• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Berserker 1.2B(14) feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Berserker
There is no one-hand build for this class yet. Since the second class skills are useable only with two-handed weapons. So Shield Slam will never be a choice.

Regarding Berserker's Talents. Talents that benefit the Shield are currently useless as we all know since there is no one-hand build. So, Talents
lvl 10 and 50 have one useless option now.

Skill re-makes

Taunt
Also increases Evasion based on AGI (for as long as normally Taunt lasts). The amount increased should be high (like 25%++).

Heroic Presence
Also gives you chance to deal x3 AP. The chance should be based on AGI and it should be low, something like 1% to 3%.
OR
Also inceases your Evasion by % based on AGI. Should be around 10%.

Warcry
Every time the Berserker gets below 35% life the skill resets.

Level 5
or for example you got the skill Parry which is totally op for 1h builds altho it isnt implemented yet

Thanks for the talent suggestions. I will keep them on the radar for the talent revamp.

I know that 1H+Shield Zerkers are still not a think. Unfortunately, this probably isn't going to change soon, since I don't have the time for another round of skill pairings to make in 1.2C. But there will be new pairings for Lightning Blade and Heaven's Edge in the future (probably with 1H in mind), that's for sure.

Level 1
(more suggestions for Berserker)

Heaven's Edge (re-work)
What about make it so that we no longer need a target to click on but instead we click on an area (like meteor) and simply leap there and hit everything in that region.
Just think how much more interesting the skill will become and will show the players skill. Honestly i think this is a change that should be done. It take the skill to another level. NO MORE lazy click and LEAP!

Heaven's Edge (talent-upgrade)
H.E now stuns up to three targets for 3 seconds (1 sec on bosses).

Devastate (new skill)
The Berserker charges for 3 seconds then unleashes a devastating attack in front of him dealing x7.5AP to all targets hit by it and stun them for 3 seconds (1 sec for bosses). This skill CANNOT critical, it has no CD and can hit ally targets (optional, if possible).
Now, let me explain how i imagine this skill's AOE. It must have small width, and length as much as the length of Berserker's weapon, so that it also makes sense. This will force the players to time but also perform the skill at the required place in order to be successful. This means that the skill might seem simple at first but it can actually fail due to the small width and the timing required.

Last edited:
Level 2
(more suggestions for Berserker)

Heaven's Edge (re-work)
What about make it so that we no longer need a target to click on but instead we click on an area (like meteor) and simply leap there and hit everything in that region.
Just think how much more interesting the skill will become and will show the players skill. Honestly i think this is a change that should be done. It take the skill to another level. NO MORE lazy click and LEAP!

Heaven's Edge (talent-upgrade)
H.E now stuns up to three targets for 3 seconds (1 sec on bosses).

Devastate (new skill)
The Berserker charges for 3 seconds then unleashes a devastating attack in front of him dealing x7.5AP to all targets hit by it and stun them for 3 seconds (1 sec for bosses). This skill CANNOT critical, it has no CD and can hit ally targets (optional, if possible).
Now, let me explain how i imagine this skill's AOE. It must have small width, and length as much as the length of Berserker's weapon, so that it also makes sense. This will force the players to time but also perform the skill at the required place in order to be successful. This means that the skill might seem simple at first but it can actually fail due to the small width and the timing required.

I dont know about others, but i think Devastate skill is not enough powerfull. I think manipulation should increase charging for maybe 60 seconds (much casting time yes) but also increase damage x120AP (or maybe more im not sure yet) and skill's AOE by 20 000 ( i dont remember what range Gigant maps in wc3 have so i think it will be enough to cover all map). Before youll say "wtf is this" :goblin_wtf: try to imagine: someone of your party loads a zerker stand in middle of map (somewhere in Mytagras) wasting 1min to cast spell which clear all mobs and bosses on map :goblin_boom: and after he with teamates pickup all items from bosses! After 10 mins passed he cast it again and repeating the plan! No more stupid and boring runs which take too much time! You dont even need any party what will help with bosses, you can complete full game just picking zerk! Easy drop = easy game = easy life!

So thick thread, my PC drowned in lard, try to thinner next time

Level 1
@Zwieb
TBH lately i dont play Gaias so the only sure thing is that i cant be accurate regarding balance. I just have ideas for skills so i share them here. If you find it OP you can make it x5 or whatever, you know better how to balance.
Just keep in mind that you need 3 seconds to perfrom the skill, meaning, during those 3 secs you wont do any other dmg. So the question is: how much dmg would you do with other skills/auto attacks in 3 seconds?? Because the way i have decribed the skill is something that can actually miss easily. So in the end your perforamance of the skill and the success of it must feel rewarded, otherwise in those 3 seconds you better do other skills/auto attacks that require no effort/timing/placing.

Status
Not open for further replies.