• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Good RPG game ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Its long time i played a RPG game for a single player. I loved the RPGs like Fallout 1 , 2 and Baldurs Gate , now there is fast any RPG 3D where you just fight and do quest for quest.
Is there a RPG where is a huge map with secrets , locations , many creatures , and the choice Good and Evil ?
Mostly you play just for some character doing quest for quest , playing just for good...
I like Fallout and Baldurs Gate because there you have the choice and there are many skills , secrets... For sample in Fallout are many quests and talking NPC , good , evil , neutral... Many weapons , huge map , some random encounters and too secrets.

Is there any RPG game where you are free and after you done the "Main quest" you still have fun playing it and having other goals ?
Is there any RPG game worth playing ?
A game where you arent bored.
I dont care if its 3D or like Fallout or Baldurs Gate , its just should be good.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

FFXII is filled with side-quests and little stories. I don't think you can keep playing after defeating the last boss though (been a while since I played it). I guess there's not really much choices in terms of good or bad either.
Oblivion and Morrowind are pretty much sandboxes though, with a thin red line where you should progress in order to finish the game eventually.

Level 7
Well i could try Final Fantasy , i never played it ,but i heard it should be good.

Level 34
Dragon Age Origins is made by Bioware, who made Baulders Gate 2, Neverwinter Nights, Knights of the Old Republic, and Mass Effect. Basically they own, and so does Dragon Age Origins. Best RPG for years, seriously good stuff.

Level 17
My vote goes to Dragon Age as well.

Beyond that I would also recommend The Witcher Enhanced Edition Director's Cut, The Elder Scrolls III and IV, Fable II, and everything Gilles mentioned.

Level 27
Risen!

www.xfire.com/profile/thewandmirror for some descent screenshots.

As you can see i played like 45 hours to finish the storyline, you can choose 2 sides or be stuborn and stay neutral :) So it's possible to play it again from another
perspective

(Dragon age wouldn't install for me some reason, tried NCRC command but then it gives another error later on. 64-bit win7 here)

Level 40
Aren't 3d, but

Tales of Middle Earth, Ancient Domains of Mystery (ascii art if you want to try roguelikes)
NetHack, Crawl (More of dungeon crawls than strict RPGs)
Icewind Dale, Icewind Dale II (By the same people as Baldur's Gate if I recall correctly)
Baldur's Gate II
Diablo, Diablo II (Obligatory)

As for 3d, I've heard good things about Torchlight (essentially a diablo clone in style) and Avencast (some German RPG).

--

Nethack, Crawl, ToME, and ADoM are all free, Diablo and Torchlight are very cheap, and the others are all reasonably cheap.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Icewind Dale (1, Heart of Winter and 2) are awesome, but you're not as free as in Morrowind for example.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Hmm, well I got to admit it's been a great while since I played Icewind Dale, hence I can't really comment on it's replayability, but there's a lot of variation available, you could make an entirely different team and do the game again with various strategies. You can also go multiplayer on LAN, and let a mate help out- it's normally 6 characters which you control, after all. Great fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.