• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Icon Contest #10 ~ The Poll

Which entry do you like the most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
160036-albums4747-picture59500.png

160036-albums4747-picture59947.png

Custom Models/Skins

The contestants were required to create an icon set for a model of their own choice. This included the unit's icon and its abilities' icons.

160036-albums4747-picture59728.png

Entries
Apheraz Lucent
Fjury
Marcos DAB
PeeKay
kola
morbent

Original Post (pastebin entry expired)
JollyD
Sin'dorei300

160036-albums4747-picture59734.png

The Panda
Hemske

Last edited:
Level 6
Awesome work by everyone! :D But i wish you'd add the tooltips to the ability icons aswell, i guess it doesn't have any impact on the judging, but it would influence my vote :p

Edit: Hmm i guess a hidden thing with the model they made icons for and the tooltips would be a good way to do this ;)

I can be freely dropped out of the contest.

I asked you what will happen to my entry, because I'm not able to attach .blp files because things went complicated recently, and therefore I asked for your help :/
If we can't think up of a solution, then delete my entry.

Damn, I totally forgot about that. I am really sorry that I was forgetful of what you told me.

Alright, well, at least I hope that your entry's setup is fine now (I updated it).

Level 6
I gotta say both those passive abilities look so beautiful it's crazy good! The light blue one looks slightly more pixelated if i were to be extremely critical, that is probably just because it's got a brighter colour i can see it though, anyways rly nice, the unit icon got a bit too thick lines compared to the rest though looks a bit off, good in it's own way though, like Kola's which got an awesome entry aswell! :)

Level 11
Damn, was it hard to decide!
Imo all the works are cool, but I was choosing from Apheraz Lucent, Fjury, Marcos DAB and PeeKay, since they are the cleanest, the most clear and the best executed ones (as well as they look more War3'ish).
So in the end it was more of a concept appeal and an overall feeling about each iconset. So the final 2 were Apheraz Lucent and Marcos DAB, since they are the best of those four sets imo. And it was more of a choice among the colors and effects after all, so... Marcos DAB, my vote goes for your amazing work! :p

Level 14
All of us here recognize his great talent in drawing. Your opinion will always be seen as constructive criticism, and very relevant.

Nobody will hate you =X

That^
I guess he has 2 problems, one of these or both
1. People will hate him for his opinions and judging
2. He has problems in real life and is too busy to judge at the moment.

P.S. Will this contest be okay with 2 judges just in case? Just asking.

P.S. Will this contest be okay with 2 judges just in case? Just asking.
Why wouldn't it be okay? Two different judgings are enough.
Pharaoh_ said:
You do realize that judges that hadn't taken up their duty in the past, have been banned as future judges from the Arena, right? No, I am not saying that you will, but there has to be a reason to let it go.
Well, here's the problem I see at hand: You (not you per se, but admins/mods in general) never stated any deadline for judges to withdraw themselves. I did not see such a thing in the rules. Anywhere. Sure, the timing is unfortunate, but it's not breaking any written rules.

I would have liked NFWar to judge aswell, for various reasons. The most important one was that he has YEARS of experience, great skill, entered several previous contests, shows critical thinking and gives valid feedback. All of those points would have made his judging one of the most vital and reliable ones.

Well, here's the problem I see at hand: You (not you per se, but admins/mods in general) never stated any deadline for judges to withdraw themselves. I did not see such a thing in the rules. Anywhere. Sure, the timing is unfortunate, but it's not breaking any written rules.

Did I say that he is breaking any rules? And by the way, there should be no 'deadline', because a) that will show people that they are able to withdraw whenever they feel like it (with no specific reason - "I am bored of giving a review" is not an excuse, really - you were supposed to know what your task of judging was, in the first place), b) you shouldn't apply as a judge, if you are unsure of what it takes to actually judge.

P.S. This is not an abstract discussion with NFWar, as I really respect him and I consider him as a friend; I am just generally speaking, but given the circumstances, it has been shaped a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.