attack, the attacker now takes 50% of damage dealt as physical damage.
-> Decreased to 30%

Crusader and Berserker: No changes

Ranger level 25: Servant of Skies model changes for each choice

Hunter level 30.3: Increases attack speed of the Servant of Nature by 15%.
-> Servant of Skies added for the same effect

Druid: No changes

Magician: No changes

Sorcerer: No changes

Necromancer level 40.3: Increases armor reduction of 'Detonating Bones' by 20%.
-> Increased to 30%

Mystic: No changes

Hexblade: No changes (just note that because Dancing Blades ignores armor now, it is a viable build now, especially if your team seriously lacks AoE, but since Twisting Metal has talent buffs it's still better in general at endgame. Jolting Strikes is also good now, unless your team needs AoE from Bursting Touch.)

Psion: No changes (with the inclusion of Pain Link, Psion has enough endgame AoE to help obliterate spawns without improved levitate. Other builds are now viable, especially improved Psionic Blade with a high DPS slave like the lvl35 Razormane)

Last edited:
Level 3
monk without the talent to ignore armor ... really turned full tank character. I don't like it, pretty poor :(

But divine fist gives double arp now which is nice. Flurry fist more than covers the physical dmg loss from the "crippling curse ignores armor" talent. Steel body now boosts threat from crippling curse too, making monk a better class overall.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Oh ye I remember the feature from late-expansion Wow now. Not sure I like the idea though. Can't unique gear just keep its unique look instead of creating a dress simulator. I see the benefits of cosmetic variation and gold/time sink, but to me item specific visuals is an important element of a game like this.

If item data is purely based on stats, it becomes too generic in my opinion.

Level 3
Oh ye I remember the feature from late-expansion Wow now. Not sure I like the idea though. Can't unique gear just keep its unique look instead of creating a dress simulator. I see the benefits of cosmetic variation and gold/time sink, but to me item specific visuals is an important element of a game like this.

Its just a cool feature to have and as you said "the benefits of cosmetic variation and gold/time sink" if you don't like it just dont use it.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Yeah, but it ruins the meaning of the cosmetics themselves. If anything can look like anything, we may as well just return to no-attachment hero models because then its just about looking the coolest possible and not looking like you are actually wearing specific gear. Also, what one player personally does has no effect on anyone else so my personal use of the system won't change anything.

I do get your point, but you should try to see it from a developers point of view: people will eventually always end up with certain best-in-slot items, which leaves all other item skins to be dead weight at some point. As a developer you want people to see and appreciate your content. That's why there will be heroic dungeons (so the effort I put into creating the earlier dungeons and especially D3 is not wasted) and why Blizzard dumbed down raid content in WoW.

Allowing to transfer looks from one item to another allows for diversity without sacrificing actual best-in-slot gear.

I haven't decided on the pre-requisites or incredients for this feature though, so it's probably too early to think about how it would invalidate the uniqueness of items.
It's just something I could imagine to be a feature in Gaias eventually.

Level 7

Yeah, but it ruins the meaning of the cosmetics themselves. If anything can look like anything, we may as well just return to no-attachment hero models because then its just about looking the coolest possible and not looking like you are actually wearing specific gear. Also, what one player personally does has no effect on anyone else so my personal use of the system won't change anything.
Unique look will become common cloned character pretty fast, because there are only 1-2 viable equipment sets per class.

"dress simulator" will add more sense for low level content and also will reuse big part of imported resources. What a point to import so many models and skip them ingame?

And everyone has their sense of beauty.
So "looking coolest" in fact will be very variative, instead of current "choose one from 2 items per slot" endgame layout.

Plus anything will not look like anything (I hope). Blizzard solved this problem with armor and weapon class restrictions, so you can not transmog cloth into mail or sword into mace.

P.S. To be honest, I like appearance customization. It was so cool to farm T4 rogue or T6 pally sets in WoW :)

Level 8
@Jumbo I think you're misunderstanding something. Yes it will be about looking as cool as possible. However, what's cool is completely subjective, and that's where the diversity comes in. Currently all endgame Crusaders look like a block of metal because it's the far superior build. How would it hurt to stay effective, but have the Bronze Scalemail + Phoenix + Fire Gauntlets models for that dragon knight look?

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
The idea that everyone will use the same items is not a fact. The mere fact that different builds exist goes against it. The possibility of increased item variation in the future is also a factor.
Another point I always return to is the old Wow itemization of 2006: Yes, some people had t2, t2,5 and later even t3, but most people didn't and they could look up to these items and their bearers in awe. Now you may argue that Gaias is not an MMO, but the idea that people can play together and compare gear is still a fact of life ever since D3 when a few people had Phoenix, Yarr Pirate, etc. while most didn't.

Just my 2 cents.

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

The idea that everyone will use the same items is not a fact.
Well, there is a set of items that is best for each character type, with only one or two changeable items at most. Basically every lvl 50, geared character looks the same as others.

Status
Not open for further replies.