• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I ask you for a favour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
For all World of Warcraft fans.

As some of you might know, blizzard releases WOW at 23rd november 2004 in Asia and North America.
Europe and the rest of the World must wait another 4-6 months for "their" release of the localized WOW servers.
The bad marketing thing is, they DONT allow european People to play on the US servers.
Read this:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-general&t=385040

I also called Blizzard by Phone telling them I never bought localized Blizzard Software and always played the original US versions of their Games.
For WOW they told me I cannt do a shit.. only thing to do is buying localized software in 4-6 months.

I now encourage all you people here on this site to express their disagreement whit that policy and write emails to:
[email protected]
complaining about the unfair threatment.
Remember this... a MMORPG is there too meet new people and get online friends.
How can you meet new foreign people when they are all shut out and kept separated?

What would you think if i'd restrict www.wc3sear.ch to only germany, austria and switzerland... and tell you ya all need to wait 4-6 months for the lokalized versions of the page for you....
And shut out all foreign people by IP range block.

You'd propably think I consumed some drugs which were not good for me...

So please... all visitors of this page and wow fans who disagree with that policy (also US habitants are invited to complain) please write an email to blizzard and complain.

Alone we cannt do nothing... but if a huge community complains it might fetch an ear there.

Thank you for your time

Darky28

Level 7
well, you certainly have got my vote! That's both unappropiate and unheard of! I can dig that the European release is a little further away - used to that, however 6 months does sounds like bull :evil: and is totally unacceptable - HOW and WHY? Does Blizzard plan to have such extreme changes ín the game, that this is a neccesity? And hells... I don't think any other mmorpg ever had continential seperation on their servers - thats moronish if such a word exist, and I really don't see the problem that would've caused such a reaktion - dishimatishite! AND WTF IS A GUILD GONNA DO IF WE HAVE PLAYERS FROM SEVERAL DIFFERENT REGIONS WHO CAN NOT PARTICIPATE ON THE SAME SERVER? :evil:

To quote a Guild: "This is a terrible idea. All you are doing is handing international guilds a letter that reads: Go play EQ2, we don't want your money.
"

I see your point, and I've allready bugged them by mail

Level 17
Intercontinental Guilds are all screwed.
They cannt play with each other...
And after 4-6 monts all guildmates will be level 60 when you fresh start here in europe....

The whole thing is marketing crap... Vivendi screws us all. Please all write complain emails to blizzard... only like this we can change something.

Level 17
is there one "company" that gets all the money from wow fees ?

or is there bliizard europe that is handling the local things...

cause: everyone wanted to start playing wow asap...so everyone is goin to play on servers in the USA...

so the europe servers will lack of this ppl who want to play asap...

Its not Vivendi screwing us all, its Blizzard. Blizzard made the game, so its all their fault.

I dont understand why they cant just send some copies to Europe... I mean they ought to have like tons of them.

I kinda understand the point of seperating countries... they may have thought there would be some kinda language barrier... but of course then Americans who play on the Europe server whithout knowing jack shit about another language would be kinda stupid.

*waits for his email program to open*

Level 5
Although i'm an american and i have on my calendar to get up at like 1 and get copy and play all morning, i still disagree with the regional release! i mean, who would limit dif contenents MONTHS from release! i mean alot of my friends are in europe :(

Lord_Duke

L

Lord_Duke

i think we can say that in the usa open beta there were mainly of us true loyalists from europe playing,give or take some folk.The us beta went fine,there should just be mass mixed servers like that,i'm not one to conform to wc3campaigns normality in honest truth,but my complaint has been stated and sent and i am glad you raised the point Darky.

Level 3
Wow that is wrong......sending e-mail right now....
anyway....I am an American and I like playing with people from other countries. It is interesting and makes the game fun....expecially if they are from Europe.

Level 1
Nevertheless, we do recognize that players from different regions will want to play together. Unfortunately, because of the current realities regarding local billing requirements, privacy of information across international boundaries, and the aforementioned issues with connection quality between regions, we will be unable to offer cross-regional services at the time of the North America/Korea launch. However, for those players who still wish to play on servers outside of their region, we will look into providing a specific solution that addresses their concerns after launch.

Quote from the link Darky gave!!!

Blizzard will look into it!

I do not disagree with Darky at all but it's not like blizzard just made it impossible. They will make it happen!

Level 1
Its limited to different continents because its a lot harder to get the type of servers they need there then it is in the US. And they wont allow you to play oversea games because of the extremely intense traffic flow on the bandwidth. For every 1 Oversea client playing on a direct server they use as much badnwidth as I belive its 6 US players due to the fact they have to link up via satalite. Although I do agree they should have started trying to get their WoW stuff up in europe a lot sooner. Ive left a complaint with them.

Level 1
whoever who think up this idea, should be fired immediately.
Its a nonsense calling a game MMORPG if they apply server boundaries to it
i see all of their arguments are simply unreasonable. Other MMORPGs like FF or CoH work well even without this silly server restriction. Payment should also not a problem, since as far as i know, you can always pay almost to everywhere with paypal or visa

im very disappointed as i read this, since i usually also play with friends from overseas. I was so exicited of WoW and it doesnt even matter to me that we get it 1-2 months later. But this, this is just disappointing.

Level 8
blizzard normaly have there reason for doing such things esp something as drastic as this but it is in business sence a bad idea to ignore such a request or a plee. its blizzards job to make a game and make it for everyone all over the world not just to surten countrys exluding others who probably have been waiting for wow and long to play online with friends they have made in all countrys.
i have made friends online from different countrys and the thought of not geting to play online on wow with them is very disopointing. i would e-mail and make a complaint but i feel its not going to be heard. wich is why i propose you take it further than an e-mail and you rally people on the outside who are fan of warcraft and games and make your opinion heard in a much biger scale, not protest because that never works either, write to a game magezine are something. i feel theres not much that can be done and if blizzard choose to ignore this then they all suck and or a disgrace to game makers for turning there backs on all fans all over the world.

Level 3
ARGGGGG!!!! This is WOW's first and biggest mistake!

Sure the european release is later...sure its 6 months...sure its fixed servers i can live with those but making us have to play on a fixed continental server is idiotic! MMORPGS are fun cause youy can interact with peopel all over the world not jsut nearby.

I always sincerly believe Blizzard looked out for the enjoyment of the fans rather than the biggest profit availalbe....i guess i was wrong.

I know alot of people dont like Final Fanatsy (i love it im just usig it as an example so dont flame me for liking it) but FFXI's server base is a good idea. You are locked into a server with people from all over the world however if you have a friend who has already played they can get a world(server) pass and give it to you so you can start in thier world/server. When servers get tooooo full they implement immigration allowing you to travel to a less populated server.

Level 3
WoW's biggest mistake was not overseas problems, but that all chracters are restricted to 1 server. If you were able to transfer characters over to other servers at will, then it would solve the localizing problem.

Then all bllizzard has to do is allow you to access any sever; they do it all the time at b.net! I'm EST and can connect to any euro sever I wish. I don't see why the same can't be done with WoW, esp. when you allow the afformentioned character transfer.

Level 1
Darky What 6 months are you talking about?!?!

If you are waiting for a german version then it's your own fault..

All europeans that use an english version will have to wait 3 days!!! then Blizzard will hold an OPEN EU beta of WoW!!

Level 8
I agree with everyone here that it's one big injustice but it's too naive to think our petitions or complaints will change anything. Blizz will do as Vivendi says, isn't that clear? And for Vivendi we are the secondary target audience since gamers in US and Korea bring them much more $$$. We can do nothing, sad but true.

Besides, as Muldav said, we'll have an open EU beta very soon. I personally see nothing wrong with it, it's even better cuz it's free :)

BTW, in EU WoW will be released in mid February 2005, that's 3 months not 6 :p

Level 10
That's true. But I like to try at least (I've recently written to Khatami, the President of Iran, to obtain the grace of a 13 years old woman sentenced to death!) We can't do much, but doing the little we can is better than doing nothing, because if everyone did little then the sum would be astronomic. But of course we must keep in mind that WoW is not a matter worthy of our intention compared with world peace, people dying from hunger, slaughters...

Level 1
Hmm, I didn't had the time to read all the replies (I still feel sick though) but I just want to express my anger about Blizzard, and I wanted to let you know that I have send them an e-mail.

CTM

CTM

Level 2
Email sent. WC3C has all my support :)

I'm pretty impressed with Darky's initiative. Great job :D

Level 1
Hands up everyone here who has made a commercially released game in their lives...

Really people, just calm down. It's pretty safe to estimate that Blizzard are making the right decision. They've always done so in the past, I can't see why it would suddenly change. When something affects you like it does here, the natural human tendency is to get very angry. But think about it: can you really picture Blizzard executives going "Hehe, let's keep all those stupid poms, wogs and other europeans from playing WoW on US servers"? They're trying to get the best possible result for everyone. See what you need to understand is that WoW is the attempt at making a polished MMORPG, because the issues that crop up with the other ones could all be fixed if the companies making them had spent a little more time on them. Therefore if Blizzard say they'll keep it seperate, then I say let them. I trust them.

And before you flame me, I live in Australia and so will have to wait ages for it myself. That's okay though *twiddling thumbs*

Level 2
gggrrrrr..... Blizzard is being retarded, the purpose of gaming industries is to aclually SELL as many games in as little amount of time as possible. And 6 months is outragous, it shouldn't take that long to re-do the voice-overs and text, complaint sent darky, blizzard shall face the wrath of my spam. :twisted:

I'm an American user and i'm still outraged. if you think about it it'd be like Blizzard seperating the US and saying "all people in the states: Alabama, Florida, Tennesee, Georgia, Mississippi, and Louisiana have to wait 6 months to play so we can make a simpler version for their vocabulary and won't be so confused because we're ****in' prejudice against southerners because every house has at least three guns (true), they all love fried chicken and deep-fried cat fish (true), and all southerners are redneck hicks that don't know **** about **** (not true). :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

That's basically it, I think I might decide to hack blizzard and stick a whole ton of spyware in their machine just to annoy the crap out of them. Also, I'll spam them just for the heck of spaming those prejudice *******. :twisted:

Long story short: complaint sent... multiple times. :twisted:

Level 2
funny...

i think it's interesting that it is so easy to appeal to blizzard for not releasing their game in only SOME countries and not in others, which i dont agree with none-the-less, but no one says a WORD about the 4500 babies murdered daily by the liberal left all for a large sum of cash.

Level 1
Hey, I'm sure you guys developed your MMORPG's and they could easily handle any bandwith amount (YES IT IS ABOUT THAT, so they take Australia over another area not my problem) Besides since most non Americans hate America I rather not play with them. But then again that could be just me since the flowing intelligence from all these people on the boards are the one affecting my decision of not wanting to play with foreigners.

Level 3
What the hell is u all guys talking about. IT W.O.N.T take six month!!
I ordered my WoW and they said 27:th of January, NOTHING else. It was the english version AND I HOPE for god sake they won't do a fucking german/spanish/french or Korean version!

It just destroys everything, like in Wc3 every name of every single unit have a fucking wierd name, I mean I play 2 on 2 with germans sometimes and they said they should build something, and I have no Idea of what it is. U german, french and so on learn english for fuck sake, or why do u want a non english version?

I must admit that my english wasn't the best in this post but I hav not much time...

BTW
here is some examples of a swedish version:

Lordamere Lake - Lordamere Sjön
Mage - Magiker
Hunter - Jägare
Rouge - Smink
Priest - Präst
Warlock - Krigsmagiker
Warrior - Krigare

Troll - Troll
Nightelves - Nattälver
Humans - Människor
Orc - Orch
Dwarves - Dvärgar
Tauren - Ox-Snubbar

Level 6
I think blizzard is being VERY stupid. One of my favrot parts about the other blizzard games is meeting people who don't live any where near me. It is always so fun to decover that the person you have been playing with for a few hours lives on the other side of the world. I am going to email blizzard ASAP.

@darky
Thanks for point this out! I would never have noticed it on my own.

Level 1
You guys seem even more retarded than the posts you make...

THERE WILL BE AN OPEN EUROPEAN BETA OF WOW THE 26TH OF NOVEMBER THAT WILL BE RUNNING UNTIL THE DATE OF RELEASE FOR WOW IN EUROPE!!! AND FOR FREE

That should make some people read other posts than Darky's

Level 12
That's quite true. Though I wouldn't be hasty on saying Blizzard's being racist or anything. I'm American, but I live in Hawaii, so I feel left out when Blizzard always have their promotions at the mainland. I mean it's bad enough if the US considers itself united. And I'm guessing you don't understand a single thing I just said. :wink:

Level 1
alfredx_sotn said:
Compare the date of the article and the starting of the thread. Found something funny?

It has nothing to do with the dates, this post (the Blizzard's one that I just quoted) just shows more clearly what Blizzard was trying to say here from the beginning: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-general&t=385040 and what MuldaV was trying to notify everyone several times in this thread.

This discussion is simply a huge inquisitorial raid about nothing, exactly the same as occurred during one of the wc3 patches when everyone thought Blizzard was sending out some nasty .sys files that was supposed to slow down the customers computers (I'm exaggerating a little :roll: ). It was not done by purpose but huge masses raided Blizzard.

I don't know who Darky called but that representative should be fired at once. All this carp about 4-6 months and "cannt do a shit.." is simply unbelievable.

TGN

Level 7
i may be new here, but i'll do my best to support as well, i believe that darky's cause is a worthy one.
besides, i think i am among the few israeli's who have awareness of blizzad's decision.
i have 2 main reasons:
1} i never visited europe, so perhapse i'll be able at least to play with european people.
2}as i mentioned earlier, i am from israel,of course that i refer to all of asia as well: if the game doesnt reach asia,{and lest we forget,europe} we won't have the joy of playing WOW. :!: :!: :cry:
so after all this huge talking, i am adding my "vote" :p 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.