• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Assassin 1.2B(14) feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I think Assassin's ability choices in 1.2B (14) are mainly fine but some skills are weak/not worth it compare to others so thats why i suggest what u will read below.
Generally regarding Assassin and 1.2B(14). What we lack is more abilities to make the game more interesting, but more abilities will come in time. So all good for now.

Below ill suggest re-makes of some skills.

Stealth
I think this skill is also kind of weak.
First give Mana cost to Stealth. Going into stealth mode is mostly a magical ability so making it cost MP make sense. Another reason to make it cost MP is that the skill doesnt have ANY CD.
Also. When in Stealth mode your next standard attack or skill will deal 100% critical with increases 50% critical damage.

Embrittling Acid
Currently at 50 lvl reducing 16,5 armor isnt enough. Its weak and will always be ignored unless something changes about it. My suggestion is to make it reduce armor and resists based on SP.

Explosive Trap
This skill's damage should be based on SP not AP. And it could also burn the target/s for a period of time.

Venomus Blade
Make it work 100% and with every offensive skill not just standard attacks. The dmg dealt should be based on SP not AP.

Dazing Trap
Since it cannot sleep bosses make it slow and reduce chance to hit on bosses for or a period of time (based on SP).

Steal
Whenever u Steal a target that target becomes disoriented for 2 (1 sec on bosses).

Level 5
assasin is mainly an ap autoattack dps i dont know what will you accomplish by building it on sp withh your suggestions unless theres a SP dps ability...Even if those abilities were sp based we still wont be choosing them since you will basicly just turn into an useless pleb just running round doing 40-50 dmg per attack and just spamming debuffs... plain stupid imo.Also stealth isnt a magical ability more like assa puts on some camoflague or whatever.Even in the warcraft 3 lore its not a magical ability.Furthermore explosive trap isnt enough of a SP-based dps skill since you cant use it if you are in combat

Level 1
Assassin is mainly an autoattack dps? lol..... what a comment.... If assassin is to become auto attack dps again then Gaias will make a couple of steps behind.
You obviously lack any kind of creativity or even the ability to think.
As i said before in another topic. Builds are for those that want. Just because you wouldnt do something doesnt mean someone else wouldnt.
And please avoid such thoughless comments cause i dont know for how long ill be able to read them.

Level 5
so you believe you are something above us then?Let me ask you something in what game have you seen an assassin use spells or spell damage ? And you didnt say anything about explosive trap pleb :) Everyone is free to state their oppinion you dont have to go nuts n talk shit to ppl just because their oppinion differs from yours

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

Yeah.. Assassin is physical dps. SP does not really factor into it, and that's OK. Having some physical attackers is fine. If her abilities were changed to use SP, they would be extremely weak as Assassin does not build SP. In the same way that an AP Bishop is not viable (and should not be), Assassin should not use SP.

There's no need for Stealth to cost mana; you can't use it in combat anyways, it's only ever used for approaching the enemy. And your idea about Critical out of Sneak already exists in the Backstab ability - it deals double (I think) when used out of Sneak.

Embrittling Acid probably does need some changes, but not because it's too low: because Assassin naturally has armor-piercing, via ArP and the armor pierce talent.

Also: What is wrong with you? No need for insults. And there's also no need to bold the entire text of your post.

Level 1
You are wrong. Assassin can very well be played with SP skills also. If you think the opposite you simply lack experience. Assassin having SP based skills (that make sense like my suggestion) make the class even more interesting and can add additional build option.

Stealth does need mana cost just like any other skill. Nothing should be free. Especially when it has NO CD.
My suggestion about Stealth was just to boost it a little more so that it can become a compareable choice but u didnt seem to grasp that either.

I dont insult anybody. If someone makes a random comment on something without any thoughts on it then that opinion is not worth any value. The only insult here are your false claims since ppl like you try to blame others and make them look guilty since u dont have other way to make yourself look big.
Now stop the meaningless spam of war and dont ruin the post.

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

No, SP assassin is not viable. Assassin has no SP based skills - what are you possibly going to be doing with it? Your proposed changes do not add more build options - they change assassin from an AP char to an SP char, which is the opposite of what she's supposed to be... I love mage characters, but not every character needs to be one.

Why does Stealth need a cost? It's not like you spam it... you cast it one time, then approach. There is no reason for there to be a cost. And also no reason to buff, besides maybe a small MS buff. It's fine as it is.

Yes, you did insult him. These ideas make no sense, and you're raging at any who states this.

Level 5
You are wrong. Assassin can very well be played with SP skills also. If you think the opposite you simply lack experience. Assassin having SP based skills (that make sense like my suggestion) make the class even more interesting and can add additional build option.

Stealth does need mana cost just like any other skill. Nothing should be free. Especially when it has NO CD.
My suggestion about Stealth was just to boost it a little more so that it can become a compareable choice but u didnt seem to grasp that either.

I dont insult anybody. If someone makes a random comment on something without any thoughts on it then that opinion is not worth any value. The only insult here are your false claims since ppl like you try to blame others and make them look guilty since u dont have other way to make yourself look big.
Now stop the meaningless spam of war and dont ruin the post.
The spam war comes from you you are keeping it alive just stfu already.Also rather than spamming the forum just combine all your suggestions into one post already so its easier for zweb to see em as well...Also Bladeflurry does do double dmg if used from stealth also if you are behind the target you ignore the armor.

Level 7
Pretty sure you ruined your own post when you suggested to change Assassin to become SP based and/or become even more powerful. Absolutely nothing needs to change about Assassin, its actually pretty well diversified in how you play it.

Though embrittling acid could probably due with a change to not be level based, as at level 50 it simply stops becoming more powerful. That being said, it does count as a debuff and therefore it powers up opportunist. Its these kinds of decisions that should be implemented, not necessarily changing an AP class to become SP based.

Level 9
Also actually at the moment in gaias you are either SP based or AP based. You deal solid a/a damage only if you are AP based or you have some kind of a/a or AP self buff. So if you change some class skills from AP to SP he will loose ability to deal damage with either a/a or skills. So assassin will loose like 40% of his DPS. And if you'll add some a/a buff to him he will become just psion clone which is also useless. This game is not GoH, you can't max any stat and be viable with some build and you shouldn't because str/health based mages, int(sp) assas and hunters are retarded. Maybe not in gameplay terms but they make no sense at all and will be really hard to balance. And assassin is great hero at the moment, she is strong, but not too strong and she is being played like it was intended (wasn't it tho?).

P.S.: Dude, please, you should stop using bold at all, it looks horrible like that.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
This was not what I meant when agreeing to class topics. What I meant was a category on the forums, not some random threads all over the place.

Also, I suspect doubtful has made a return under a new name, no?

Level 1
@Boxofaith

I didnt suggest Assassin become SP based. So dont write random shit. What i wrote is for some spells to become SP based. This way the class will become even more diverse. Ofc then it wouldnt be as good damager as she is now but thats exactly whats the goal.
PPl like you only think of how THEY want to play a class. So just because u want to play Assassin or whatever class in a specific way dont discourage other things. The game isnt here just for the 10 of you.

@Drizz
Read what i replied to Box. The rest of your comment is meaningless.

SHBlade

Hosted Project GR
Level 14
1. Do u use magic to create poison? -No
2. Is stealth magic(ability to hide doesn't make u magician)? -No
3. Is explosion (from assassin's trap ofc) magic? -No
4. Does embrittling acid need rework (acid is not magic tho)? -Yes

I don't think it makes much sense for Assa to get SP-based skills.

We already have more than enough classes that need SP; let assa have their niché in being completely AP-based DPS all around.

About Embrittling Acid: yes, that definitely needs better scaling. I will think of something. Scaling with AP would be weird, though. I could imagine making it scale with your AGI, though (since throwing potions is kind of a dexterity thing, right?).

Level 1
:(
I hope in future you change your mind cause the Assassination specialty isnt limited in physical combat only :)

Btw Zwieb if you choose Backstab and Opportunist they both function with Q and the hotkeys get messed up.

Last edited:
Level 8

Btw Zwieb if you choose Backstab and Opportunist they both function with Q and the hotkeys get messed up.
That's just a bug for any class. If you spam learn your spells, and click something in the learning book before it closes automatically (after learning your last available spell), both your lvl1 spells are learned. Wait a second after learning your last spell to avoid this, until it's fixed.

That's just a bug for any class. If you spam learn your spells, and click something in the learning book before it closes automatically (after learning your last available spell), both your lvl1 spells are learned. Wait a second after learning your last spell to avoid this, until it's fixed.
I thought I fixed that already from the beta releases. Seems like I didn't. Gonna check it again.

Level 1

I guess so. thanks.
When i did the report i wasnt in game to re-check it but i was also remembering that they are together :vw_death: anywayyyy u guys solved it :ogre_haosis:

Ira

Ira

Level 4
About Embrittling Acid: yes, that definitely needs better scaling. I will think of something. Scaling with AP would be weird, though. I could imagine making it scale with your AGI, though (since throwing potions is kind of a dexterity thing, right?).

How about reducing Armor being an ArP thing?

Level 7
Is SP-based Bard off the table?

If not, you can keep percentage reduction scaled with level (0,3% per lvl) and add green INT based flat reduction (1 INT = -1 Ar), because smart girl can brew better acid :)

Level 7
-shrug-

You could turn bard into pretty much nothing but a buffer with buffs based on SP, and intentionally leave it as uselessly low DPS for soloing with. Hell, it'd be kind of interesting for bard DPS to come almost exclusively from insanely high damaging but low chance procs on weapons like I gave it on one of its weapon options in the next version. It'd be kind of neat for SP leather gear to have a purpose to a second class, and it'd certainly be unique style that no other class currently has, even if its not exactly the most active way of playing a character.

Ira

Ira

Level 4
I don't like SP-based bards, tbh. One could argue that it would probably just gimp any bard builds for no particular reason, unless there are way more skills to back it up.

Even if you dont like SP-Bards you could maybe add a SP-Dagger since Mages and their Advanced Classes can use Daggers but there is no lategame option for that currently.

Daggers just don't look good on mages. We had that before (D2 drop, remember?), but I never delved further into it, because the mage animations aren't optimized for it.

With my current expertize in animating, I could probably create one, but then again, I feel that staves look much cooler anyway.

Level 1
Maneuver (new skill)
The Assassin flips towards a chosen direction. The distance covered is based on her AGI. No CD. If she gets hit while she is pefroming she takes double dmg.

Blink Strike (new skill)
I think the name speaks for itsself :D
The Assassin blinks on a target, either from behind or the sides (cannot be used if you are facing the target). Deals x3 her AP as damage. The distance covered is based on her AGI. The skill cannot be performed if Assassin is too close. No CD. If the target is stunned, it will take another x1,5 Assassin's AP as dmg.

Ira

Ira

Level 4
regarding that there was word about the armor reduction maybe being based not on the player level i thought about how much sense it makes that the bards chorus is based on its AP and would really appreciate a logical explanation for this since something that is related to your voice does not really require a sharp blade or a strong arm

Level 8
Probably AP-based for balance reasons. Would make more sense as agility-based, but then again there's nothing really wrong with it ATM. I could argue that a bard's AP is representative of their battle finesse or ability to incorporate their craft into a fighting situation *shrug*.

Status
Not open for further replies.