1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Evolution complete! Make Darwin proud and go vote in the Techtree Contest #12 - Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Icon Contest #17 - Results are out! Step by to congratulate our winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Succumb to the whispers and join our Texturing Contest #29 - Old Gods!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The results for Texturing Contest #28 are out! Step by to congratulate our winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We've created the Staff Job Openings thread. We're currently in need of icon, video production, and social/multimedia positions to be filled. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. On May 20th a new law about privacy and data processing comes into work in the EU. I am no lawyer and I need help figuring out if we comply and if not, what we must do about it. Please message me if you can provide any assistance. Read more. Ralle
    Dismiss Notice

Ice Escape Template

Submitted by IcemanBo
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
[rainbow]Ice Escape Template[/rainbow]
Created by IcemanBo

Introduction

What Ice Escape is about:
Ice Escape is a minigame, based on sliding. You're playing with your team and try to pass all stages together. You have to avoid all obstackles and have to stay on your path without touching the snow. This is a very team-based game, because once you died, only your mates can revive you again.

Features

Systems that are included in this template:
- Sliding system with: normal-turning, reverse-turning, no-turning, and speed ice
- Random level system
- Death&Save system: A Save-circle will appear at fallen heroes. Touching this circle will revive the hero.
- Transformation: Press Q for fast car switching
- Coin-ability: Shoot a coin at Save-Circles to revive your mates
- Wave:Temporary Boost
- Speed Aura: Permanet increasing of your sliding speed
- Timer (seen at wood)
- "-share" and "-next" command for easy testing
- Descriptions of triggers and how to create new levels
- End-trigger

Screenshots
Gameplay

Pic 1
[​IMG]

Pic 2
[​IMG]

Pic 3
[​IMG]

Pic 4
[​IMG]

THESE SCREENHOTS ARE DONE IN MY EXAMPLE LEVELS

Notes

Credits:

Models:
AnimateDeadTarget by JetFangInferno
Frozen Orb by Daelin
GoblinCar by Mc !
Orb of Ice by Frankster
SnowPine by Gottfrei
Gnome Teleporter by LordRazor
AcolyteCar, DeathKnightCar, FarseerCar, TaurenCar by Clan KMNOK

Icon:
BTNChronoHD by KelThuzad

Author's note:

- This map includes 6 example level, that you can get an idea of how e.g you can do your levels
- Feedback, ideas, suggestions are always welcome

Keywords:
Area, of, Ice, Escape, Slide, Sliding, Iceman, IcemanBo, Bo, Template, Tutorial, nullskill, clan null, null
Contents

Ice Escape Template (Map)

Reviews
[img][c]Orcnet[c]21:31, 19th Nov 2013700 [img] Ice Escape Template (Tested Version 1.0) Rate[c]Score[c]Percent[c]Letter [r][img][img][img][img][img][c]5/5[c]91-100[c]A Rate[c]Score[c]Percent[c]Letter...
  1. [​IMG] Orcnet 21:31, 19th Nov 2013

[​IMG]
    Ice Escape Template (Tested Version 1.0)

Rate Score Percent Letter
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 5/5 91-100 A
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 4/5 81-90% B
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 3/5 75-80% C
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 2/5 70-74% D
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 1/5 50-69% F

Overview:

Gameplay

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

"This is a fruitful map or more to say a template, useful triggers and the gaming use is fantastic."

Terrain

"Although this is a terrain, it would be nice if you can ditch in a good snowy view for the matter, although this map is already considerable."

Management

"Overall map can be useful."

Total Score: (Gameplay[x/5] + Terrain[x/5] + Management[x/5] / Total Score[15] * 50 + 50)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 9/15 80% C

2. IcyMind

IcyMind

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I thought "IcemanBo" sounded familiar so I decided to check this out. I think I've played Ice escape with you a few times some time ago. Played through parts of the map and checked the triggers in WE.

I'll make a quick review for this map template!

[+]
    - Triggers look pretty much leakless (Though I only went through them quickly).
    - Triggers work as they should.
    - The person using the template will recieve some guidance when looking through the triggers and the map itself.
    [-]
    - I consider the template pretty useless due to several facts:
    - You need to be familiar with the WE and how it works to be able to create a game from the template anyway.
    - You are uploading it to hive. Most people here wouldn't need the template (like myself) because they already know how to create an escape map of any type.

I'm not saying that your map is bad, but to me it seems pretty useless and hard to learn from if you're a newbie. Personally I learn better by creating triggers from scratch and following a tutorial if I have to, and there are tons of escape tutorials out there.

How I see a newbie's reaction when opening this map:
    1: he opens the map
    2: he opens the trigger editor
    3: BAM! 28 different triggers with different content you don't know anything about.... him: "WHERE DO I START??? AHHH!!!", then he closes WE

So, to sum up my 2 points: Too hard for a newbie, the experienced map makers already know how to do it.

Not a bad map template, but for the effort I don't think you get much back.

3. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

JASS Class Tutor

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Thanks for your comment IcyMind, funny there are more ice escaper on THW, i thought im pretty lonesome :p

So... I know a beginner wont be able to change these systems.. but in fact for only creating a new level you just have to add 3 lines, 2 regions and 1 unit (finish). The rest, all other features with units is just optional to show what could be added for more fun.

So to others who gonna test it: Only first Init trigger is needed for putting your new levels in default.

But thanks for your opinion IcyMind, good comment... +rep
    p.s.: Sorry, but i cant remeber you anymore, was maybe too long time ago? :confused: ... But we are still sliding!

4. IcyMind

IcyMind

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You're missing a changelog in the description. You should have one since you're updating the map.

5. Legal_Ease

Legal_Ease

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    And some screenshots would help too. This map looks really cool! People should get to see it.

[​IMG]

LOVE IT!!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  6. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

JASS Class Tutor

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Okay, some screenies added :wink:

7. jakeZinc

jakeZinc

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    The Ice Template ( Escape Game ) is really amazing and cool!!!!!! 5/5

8. Hell_Master

Hell_Master

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Ice Escape Template Review

Map Info
    Ice Escape Template is a Template for Escape maps that is created by IcemanBo. What makes this interesting for a template is that there are triggers for TD already ready to be used and modified just by the audience which I can say is good.

Review
    Idea/Concept:
    The Idea of creating an Escape Template is really reat for we dont see much of this in Hive as far as I kno and also what made it better is that, you provided also Escape based triggers just to be modified to the audience contents which makes it easier for them and you putted some effort into this though I kind of partially agree with IcyMind's opinion. I will gve you a rating of 4/5 here.

Terrain:
    On Escape Maps we dont judge terrain much here for the terrain goes on how the game goes. So I can say is that it is looking good and I like that when you walk into different ice and snow tiles, there are corresponding effects that will occur such as MS plus, death and Reverse. Simply, I'll give you a rating of 5/5 here.

Gameplay:
    Nothing much of a gameplay, just experimenting with the different side effects by stepping at each ice and snow tiles and when finish, go to Circle to finish game. I understand that you made this because the audience are the one who will make their own gameplay out of this template so still rating this not lower 3/5 because it has no gameplay but rating this, 4/5 because of many possibilties of gameplay that can be made through this simple Template.

Comments
    Overall, for an Escape template map, this is looking good and the fact that there are also Triggers to make it easier which I can say that you putted alot of effort into this. To sum up your scores, you got a total of 12/15 or 4/5. Take this +4 REP as a reward for making such a great Escape Template.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  9. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

JASS Class Tutor

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Really good review. :wink:

I guess Hive needs people like you, nothing more to say.

10. Orcnet

Orcnet

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Map approved, see moderator comment on top.

11. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hi iceman bo. I was looking into using this kind of template for a coop map for 1-2 players. I just had a few quick questions if that is ok.

Two non essential questions are whether I can expand the map's size without reprocussions (I am not sure if the apply camera you do to limit each round to the round's terrain is affected by the ratio of the overall map size) and if I can control the order of the rounds (I know which trigger is causing it to be random, but just now sure how to reverse).

These are non essential questions since I can get around both of them (the first I ask because I want room to make cinematics, but there is already some space at the bottom so it is not imperative for me to know). I ask the second question since I wanted to have certain cinematics play at the end of each round, but if I cannot control the order then I cannot make a cinematic that progresses in sequence since I am not sure which one will play first. But I can get around this issue also by just having 1 large cinematic at the start and 1 large cinematic at the end, so the order will not matter.

The main issue is, I am trying to control the model for the heros that are given. I was planning on doing this in a crude manner, since after the "human" is created I could just trigger it to pick all units belonging to a certain colour and using the metamorphosis spell to change into the hero I want it to be, a hero that will not have the option to change to another form for the sake of the story. The issue I am facing here is, all the morph spells are based on the druid of the claw's metamorphosis spell, so when there are 2 players in game (its a coop map that allows 1 player or 2 player), and I want the second hero to be another hero model, I cannot use the same trigger since all the morph into other drivers spell are based on the same metamorphosis spell. And the key issue is, there might only be 1 player in game, so I only want to trigger it so only when there is a second player, it will change it to the 2nd model (which is why I would use the crude trigger "pick all units belonging to colour and do spell)

Sorry if that is super confusing, I love your template a lot :)

12. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

JASS Class Tutor

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Map size has no effect, as long as it gets so small that for example objects, or regions are removed. You can or make it bigger, or smaller and remove levels.
    For locking players' cam to level bounds, there are regions placed on the map, and they are put into an array. Have a look here:

1.png

Basically, a random number from array size 1-6 is taken, and will define the "next level".
    If you want to have a straight order, then you can simply start at "1" and simply increase by +1 after each level.

Did I get it right, that a trigger is needed that:
    • Transforms hero by player 1 into "Hero X"
    • Transforms hero by player 2 into "Hero Y"
      ( X is not same as Y)
    • Trigger does only work if there are 2 players
    Not sure where exactly the problem with crow form ability is, you may add different abilities to the heroes, and use it, or? Might you elaborate if this doesn't help?

Thank you! But I'm not very sure you very much need so much from it.. ;D

13. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I mean, the only way I can make a unit use a custom ability (the change driver/model spell) is by triggering it to use one of the default abilities that the "custom" ability is based on. All of the change driver spells are based on the " druid of the claw -bear- transform " ability. So I cannot make them turn into different drivers unless the changedriver abilities are based on different spells.
    *I might be wrong about everything above, but that is how I understand it.

14. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

JASS Class Tutor

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    • We have control which ability a unit has at any point in game.
    • All transform-abilities are based on same orderid, means all abilities require the same order to execute.
    • We can control the unit to have the exact transform-ability which our unit should use, and then we just order to transform.
    See example map attached, where we can write "-0" up to "-11" to transform in wanted hero.

• Setup
      • Events
        • Map initialization
      • Conditions
      • Actions
        • Set tulee_Abilities[0] = Acolyte
        • Set tulee_Abilities[1] = Tauren
        • Set tulee_Abilities[2] = DeathKnight
        • Set tulee_Abilities[3] = Farseer
        • Set tulee_Abilities[4] = Goblin
        • Set tulee_Abilities[5] = Helicopter
        • Set tulee_Abilities[6] = Human
        • Set tulee_Abilities[7] = Illidan
        • Set tulee_Abilities[8] = Infernal machine
        • Set tulee_Abilities[9] = Lich
        • Set tulee_Abilities[10] = Orc
        • Set tulee_Abilities[11] = Tank

• Change
      • Events
        • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing - as A substring
      • Conditions
      • Actions
        • Set Int = (Integer((Substring((Entered chat string), 2, (Length of (Entered chat string))))))
        • Set Unit = Hero[(Player number of (Triggering player))]
        • Unit - Add tulee_Abilities[Int] to Unit
        • Unit - Order Unit to Night Elf Druid Of The Claw - Bear Form

Attached Files:

15. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ahh! Of course, adding the ability to the unit as a trigger. Thanks Iceman! I did not even think of that as a possibility to get around the order ID issue. I will try messing around with the map again. Thank you!