• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need a good game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
If you like your single player RPGs, try DrakenSang. It's decent, although I'm still not sure I like the fact that it runs based on the exact rules of the paper game (D&D basically). I'm struggling with the whole 1D12 concept, so if you're familiar with it already, it should be a quick learning curve, whereas I'm reading the damn manual every few minutes.

Good visuals, so far decent story, good'ol fashioned cliche medieval characters, and plenty of weapons (or so I hear) and characters.

Level 34
It's not so easy with a shitty manual. It's awful at explaining things.
Probably has to do with the fact that it's a German game originally.

Level 36
You poor misguided person.

Alienware makes good machines. Of course they aren't the best, that could be said of almost anything, but it's still a really nice computer, considering that it's 1&1/2 years old and it can run games that came out a few weeks ago.

As for DrakenSang, I'll give it a shot, I've already played games like Baldur's Gate and NWN1+2 so it should be pretty easy to pick up.

Level 34
Alienware are good, but you're paying for the name, not the parts. I'd just prefer to build, or buy from some private custom build company.

Level 15
Alienware are good, but you're paying for the name, not the parts. I'd just prefer to build, or buy from some private custom build company.

I think we already discussed this. :p

But he's right, buy an Alienware if you want to say you have one, build your own if you want one that's truly worth it's grit.

Whoa, nice avatar Void, i've been listening to Ratatat quite a bit recently.

Level 34
I simply use a hammer, some nails, scraps of metal, a defiblirator, and hot glue. Easy stuff.

Level 12
Try Planescape: Torment or Psychonauts maybe. If you're a fan of roleplaying mixed with strategi, I recommend one of the Spellforce games or Dragonshards.

(Spellforce should be downloaded illegaly with some fixes because if you buy it, it seems to be bugged as hell.)

Level 7
If you like your single player RPGs, try DrakenSang. It's decent, although I'm still not sure I like the fact that it runs based on the exact rules of the paper game (D&D basically). I'm struggling with the whole 1D12 concept, so if you're familiar with it already, it should be a quick learning curve, whereas I'm reading the damn manual every few minutes.

Good visuals, so far decent story, good'ol fashioned cliche medieval characters, and plenty of weapons (or so I hear) and characters.

Drakensang is a good game. And it's no D&D, it's a German system called Das Schwarze Auge (The Dark Eye) which is way more popular there than D&D. Coming back to Drakensang, it's a one-timer thou. Funny, pretty, but after you finish it, you can't play it anymore. Too linear and the amount of items, spells is so LOW. Every time you play it, you play it more or less the same way. That's a huge flaw, imho. You have a game with a good skeleton (a well implemented RPG system, nice graphics, story) which barely uses it's capabilities. But I guess that after making some serious money on Drakensang, they might make the next game (which will be a prequel) a lot better.

To sum up. Those hours I spent on Drakensang (pretty long, but nothing compared to BG, ID or TES (which are boring as shit, imho)) were spent very pleasantly, but that's it. I just couldn't repeat that game, like I did with Fable (twice, lol), because there are maybe 2 'bigger' things throughout the game which you can do in another way.

Level 34
I got stuck trying to kill a giant rat, and couldn't do it. I gave up.
I also bought Warhammer Online to hold me until D3.

Level 7
I got stuck trying to kill a giant rat, and couldn't do it. I gave up.
I also bought Warhammer Online to hold me until D3.

Haha. Don't give up. And put off that rat until later, that's, actually, the only quest I had to delay throughout the whole game. But srsly, if you're already there, don't give up. That's where things start getting interesting.

Level 34
I gotta walk all the way back outa that cave? Oh, screw that! :p
I'll bring that fucker down eventually.

Level 17
Give the Prince of Persia Sands of time Trilogy a whirl. It's pretty cool, if you can withstand the fucking brutal difficulty you'll have fun with it. Saw the trilogy for sale for like 19 bucks, or you can just torrent it w/e.

The 3 games should keep you occupied for a little while.

Never got into the new Prince of Persia... just wasn't the same.

Level 19
Give the Prince of Persia Sands of time Trilogy a whirl. It's pretty cool, if you can withstand the fucking brutal difficulty you'll have fun with it. Saw the trilogy for sale for like 19 bucks, or you can just torrent it w/e.

The 3 games should keep you occupied for a little while.

Never got into the new Prince of Persia... just wasn't the same.

I played the newest PoP a few months ago and found that the computer controls were awful.
Liked the 1st one though (on my friend's PS2)

Level 7
As for the PoP trilogy by Ubisoft. Warrior Within is definitely the best out of the three. The others don't have that mood. It's also that part that perfected the fighting system, imho. Why waste time for others, when you can play the essence? ;P

Level 17
As for the PoP trilogy by Ubisoft. Warrior Within is definitely the best out of the three. The others don't have that mood. It's also that part that perfected the fighting system, imho. Why waste time for others, when you can play the essence? ;P

I preferred the Two Thrones.

Sands of time was way too cartoonish, and the story (Well, the way it was presented) was cheesy as fuck.

Warrior Within was like Ubisoft overreacting to the cartoonish mood of Sands of time, by deciding to coat every fucking thing with blood and guts. They also killed the Prince's character by giving him some extreme "batitude" which was lame. Although the gameplay was much improved (The combat was great), but way too dark.

Two Thrones did exactly what Warrior Within should have done, except it was not as dark and brutal as Warrior Within, while not being cartoonish and cheesey like Sands of time. It balances out.

Although I recommend playing them in respective order, you'll have fun playing through the entire trilogy and the story picks up at Warrior Within.

Level 15
The PoP trilogy is great, and i agree with just about everything you said. But i don't really see anything wrong with making it darker in Warrior Within, the story itself was supposed to be dark anyway. The combat in Warrior within was awesome. Enough said.

Level 9
Warcraft III for uber value (free maps instead of Microsoft's assholeness of charging 10 dollars for 3 maps that aren't even bot-isable, at the very least?!)

Resident Evil 5 provides literally 140 hours of offline (split-screen, single player, system link) before you get bored.

Far Cry 2 has map editor, 50 hours of campaign and a map editor which isn't terrible like H3's.

There's some good value ones.

Level 11
I would highly recommend Arx Fatalis if you havent played it, its old old old... game came out in november 2002 but i find it epic (since you said you played bethesdas games), also i would recommend a game for playstation 1 called Chrono Cross, It has the best story line in my opinion, also music for game is so epic, download ePSXe (emulator) and video plugin you can find it via google i think, download the game and play. If you cant find it i could search it for you if you are interested.

Level 11
yea its awsome game i find it better than morrowind sometimes but morrowind is so much bigger to explore but you can cheat in like 100 ways (make pots and sell for more gold-easy alchemy of 100, than make potions for intelligence till you have your intelligence high enough to make potions that last x million sec and so on...). Try chrono cross too if ur not too lazy to look for emulator, plugin, and game to download.

Level 11
well you can do that too but u'll probably hit a wall anyway lets not go to off topic here.

EDIT: hahahaha fund it on google

Attachments

• morrowind_days_by_snowskadi.jpg
    morrowind_days_by_snowskadi.jpg
    698 KB · Views: 83
Level 15
dunno if these were suggested, too lazy to read that all =))

Evil Islands
Rage of Mages I & II (they are old and the graphic isn't 3D, but gameplay is great)
also, this

Status
Not open for further replies.